VAT flat rate scheme, when to leave the scheme?
I just wanted to double check my understanding of when a company should leave the flat rate scheme. I understand that it is when the turnover (including VAT) exceeds £230,000 in 12 months. My query is with regards to the period that counts as 12 months.
I believe that it was at any 12 month period from joining the scheme, i.e. on a rolling basis. However a colleague said they thought it was only at each anniversary of joining the flat rate scheme that you look back over the past 12 months.
Which is correct?
Thank you in advance for your help.
- Dress code 42 3
- directors control and tax problems 116 4
- Bulk Invoicing 163 6
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 191 5
- What would you do in this situation? 511 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 139 3
- Help Required 290 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 229 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 410 14
- What's in a name ? 258 4
- ATED Penalties 268 1
- late second payment on account 162 2
- US royalties 88 2
- Project being run jointly 134 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 179 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 197 3
- Sole trader mix up 298 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 744 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 902 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 211 4
- CTA study material 701
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 424
- Employment related securities question 266
- AIM Stocks and IHT 245
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 198
- Trust for Employee 186
- Expat pension contributions? 184
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 166
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 157
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 118