VAT flat rate scheme, when to leave the scheme?
I just wanted to double check my understanding of when a company should leave the flat rate scheme. I understand that it is when the turnover (including VAT) exceeds £230,000 in 12 months. My query is with regards to the period that counts as 12 months.
I believe that it was at any 12 month period from joining the scheme, i.e. on a rolling basis. However a colleague said they thought it was only at each anniversary of joining the flat rate scheme that you look back over the past 12 months.
Which is correct?
Thank you in advance for your help.
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 187 4
- SA302 279 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 235 4
- Go Cardless 327 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 212 3
- Hmrc software 223 3
- Mehjoo 266 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 111 1
- Hosted email exchange 173 5
- South African Government Pension 180 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 166 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 288 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 309 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 245 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 149 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 287 7
- New Email Extensions 200 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 318 2
- Dental practice incorpration 156 1
- Audit rules 182 4
- Xtuple 510
- Qtac payroll for bureau 349
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 293
- Industrial & Provident Societies 284
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 226
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 176
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 175
- Domain name sale and limited company 171
- CIS schemes 162
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 144