VAT flat rate scheme, when to leave the scheme?
I just wanted to double check my understanding of when a company should leave the flat rate scheme. I understand that it is when the turnover (including VAT) exceeds £230,000 in 12 months. My query is with regards to the period that counts as 12 months.
I believe that it was at any 12 month period from joining the scheme, i.e. on a rolling basis. However a colleague said they thought it was only at each anniversary of joining the flat rate scheme that you look back over the past 12 months.
Which is correct?
Thank you in advance for your help.
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 180 4
- VAT Query 142 2
- Overlap relief 687 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 145 2
- Sacked my first client 586 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 380 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 191 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,243 24
- Share transfer question 245 9
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 600 11
- Trades and deadlines 112 3
- How to pay national insurance 639 18
- New Website Look 1,065 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 250 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 216 5
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 149 4
- Marketing and email surprises 341 7
- Am I too soft? 451 13
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,215 16
- Humour me...worrying without need? 307 2
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 424
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 417
- WIP Software 284
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 283
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 216
- No payroll scheme in place 213
- Software recommendations 193
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 193
- Is there anything wrong with this? 184
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 182