VAT flat rate scheme, when to leave the scheme?
I just wanted to double check my understanding of when a company should leave the flat rate scheme. I understand that it is when the turnover (including VAT) exceeds £230,000 in 12 months. My query is with regards to the period that counts as 12 months.
I believe that it was at any 12 month period from joining the scheme, i.e. on a rolling basis. However a colleague said they thought it was only at each anniversary of joining the flat rate scheme that you look back over the past 12 months.
Which is correct?
Thank you in advance for your help.
- A little knowledge 179 5
- Scratch Head 306 1
- Year end 232 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 309 13
- Clothing 609 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 139 6
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,270 18
- Parent and subsidiary... 169 5
- Identity check problem 1,499 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 148 1
- Capital allowances on Software 227 2
- Designated sole Residence 207 4
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 109 3
- Company director and KIT days 124 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,186 50
- Anybody still doing returns? 874 34
- Digita in the cloud 79 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 243 7
- IHT and US resident 126 2
- Tax relief when working away 90 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 958
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 683
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 630
- Latest phishing scam 607
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 445
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 330
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 261
- Sabbatical payments 221
- Negligible Value Claim 200
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 199