VAT flat rate scheme, when to leave the scheme?
I just wanted to double check my understanding of when a company should leave the flat rate scheme. I understand that it is when the turnover (including VAT) exceeds £230,000 in 12 months. My query is with regards to the period that counts as 12 months.
I believe that it was at any 12 month period from joining the scheme, i.e. on a rolling basis. However a colleague said they thought it was only at each anniversary of joining the flat rate scheme that you look back over the past 12 months.
Which is correct?
Thank you in advance for your help.
- Paper 132 8
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 408 16
- Moneysoft - technical query 408 11
- Giving investment company to spouse 48 2
- Recommendations for in house accounts prep software? 87 2
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 242 5
- Xero Pain Points 321 14
- Tainted donation by company 169 2
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 665 8
- HMRC incompetency 202 1
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 631 10
- HMRC site down ? 266 5
- Tax Codes and VAT 220 3
- Renting home garage and outbuildings to Business 192 3
- The importance of Grammar 1,008 25
- VAT REGISTATIONS 237 5
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,903 65
- System selection 187 2
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 507 21
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 360 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 361
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 303
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 290
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 283
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 275
- Electric Car 232
- S222 Charge 204
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 201
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 193
- Company Structure 181