VAT flat rate scheme, when to leave the scheme?
I just wanted to double check my understanding of when a company should leave the flat rate scheme. I understand that it is when the turnover (including VAT) exceeds £230,000 in 12 months. My query is with regards to the period that counts as 12 months.
I believe that it was at any 12 month period from joining the scheme, i.e. on a rolling basis. However a colleague said they thought it was only at each anniversary of joining the flat rate scheme that you look back over the past 12 months.
Which is correct?
Thank you in advance for your help.
- Disbursement of recharge 385 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 27 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 305 9
- Mortgage Reference 906 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 309 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 112 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 159 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 140 1
- RTI offline? 619 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 161 1
- CIS and Xero 279 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 263 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 183 2
- property capital gains 413 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 158 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 946 9
- Tips on meals 573 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,355 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 242 3