VAT flat rate scheme, when to leave the scheme?
I just wanted to double check my understanding of when a company should leave the flat rate scheme. I understand that it is when the turnover (including VAT) exceeds £230,000 in 12 months. My query is with regards to the period that counts as 12 months.
I believe that it was at any 12 month period from joining the scheme, i.e. on a rolling basis. However a colleague said they thought it was only at each anniversary of joining the flat rate scheme that you look back over the past 12 months.
Which is correct?
Thank you in advance for your help.
- Cocaine anyone? 75 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,454 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 795 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 420 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 237 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 306 11
- Tax return software for remote working 460 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 497 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 415 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 440 9
- How to purchase business premises? 142 2
- Will I need to resign? 805 10
- Childcare vouchers 156 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 271 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 295 6
- VAT avoidance? 218 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 182 3
- PAYE coding out 178 3
- Follower cases 573 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 452 2
- Hive up 468
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 436
- corporate hierarchy 415
- Advice - 243
- Amortisation of Goodwill 214
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 202
- WWOOFers 197
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 178
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 175
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 172