VAT flat rate scheme, when to leave the scheme?
I just wanted to double check my understanding of when a company should leave the flat rate scheme. I understand that it is when the turnover (including VAT) exceeds £230,000 in 12 months. My query is with regards to the period that counts as 12 months.
I believe that it was at any 12 month period from joining the scheme, i.e. on a rolling basis. However a colleague said they thought it was only at each anniversary of joining the flat rate scheme that you look back over the past 12 months.
Which is correct?
Thank you in advance for your help.
- Are HMRC getting it right? 72 1
- Comments on this scenario 128 3
- PPR election - what do you think? 224 7
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 137 3
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,645 67
- Penalties 113 1
- SAGE con 227 4
- rates of pay query 222 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 92 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 143 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 200 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 111 1
- Overpayment relief claim 157 5
- Charity reserves 131 3
- Have i messed up? 674 10
- Year end 366 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 231 3
- Related Parties Note 421 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 110 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 133 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,020
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 556
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 364
- Tax efficient holding company structure 290
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 277
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 215
- Charge out rates in London? 212
- Personal consumption by landlord 183
- Interest on Loan to a Company 174
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 151