VAT flat rate scheme, when to leave the scheme?
I just wanted to double check my understanding of when a company should leave the flat rate scheme. I understand that it is when the turnover (including VAT) exceeds £230,000 in 12 months. My query is with regards to the period that counts as 12 months.
I believe that it was at any 12 month period from joining the scheme, i.e. on a rolling basis. However a colleague said they thought it was only at each anniversary of joining the flat rate scheme that you look back over the past 12 months.
Which is correct?
Thank you in advance for your help.
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 32 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,243 19
- Scanners 158 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 58 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 135 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 225 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 397 9
- Payment plans for clients 90 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 220 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 217 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 389 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 434 9
- P60 or payslips? 80 1
- Property income in different capacities 95 1
- IHT dilemma 1,381 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 185 1
- IT advisory questions? 169 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 792 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 127 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 523 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,156
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 795
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 484
- Digita Hosted Software 319
- Credit where credit's due....... 269
- Director phone costs 229
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 225
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 192
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 150
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 133