VAT flat rate scheme, when to leave the scheme?
I just wanted to double check my understanding of when a company should leave the flat rate scheme. I understand that it is when the turnover (including VAT) exceeds £230,000 in 12 months. My query is with regards to the period that counts as 12 months.
I believe that it was at any 12 month period from joining the scheme, i.e. on a rolling basis. However a colleague said they thought it was only at each anniversary of joining the flat rate scheme that you look back over the past 12 months.
Which is correct?
Thank you in advance for your help.
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 316 3
- Charge for tax returns 614 11
- Real time 240 3
- Company Number 10000000 1,063 14
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 396 14
- Reimbursing director travel costs 184 1
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,866 42
- When to top-up pensions? 265 3
- Coming off flat rate VAT 214 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 208 6
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 753 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 826 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 505 10
- Withdrawal of a quote 536 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 275 3
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 267 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 640 15
- Support / ticketing software 349 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 367 3
- Imported goods and VAT 181 1
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 475
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 291
- DTA tie-breaker issue 282
- CGT for NOn UK residents 246
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 222
- Apprenticeship Levy 221
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 214
- Just checking re PSA 199
- Capital Gains personal representatives 198
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 197