VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,761 26
- Value pricing 228 9
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,559 12
- Audit Required 105 3
- company secretarial software 141 2
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 147 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 63 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 187 1
- Rental Income 301 6
- Payroll 2012/13 105 1
- I have a pain 695 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 83 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 174 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 734 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 122 3
- Cash flow 147 2
- New use of home - simplified method 250 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 268 5
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 398 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,955 32
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 732
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 500
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 345
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 342
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 263
- VAT on Gaming Machines 211
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 199
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 187
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 177
- Director Loan account operation 150