VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- rental property, pre letting costs 114 1
- Looking to move my email from PC to cloud 108 5
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 736 13
- letter of reference 176 3
- Software for Accounts layout 364 7
- Non-resident company director 80 1
- Can this be done? 174 1
- Staff 87 2
- are we that stupid 926 20
- Capital Allowance & AIA 103 1
- Foster Care 109 1
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 345 5
- Flexible report structure in cloud accounting 95 1
- Self Assessment penalties again 298 3
- Flat Management Company 207 1
- Share structure questions - close company 187 2
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 176 4
- Income prior to company formation 341 9
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 341 5
- Forbes Computer Systems - Practice Management (CRM) 137 1
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 330
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 287
- French ConnectionUK 267
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 250
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 217
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 217
- CentreCRM - anybody using it? 159
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 152
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 152
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 148