VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- FRS percentage 33 1
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 170 5
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 287 9
- Anybody taken part in the Growth Voucher Scheme? 61 1
- Gross Profit Percentage 491 11
- Companies House 413 8
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 965 23
- can a balancing allowance be claimed if 121 4
- Benefit fraud 3,138 42
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 216 2
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 96 4
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 1,023 16
- Tax return to date of death/R27 131 2
- Preparing a consolidated TB 286 7
- does a hybrid car with CO2 92g/km bought April 2014 476 5
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 248 8
- Medical benefit on low paid wife of director? 142 5
- Date of acquisition for capital allowances 133 1
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 240 6
- Self employment trap - pension 451 5
- CTA study material 616
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 381
- Employment related securities question 235
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 204
- ATED Penalties 202
- AIM Stocks and IHT 181
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 143
- Expat pension contributions? 136
- Trust for Employee 132
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 124