VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- flat rate scheme 2,432 51
- Importing transactions from VT Cashbook to VT Transaction+ 46 1
- Family Partnership 345 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,261 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 88 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 201 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 250 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 332 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 112 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 339 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 222 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 208 6
- Business trips - director and family 439 3
- Signed accounts for bank 693 15
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 339 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 245 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 125 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 887 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 241 5
- VAT Query on new build 147 1