VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 197 3
- FreeAgent question 86 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 107 2
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 81 1
- CIS monthly returns 163 2
- Goodie bag 1,540 52
- Husband Wife let property 346 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 494 12
- Output tax for retailer 311 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 273 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 128 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 124 1
- CT600 Advice 117 1
- Fair Value Accounting 74 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 129 4
- can I approach clients ? 394 8
- Companies House Penalties 124 2
- Apostille documents 111 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 541 13
- AE - employees making different contributions 78 1
- Possible Partnership? 640
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 517
- New Fangled Penalties 445
- Fuming! 379
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 316
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 254
- Outsource Data Entry 239
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 235
- Moving away from CCH software 227
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 174