VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 492 5
- See you all on the other side 626 6
- 12Pay 351 2
- dividends 482 2
- R&D 271 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,134 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 412 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 350 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 298 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 510 5
- Seeking a tax case 583 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 442 4
- Companies house strike off 429 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 342 2
- Moving to the cloud 708 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 204 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 861 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 190 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,072 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 458 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 544
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 411
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 361
- IRIS and FRS 102 342
- Capitalising Finance Lease 308
- USA help 305
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 279
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 273
- Capital gains on rental property 251
- Sage Coretime 228