VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 257 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,736 39
- Accounting for corporation tax 270 8
- Sole trader registering for the first time 340 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,009 18
- Creative Auto Enrolment 583 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 880 15
- Can an owner hold company money 335 6
- Account and Taxable Profit 331 17
- Class 2 NIC 304 5
- Probate services 430 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 404 7
- Vat payable on van 191 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,842 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 247 7
- Community Faux Pas 936 26
- Cash gift from India 164 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,320 40
- Windows10 217 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 630 24