VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 318 10
- HMRC Post 495 6
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 268 9
- Non VAT invoices 178 4
- Time to ditch Sage? 198 2
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 176 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,380 32
- Fees 213 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 248 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 212 2
- Form 17 Download 138 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 547 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 377 4
- HMRC Information notice 989 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 274 3
- Accountant Specialization. 385 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,763 42
- Sage Line 50 176 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 198 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 465 6
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 759
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 364
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 207
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 184
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178