VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 48 2
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 130 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 949 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 256 4
- Overlap relief 608 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 122 3
- Ex-gratia payments 156 4
- Employment status 105 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 502 5
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 1,744 21
- Bumper Holiday Pay 147 2
- HMRC Email 209 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 245 12
- Government Gateway 1,068 17
- Intercompany advice 75 1
- Independent Review of a Company Limited by Guarantee 157 6
- How to pay national insurance 419 12
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,781 19
- New Website Look 548 14
- CGT on compulsory purchase cpmpensation re lease 113 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 473
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 364
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 360
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 333
- Perkbox 298
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 285
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 260
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 255
- Document Management Systems 235
- WIP Software 220