VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- Employment Allowance 12 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 209 7
- Capital introduction 117 2
- Accountex flash mob 158 4
- Property sale split between years 217 8
- Group structure - transfer of shares 28 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,026 27
- Direct payment schene 78 3
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,146 37
- Classes 2 and 4 NI for sole trader also employed 121 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,198 35
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 266 8
- CIS Deductions 284 8
- sole trader to ltd company 167 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 329 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 278 7
- Dual taxation - usa 191 2
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 130 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 291 10
- Inheritance Tax Advice 151 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 642
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- RTI - duplicate employee record 327
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 325
- Using the correct forms 300
- SA penalty proposals 298
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 191