VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- Flat Conversion Allowance 55 1
- Practice management 141 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 211 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 82 1
- IHT and cash gifts 57 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 134 7
- Clothing 158 4
- VAT registration transfer 149 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 576 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 86 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 100 2
- Director drawings 395 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 323 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 95 1
- HMRC SA302s 204 3
- What does the "K" signify 433 7
- Director or self-employed 152 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 127 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 142 3
- What sectors to target? 204 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 905
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 610
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 577
- Latest phishing scam 531
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 378
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 343
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 281
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 199
- Capital allowances in first basis period 188
- Sabbatical payments 175