VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- VAT online filing exemptions 52 1
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,668 27
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 273 6
- Child tax credits 194 4
- transitioning payroll 95 2
- Deduction from Salary 116 4
- Car leasing scheme 211 1
- One off meeting new client 1,354 12
- 12 Pay Problems 157 2
- PITA client 542 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 457 11
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 592 15
- Right to waive dividend 121 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 121 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,434 34
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,743 29
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 137 2
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 347 9
- R&D tax credit claim 297 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 675 10
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 615
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 298
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 272
- Probiz 261
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 212
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 196
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 162