VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- Offshore insurance bonds 63 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,614 46
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 184 6
- Property scam victim 276 4
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 187 5
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 207 6
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 488 12
- Aggressive HMRC 1,787 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 148 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 116 2
- Partnership returns software 63 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 260 2
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 51 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 82 1
- company loss, Can he start again?? 140 4
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 128 5
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 244 1
- VAT chargeable or not? 237 4
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 428 8
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 101 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,077
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 570
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 381
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 285
- Charge out rates in London? 232
- Interest on Loan to a Company 184
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 170
- Agent fees to sell business 159
- Alphabet shares 153
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 149