VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 190 2
- Can I claim mileage? 149 2
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 83 4
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 170 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 148 1
- Ir35 test 47 1
- payroll software 186 2
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 134 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 874 19
- Dividend in specie 259 8
- Partnership Tax Return Deadline 83 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 191 9
- client threatening legal action 1,852 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 710 8
- Partially exempt? 258 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 101 1
- First VAT Visit for client 284 4
- Lorry Drivers 163 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 173 1
- Mexican student in UK 130 2
- Skandia using wrong address 494
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 281
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 276
- Employee rewards 260
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 234
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 226
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 223
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 175
- LLP in Construction Industry 127