VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- ACCA - still making me laugh 379 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 217 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 280 11
- Tax return software for remote working 426 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 441 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 767 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 386 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 427 9
- How to purchase business premises? 109 2
- Will I need to resign? 773 10
- Childcare vouchers 117 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 260 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 286 6
- VAT avoidance? 196 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 168 3
- PAYE coding out 156 3
- Follower cases 567 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 447 2
- Late Registration for VAT 446 12
- TheTax Donut 1,138 1
- Hive up 464
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 430
- corporate hierarchy 412
- Advice - 239
- Amortisation of Goodwill 209
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 195
- WWOOFers 190
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 170
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 170
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 166