VAT on labour for self employed
I have been advising a self employed friend on whether or not to register for VAT .
This would be a voluntary registration as he is currently below the threshold .
His prime business is Hedge cutting , usually around farmers fields but this also includes other
general farming work , for example , sowing and harvesting .
The work can involve using his own tractor but sometimes not .
My question is , if he did register for VAT , and the fact that most of the invoice would be "labour time" ,
would the labour element be chargeable for VAT ?
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 249 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 192 4
- SA302 283 6
- Go Cardless 334 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 227 3
- Hmrc software 230 3
- Mehjoo 270 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 116 1
- Hosted email exchange 174 5
- South African Government Pension 182 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 169 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 292 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 310 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 246 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 150 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 289 7
- New Email Extensions 206 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 322 2
- Dental practice incorpration 161 1
- Audit rules 186 4
- Xtuple 512
- Qtac payroll for bureau 351
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 295
- Industrial & Provident Societies 286
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 183
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 180
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 164
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 147