VAT Mobile phone top up vouchers
Following the ECJ decision of Lebara Ltd, HMRC have acted quickly to amend the way VAT is accounted for on Single Purpose Vouchers, it would seem as almost a given that mobile phone top up vouchers should be considered as single purpose vouchers as the Lebara case was based totally upon this assumption .
I am however yet to see a mobile top up voucher that invoices for VAT, recent VAT receipts from the Vodafone and O2 stores still shows zero rated in the VAT column.
I have concluded either;
Lebara vouchers were considered single purpose vouchers because services such as premium rate calls and SMS are barred, this means the credit can only be used for calls and SMS not for the purchase of games and ringtones. With Vodafone vouchers in addition to calls and SMS the credit can be used for the purchased of games and ringtones albeit though the process of call or SMS (premium rate).
Revenue & Customs Brief 12/12 1.2 allowed for businesses to make intimidate changes or continue as is and make an adjustment to cover the intervening period. It could be the Vodafone has decided to make this adjustment in the future.
I would be very interested if anyone has an opinion on the matter.
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 612 12
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 313 7
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 92 1
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,121 11
- Strike off 408 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 115 2
- auto enrolment 274 1
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 298 6
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 321 3
- converting garage to use as office 175 1
- Private use of vans 146 1
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 664 6
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,144 92
- Directors pension 265 3
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 619 24
- Bookkeeping for voluntary organisations 131 1
- accounts software for a hotel 179 4
- Final CT Return - liquidating company 120 1
- charities 181 2
- Seeking advice: Penalty for 3-year Non-notified Self-Employed? 298 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 372
- Any thoughts on Capium? 322
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 290
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 266
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 251
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 223
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- French ConnectionUK 161
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 155