VAT Mobile phone top up vouchers
Following the ECJ decision of Lebara Ltd, HMRC have acted quickly to amend the way VAT is accounted for on Single Purpose Vouchers, it would seem as almost a given that mobile phone top up vouchers should be considered as single purpose vouchers as the Lebara case was based totally upon this assumption .
I am however yet to see a mobile top up voucher that invoices for VAT, recent VAT receipts from the Vodafone and O2 stores still shows zero rated in the VAT column.
I have concluded either;
Lebara vouchers were considered single purpose vouchers because services such as premium rate calls and SMS are barred, this means the credit can only be used for calls and SMS not for the purchase of games and ringtones. With Vodafone vouchers in addition to calls and SMS the credit can be used for the purchased of games and ringtones albeit though the process of call or SMS (premium rate).
Revenue & Customs Brief 12/12 1.2 allowed for businesses to make intimidate changes or continue as is and make an adjustment to cover the intervening period. It could be the Vodafone has decided to make this adjustment in the future.
I would be very interested if anyone has an opinion on the matter.
- Member meet up 1 October in London 336 8
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 194 7
- Identify cost savings 212 6
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 450 7
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 129 2
- Capital gains tax and PPR 103 1
- Jobs after completing ACCA 145 2
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 597 11
- are these allowable deductions? 140 1
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,665 20
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 575 12
- Option To Tax - VAT on residential sales? 90 1
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 144 3
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 420 7
- Schedule A losses 156 1
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 205 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 838 1
- Fees 801 8
- P11D & tax return 290 10
- Freelance/Employee 936 22
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 438
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 391
- Electric Car 334
- S222 Charge 270
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 241
- AIA 216
- IP trans to holding company 210
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 205
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 172
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 162