VAT on non-UK "place of supply"
We have a consultant working through a UK registered (and possibly VAT registered) Ltd Co, supplying services in NL to a Dutch management company.
According to the HMRC website since the "place of supply" is outside the UK, no UK VAT is due.
But should the invoice to the NL customer charge VAT, if so at what rate, and to whom should it be rendered as a return.
Also if the UK Ltd Co is flat-rate registered, should a NIL VAT return be made since no UK VAT supplies are being made, otherwise could be paying tax to HMRC that has not been received ... alternatively should the UK VAT registration (or flat rate election) be delayed to avoid such expensive complications.
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 243 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 450 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 532 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 138 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 283 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 102 2
- Limited company buying a car 125 3
- ACCA practice certificates 489 5
- Limited company buying director's car 284 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 68 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 80 1
- WC's and capital allowances 171 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 299 13
- Dress code 1,539 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 474 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 253 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 373 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 471 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 177 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 104 3
- CTA study material 765
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 476
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 394
- Employment related securities question 307
- AIM Stocks and IHT 279
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 257
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 233
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 170
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 147