VAT on non-UK "place of supply"
We have a consultant working through a UK registered (and possibly VAT registered) Ltd Co, supplying services in NL to a Dutch management company.
According to the HMRC website since the "place of supply" is outside the UK, no UK VAT is due.
But should the invoice to the NL customer charge VAT, if so at what rate, and to whom should it be rendered as a return.
Also if the UK Ltd Co is flat-rate registered, should a NIL VAT return be made since no UK VAT supplies are being made, otherwise could be paying tax to HMRC that has not been received ... alternatively should the UK VAT registration (or flat rate election) be delayed to avoid such expensive complications.
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,465 5
- How much does the company pay 79 2
- Help with CGT please 88 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 121 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 310 6
- Benefit in Kind 301 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 323 17
- Will I need to resign? 944 11
- Cocaine anyone? 670 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 259 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 161 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 205 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 181 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 852 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 551 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 724 13
- Personal pension 453 9
- Business rates consultancy 274 4
- Wrong tax code 193 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 116 2
- Hive up 518
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 478
- corporate hierarchy 456
- Advice - 300
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 249
- WWOOFers 245
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 224
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 200
- The booking.com con 188
- Cocaine anyone? 172