VAT on non-UK "place of supply"
We have a consultant working through a UK registered (and possibly VAT registered) Ltd Co, supplying services in NL to a Dutch management company.
According to the HMRC website since the "place of supply" is outside the UK, no UK VAT is due.
But should the invoice to the NL customer charge VAT, if so at what rate, and to whom should it be rendered as a return.
Also if the UK Ltd Co is flat-rate registered, should a NIL VAT return be made since no UK VAT supplies are being made, otherwise could be paying tax to HMRC that has not been received ... alternatively should the UK VAT registration (or flat rate election) be delayed to avoid such expensive complications.
- Cable’s crackdown on bonuses – empty words? 26 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,162 11
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 61 1
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 103 2
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 141 4
- LLP members share of profits 447 26
- Help car benefit 144 4
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 126 2
- VAT Option to tax 290 3
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 98 2
- Current tax asset 197 3
- Partnership tax rules 90 2
- Accountancy software for an imac 223 5
- Audit Required 1,064 21
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 372 1
- Total cost of employment 192 1
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 450 15
- Selling assets to yourself ? 86 1
- UIT4 REVENUE REC FRSSE 74 1
- Director's remuneration accrual 95 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 887
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 620
- Free Tax Legislation? 375
- Director Loan account operation 371
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 321
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 305
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 292
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 274
- Paye procedures for CVA 208
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 192