VAT on non-UK "place of supply"
We have a consultant working through a UK registered (and possibly VAT registered) Ltd Co, supplying services in NL to a Dutch management company.
According to the HMRC website since the "place of supply" is outside the UK, no UK VAT is due.
But should the invoice to the NL customer charge VAT, if so at what rate, and to whom should it be rendered as a return.
Also if the UK Ltd Co is flat-rate registered, should a NIL VAT return be made since no UK VAT supplies are being made, otherwise could be paying tax to HMRC that has not been received ... alternatively should the UK VAT registration (or flat rate election) be delayed to avoid such expensive complications.
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 40 1
- Coming in from the cold 323 3
- Splitting the tax year 154 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 189 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 166 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 147 2
- Submitting tax return 127 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 221 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 258 8
- Director's tax return 333 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 122 1
- Sage Payroll 316 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 208 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,071 33
- vat return 262 3
- Flat rate vat 161 1
- Value pricing 733 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 167 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 243 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 295 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 304
- Free Tax Legislation? 274
- Director Loan account operation 255
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 252
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 169