VAT on non-UK "place of supply"
We have a consultant working through a UK registered (and possibly VAT registered) Ltd Co, supplying services in NL to a Dutch management company.
According to the HMRC website since the "place of supply" is outside the UK, no UK VAT is due.
But should the invoice to the NL customer charge VAT, if so at what rate, and to whom should it be rendered as a return.
Also if the UK Ltd Co is flat-rate registered, should a NIL VAT return be made since no UK VAT supplies are being made, otherwise could be paying tax to HMRC that has not been received ... alternatively should the UK VAT registration (or flat rate election) be delayed to avoid such expensive complications.
- One off meeting new client 1,605 15
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 182 3
- inheritance tax 287 10
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 489 4
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 160 3
- NALS Accountants Report 324 5
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,215 44
- Farm barn lettings 204 4
- Group Audit Thresholds 319 9
- Are Locum Optician Travel Costs Allowable? 279 4
- Deduction from Salary 587 14
- Legal title not in the company name 703 21
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 178 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 284 7
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 147 2
- Sole properietor 395 7
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,519 12
- Pay in Lieu of notice 268 6
- Doctor and Locum Work 225 3
- Capital payments offshore trust 84 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 637
- Cancelled 389
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 352
- Cancelled 332
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 303
- Probiz 296
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 271
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 253
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 219
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 196