VAT on non-UK "place of supply"
We have a consultant working through a UK registered (and possibly VAT registered) Ltd Co, supplying services in NL to a Dutch management company.
According to the HMRC website since the "place of supply" is outside the UK, no UK VAT is due.
But should the invoice to the NL customer charge VAT, if so at what rate, and to whom should it be rendered as a return.
Also if the UK Ltd Co is flat-rate registered, should a NIL VAT return be made since no UK VAT supplies are being made, otherwise could be paying tax to HMRC that has not been received ... alternatively should the UK VAT registration (or flat rate election) be delayed to avoid such expensive complications.
- Charities and VAT 68 6
- VAT Margin Schemes 104 2
- White van man 964 29
- Company dividends 783 29
- VAT on Vocational Training Courses supplied to a Charity Org? 146 2
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 438 14
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 735 27
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 92 4
- how much to charge 172 5
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 810 22
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,384 51
- Virus Alert - VERY realistic aimed at acountants 295 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 223 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 84 3
- How to value a business asset? 202 5
- FHL Expenses 79 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 93 2
- Do I pay VAT back to employer for my training?? 216 5
- FYAs on second-hand vans 141 5
- Anybody received an Employer Payment Booklet for 2015-2016? 147 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 896
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 591
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 562
- Latest phishing scam 508
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 365
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 335
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 268
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 189
- Capital allowances in first basis period 169
- Sabbatical payments 167