VAT-qualifying (and none-qualifying) cars
I am looking to purchase 2 new company cars, and intend to purchase low mileage second hand, probably through a main dealer.
I have received a quotation for 2 cars from my dealer, and he describes one as VAT-qualifying, and the other as non-VAT-qualifying.
The future drivers of these proposed purchases will both use their vehicle partly for private use, and as such, I know (think!) I cannot recover the purchase VAT (though I can keep all the proceeds when I come to sell the vehicle in a few years time).
However, please can folk confirm if there is any way I need to differentiate between the way I account for the purchase (and indeed the subsequent disposal) of these 2 vehicles, given their different VAT status?
And (though this will be implicit in the answer to the above), does it make any difference to my interpretation of the gross cost quoted for a 2nd hand vehicle, depending on if it is described as VAT-qualifying or non-VAT-qualifying (given that it will always see private use in the future)?
Thanks for your help.
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 182 3
- Pension contributions limits 155 7
- Inheritance tax 112 7
- Renting property to yourself 78 2
- Interim 2013 Tax Returns submitted as NIL 197 4
- RTI Student Loan Reconciliation 94 3
- Car leasing 293 13
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 55 3
- PPR election - what do you think? 119 5
- Which software for practice books? 240 3
- Salary sacrifice made now employee wants to cancel. Aggh. 314 4
- 64-8 261 10
- Write off of former director's loan 117 3
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 281 9
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 329 17
- How Feasable Is It To Set Up An Accounting Practice From Scratch? 329 6
- Quickbooks or Xero or Kashflow? 223 3
- VAT on rent refund under a Court Order? 177 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,740 20
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 71 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 605
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 476
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 443
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 274
- How to format a stock book 218
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 188
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 177
- Tax efficient holding company structure 163
- Investment property company accounts template 157
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 148