Have just taken on a new Ltd company client. Not Vat registered. Provides consultancy services and have issued only two invoices. A £300k invoice to a business client in Spain last year and a £100k invoice to another client in Spain this year. He was advised at the time no vat registration is applicable and accordingly no vat has been charged.
Vat is not my area of speciality and with the relatively large amounts involved I need to double check all is o.K. I think I am correct in that this is outside the scope of vat as the place of supply is in Spain and is a B2B supplies. Am I correct in that the only issue is that the client needs to ensure that this is a genuine B2B supply (Per notice Vat 741A- place of supply of services point 2.7) and obtain the formal evidence for this?
Does he need to register in Spain and account for Vat.?
Thanks in advance
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 501 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 118 3
- Personal Tax 716 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 122 2
- Stumped - IHT 94 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 400 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 465 11
- Tips on meals 132 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,277 33
- Credit management tools 110 1
- property capital gains 112 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 768 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 373 7
- CGT and primary residence 153 1
- Marriage Allowance 250 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,142 12
- S455 and February year ends 308 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 881 18
- Closing down loss-making company 444 5
- S.455 Tax again 285 3