Have just taken on a new Ltd company client. Not Vat registered. Provides consultancy services and have issued only two invoices. A £300k invoice to a business client in Spain last year and a £100k invoice to another client in Spain this year. He was advised at the time no vat registration is applicable and accordingly no vat has been charged.
Vat is not my area of speciality and with the relatively large amounts involved I need to double check all is o.K. I think I am correct in that this is outside the scope of vat as the place of supply is in Spain and is a B2B supplies. Am I correct in that the only issue is that the client needs to ensure that this is a genuine B2B supply (Per notice Vat 741A- place of supply of services point 2.7) and obtain the formal evidence for this?
Does he need to register in Spain and account for Vat.?
Thanks in advance
- Family Partnership 186 4
- Signed accounts for bank 582 12
- NOVA declaration 76 1
- P11D Car Value 208 5
- Business valuation advice 688 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,443 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,206 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 230 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,080 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 120 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 366 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 106 3
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 764 11
- flat rate scheme 2,250 41
- HMRC Postal Delays 411 10
- Legal advisor recommendation please 304 5
- Closure of PAYE scheme 214 2
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 201 2
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 209 3
- Termination Payment 531 15