I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 978 29
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 55 1
- Project being run jointly 186 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 297 4
- Companies House 586 9
- Dress code 358 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 118 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 317 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 721 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,424 25
- What would you do in this situation? 601 13
- Help Required 384 10
- directors control and tax problems 249 5
- Fastest Software 796 13
- What's in a name ? 357 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 277 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 462 15
- Bulk Invoicing 186 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 171 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 255 2
- CTA study material 712
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 434
- Employment related securities question 273
- AIM Stocks and IHT 251
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 207
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 203
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 201
- Expat pension contributions? 194
- Trust for Employee 192
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 164