I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- Would this save hours of your time? 127 2
- Career Advice 108 1
- Wrong career 142 6
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 171 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 545 4
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,869 28
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 195 5
- Newsletter 242 5
- RTI Filing 1,762 22
- Fee's for P11D's 311 5
- Agent with HMRC 242 10
- Quarterly PAYE 247 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 65 1
- reporting salary? 183 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 330 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 274 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 109 3
- Value pricing 593 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 392 1
- Childcare Vouchers 178 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 772
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 527
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 394
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 279
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 220
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 218
- Director Loan account operation 210
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 206
- Free Tax Legislation? 194
- vat return 175