I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- Late leaver notification 308 6
- How to handle accidental overpayment into SIPP 103 1
- CGT on transfer of shares to Holding company 76 2
- How does one compete? 368 7
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 862 15
- Self explanatory? I hope so! 132 1
- Should small companies be audited? 1,075 44
- semi retirement 251 4
- ATT Exam Question 228 6
- FPS responses ... 153 4
- shareholder remuneration 246 9
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 317 3
- Where has Portia gone? 9,070 144
- proposed dividends 332 16
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 1,482 28
- Dividend and pension with no salary 434 4
- NICs and director salary if receiving pension 113 1
- Vat on solicitors charges 340 7
- What does PITA mean? 718 17
- VATable supplies 150 3
- Sanzar 472
- Digital marketing focus group 389
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 363
- Continuity Agreement 308
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 298
- Sainsbury's mangement 296
- Avanti Accounts 292
- Buyback 276
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 219
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 191