I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- Tax and children 125 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 548 8
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 382 16
- Advice needed. 436 10
- UK Accountancy Franchise 159 2
- Directors obligation to notify 85 1
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 254 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 132 1
- Starting new accounting business 328 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 155 4
- error on companies house accounts 755 18
- RTI penalties 129 1
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 168 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 319 5
- US Sales Tax 114 1
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 202 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 173 1
- Group Relief 139 4
- R&D Credits 107 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 273 7
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 483
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 446
- EPS and CIS deductions 303
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 292
- Construction CIS LLP Company 285
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 250
- SAGE winforecast 205
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 188
- Overdrawn director account 175