I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- Disbursement of recharge 385 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 29 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 307 9
- Mortgage Reference 906 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 310 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 113 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 168 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 147 1
- RTI offline? 620 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 175 1
- CIS and Xero 279 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 270 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 190 2
- property capital gains 413 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 164 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 951 9
- Tips on meals 573 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,355 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 249 3