I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,244 32
- Married woman dies owning marital home 451 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,430 28
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,255 25
- Dividend dates 433 7
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 180 5
- Not a good start no broadband 453 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 130 2
- is this fraud? 705 12
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 698 14
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 196 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 68 1
- Intrastat triangulation 63 1
- CGT 147 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 186 4
- Question regarding gym training 376 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 168 3
- CIS Deductions 234 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 422 8
- Property initial recognition 166 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 585
- Cancelled 343
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 330
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 250
- Probiz 234
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 174
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 173
- Car leasing scheme 165
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 150