I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,077 33
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 489 31
- Is it just me 244 7
- LLP classification of division of profit 181 7
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 85 2
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 485 9
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 217 4
- Management Buy Out - shares exchanged 317 22
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 104 5
- Is an IPDI passed to wife on death exempt from IHT 91 1
- Excessive Security 765 32
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 473 9
- Does practical cloud s/w for high transaction volumes exist? 504 24
- Reduce Rate VAT as a developer 120 2
- Fee protection 325 10
- Go Cardless 112 3
- EIS deferral relief 41 1
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,269 41
- Bringing money to Uk 111 1
- VAT Inspection 112 2
- Xtuple 485
- Qtac payroll for bureau 326
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 271
- Industrial & Provident Societies 264
- Mehjoo 208
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 208
- New strategic report 162
- Domain name sale and limited company 146
- South African Government Pension 143
- CIS schemes 139