I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- Shutting down a company with creditors 822 10
- business card address 52 3
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 76 5
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 210 9
- Expenses of overseas employment 76 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 6,892 256
- Tax implications for client leaving share incentive plan 66 2
- Standard 'email' template system 727 11
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 144 2
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 118 5
- VAT Romania - how to register 191 4
- Donations (to a school!) 176 5
- Repairs after a rental business ends 196 6
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 484 10
- Beaters and allowable exenses 151 2
- Family loan 275 7
- FL Memo - Any Good 485 8
- 50% Shareholder & Director stealing money from the business 337 8
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 243 4
- Looking for subcontract work! 295 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,093
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 358
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 296
- National Insurance 259
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 231
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 231
- Payments on account coded out?? 218
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 215
- Non Resident 177
- Franchise income and costs 169