I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 110 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,246 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 380 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,445 18
- Vat 236 4
- CT/CIS offset 96 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 151 4
- Trade name 152 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 126 1
- New business - journal entries 299 20
- B2B vat in the EU 99 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 307 18
- Why should I retain membership? 2,648 45
- VAT on deposits 201 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 122 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 398 12
- option to tax 202 1
- Share of profits from building society 93 1
- sage vat journal 83 1
- Coding Notice 112 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 775
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 704
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 382
- Social investment tax relief 201
- Digita Hosted Software 195
- Call Centre Data Costs 190
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 154
- Travel costs and contractors 147
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 138
- Certificates of tax deposit 132