I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- Self-assessment statistics 2,472 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 216 5
- Transmission of ISA 49 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 183 2
- Next Move 715 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 180 2
- Not renewing AAT 676 9
- CGT of shares gifted 383 6
- New dividend taxation 498 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,798 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 157 1
- Company car v company allowance 285 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 437 9
- Company formation and bank account 436 9
- Owning overseas property 347 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 291 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 278 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 711 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 733 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 283 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 667
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 399
- 2015 tax year end 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 395
- FCA regulated company in a small group 347
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 320
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 241
- DTA tie-breaker issue 211
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 208