I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- Stand alone practice management software 1,180 20
- Submit P11D for 2014 2015 with no Paye Scheme in place 150 3
- Cloud backups – know what you are getting … 348 6
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 720 18
- Latest repayment email =interesting paragraph 356 2
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 172 3
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 240 5
- SA1 forms 293 11
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,006 25
- ACCOUNTING FOR VAT ON EU DISPATCHES AND EXPORTS 130 2
- Loan to employee's company 111 1
- Can you divide and conquer? 260 2
- Recommendation for consolidation software? 508 9
- CG on Spanish property disposal 190 6
- Do I need to see receipts ? 516 7
- VAT charged on non-VAT Invoice 219 4
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 426 10
- Redundancy Pay 227 3
- BTC v TaxCalc 374 9
- Contribution to use of home 127 1
- Sainsbury's mangement 804
- Avanti Accounts 669
- Have I done the right thing? 626
- Continuity Agreement 622
- Calling franchise accountants 622
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 480
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 353
- Scammers 306
- Advice please! 219
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 197