I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,741 18
- Personal pension 174 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 59 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 264 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 210 6
- Late Registration for VAT 91 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 979 25
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 949 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,132 12
- property development 257 8
- Registering a company late 161 5
- Goodwill complications 55 1
- Business rates consultancy 98 2
- sale of house 627 18
- Corporation tax penalty 1,504 9
- Part Disposal of Freehold 323 13
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,808 15
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 358 6
- Are HMRC staff on early 372 5
- Backdated VAT registration claim 132 2
- TheTax Donut 992
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 655
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 611
- Follower cases 473
- Limited company purchase of property 398
- Hive up 394
- corporate hierarchy 372
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 368
- LIVE chat, starting now 301
- AIA or IFA 200