I have a client, whom is a self-employed sales agent for a Canadian corporation.
He is responsible for UK, Rest of Europe and Africa, and so will visit customers and potential customers in these areas on behalf of the corporation. So in any month, he could be spending at least two weeks out of the country in Spain, France, Morocco or wherever.
His income is essentially a monthly fee plus disbursements, which to what I have seen is basically a monthly fee, same every month and an expense account. Apart from the obvious concerns about his employment status.
He is VAT registered (as his monthly fee on an annual basis will exceed the turnover threshold alone) and my question is the status of his fee billed to the Canadian company for VAT purposes? Standard rated?
Many thanks for any help....I really do have a dislike of VAT!
- Tick & Bash Bristol 337 6
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 236 12
- Client Death 212 2
- Coding notices post P11d 1,846 12
- Tax position re this lease? 190 3
- Fixed Assets 286 5
- Normal trading company or property management company for CT600? 141 1
- What are options for non CA firm 1,687 26
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 575 24
- Real names 1,177 35
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 89 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 157 2
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 263 8
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 190 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,944 35
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 224 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,391 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 719 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 254 7
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 156 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 585
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 456
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 355
- IFA incorporation 340
- Sorry ignore me 328
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 282
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 277
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 265
- Cancelled 209
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 179