My client is a one man limited company. Currently not VAT registered. He has just signed a 6 month contract in Hungary for consultancy services and has asked me to register the company for VAT.
During this time there wil be no UK sales as far as I am aware.
He will be working in Hungary during this time. My gut feeling is that he has no UK supplies and therefore can't register in the UK, but should probably be registering in Hungary (where, from a quick web check, I believe the registration threshold is c £28k).
I would welcome any comments from those with superior knowledge on the matter!
- Windows10 225 5
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,849 43
- Probate services 437 10
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 100 1
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 271 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,750 39
- Accounting for corporation tax 295 8
- Sole trader registering for the first time 347 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,012 18
- Creative Auto Enrolment 589 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 888 15
- Can an owner hold company money 342 6
- Account and Taxable Profit 339 17
- Class 2 NIC 311 5
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 411 7
- Vat payable on van 198 1
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 247 7
- Community Faux Pas 938 26
- Cash gift from India 175 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,322 40