My client is a one man limited company. Currently not VAT registered. He has just signed a 6 month contract in Hungary for consultancy services and has asked me to register the company for VAT.
During this time there wil be no UK sales as far as I am aware.
He will be working in Hungary during this time. My gut feeling is that he has no UK supplies and therefore can't register in the UK, but should probably be registering in Hungary (where, from a quick web check, I believe the registration threshold is c £28k).
I would welcome any comments from those with superior knowledge on the matter!
- P11d query 268 5
- Rental expenses 50 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 132 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 343 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 84 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 336 4
- No more tax returns... 1,540 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 420 6
- Signed accounts for bank 284 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 476 10
- Landing clients 420 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,153 22
- Termination Payment 206 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 213 3
- CRM / marketing 109 2
- Allocation of income from property 757 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,885 28
- Opening a Quick books file 138 1
- 64-8 problems 522 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 350 10