vat registration for overseas director | AccountingWEB

vat registration for overseas director

I have a business colleague who lives in USA and owns several businesses there. He is now exporting to uk and has formed a uk registered ltd co. He will then be selling through that to people in the UK. When I called the vat helpline i got contradictory advice. I do not want to be jointly liable for his vat as an agent. I was told he would need a uk trading address. We are his reg office. His warehouse has an address but will not have any staff there working in the office. Can we use our address as that is where his paperwork is going.

There are 2 comments. Login or register to view them.

Overseas Trader

Malcolm McFarlin |
Malcolm McFarlin's picture


David Franks |