VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- Warning - Spam "from" ICAEW 520 4
- VAT registration 51 3
- Goodie bag 588 21
- Career in Practice 250 6
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 65 3
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 303 4
- Husband Wife let property 221 6
- Budget 2015 predictions 330 7
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 309 7
- Freehold Property Depreciation 391 16
- How do I save face? 352 7
- Employee invoicing employer 70 1
- brightpay? 121 1
- Director unable to work through illness 133 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 233 6
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 377 8
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 140 2
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 281 1
- Claiming VAT without invoice 412 5
- Directors loan - no longer a director 398 5
- Possible Partnership? 616
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 504
- New Fangled Penalties 420
- Clubs and Taxable Income 341
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 308
- Loans to other companies 251
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 236
- Fuming! 224
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 223
- Outsource Data Entry 218