VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- Spanish Tax Return 90 4
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 433 6
- Invoicing clients System? 278 6
- VAT on land sale 197 7
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 198 5
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 403 11
- MAAT vs ACCA 2,083 39
- Director self assessment 243 15
- Directors and unemployment benefit 193 10
- Which address 187 8
- Sale of overseas home on return to UK 98 2
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 450 6
- Supply to Irish State Body 241 3
- Have I made a mistake... 572 4
- Wear & Tear Allowances 352 8
- Tax relief for Director incurring business expenses on his credit card 255 3
- How to tell HMRC Limited Co. is active 302 6
- What should the partnership dissolution look like, and what is accounting treatment for goodwill? 87 3
- That old chestnut 494 8
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 256 5
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 409
- CTA study material 365
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 274
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 253
- new capital structure ltd with investors 207
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 204
- Pre incorp expenses 202
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 185
- Slight twist on employment related securities 174
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 159