VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- How to complain about HMRC 1,072 13
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 158 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 948 12
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 380 8
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 775 10
- carry back of gift aid 93 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 110 3
- Dress code 1,276 29
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 369 4
- Scottish Independance 507 14
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 375 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 706 19
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 334 8
- NOMINAL CODES 334 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 188 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 729 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 287 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 238 4
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 432 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 128 1
- CTA study material 747
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 463
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 345
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 240
- Trust for Employee 227
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 135