VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- Management Buy Out - shares exchanged 332 23
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,156 36
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 120 4
- Faxpay in the 21st century 73 4
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 589 38
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 265 7
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 487 9
- Accounting for investment club gains 62 1
- Associations tax regime for Saturday school 686 7
- Income tax exemption on woodlands 166 5
- Is it just me 300 7
- LLP classification of division of profit 186 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 497 9
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 132 5
- Is an IPDI passed to wife on death exempt from IHT 99 1
- Excessive Security 781 32
- Does practical cloud s/w for high transaction volumes exist? 507 24
- Reduce Rate VAT as a developer 125 2
- Fee protection 334 10
- Go Cardless 133 3
- Xtuple 485
- Qtac payroll for bureau 326
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 271
- Industrial & Provident Societies 266
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 210
- Mehjoo 209
- New strategic report 163
- Domain name sale and limited company 146
- South African Government Pension 144
- CIS schemes 139