VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- Value pricing 420 14
- SA Return issued after P800 received 78 4
- More than one Employment Allowance ? 76 1
- Auto enrolment 246 4
- SDLT - transfer of land into newco 88 3
- Personal Service Company 48 1
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,144 25
- Sage Payroll 181 8
- Sale of shares and ER 56 2
- Laptop purchase 1,125 19
- VAT on Gaming Machines 238 1
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 109 3
- VAT 87 1
- Auto enrolment 329 5
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 120 4
- Fee's for P11D's 152 1
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,793 14
- Moneysoft - Car Benefits 158 2
- Share restructure 387 15
- RTI and bank holiday Friday 204 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 753
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 513
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 381
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 357
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 271
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 209
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 208
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 187
- Director Loan account operation 180
- vat return 154