VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 473 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 94 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,102 7
- Bereavment payment 77 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 271 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 342 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,292 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 145 2
- Companies House incorporation service 347 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 74 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 147 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 191 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 202 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 261 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 142 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 151 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 129 2
- Trading income or not? 195 1
- Charge HMRC 422 3
- Xtuple 548
- Qtac payroll for bureau 375
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 316
- Industrial & Provident Societies 313
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 291
- CIS schemes 221
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Investment 185
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 184
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178