VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- Giving a seminar 633 34
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 319 3
- Sole trader - bank statements 306 14
- Boffin of the Year 145 6
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 445 9
- PAYE versus Dividends 108 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 431 9
- equipment rental 65 1
- Flat Rate Scheme 366 16
- Non sequitur 156 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,190 63
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 571 11
- Employer pension contribution as part of redundancy package 123 3
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 262 9
- Am i Liable? 789 19
- Joint Filing Help 164 3
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 243 8
- audit for 50% associate? 88 2
- Contingent Asset Disclosure 105 5
- Write off of former director's loan 813 12
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,280
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 629
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 416
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 325
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 242
- Alphabet shares 214
- Agent fees to sell business 205
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 201
- Office recharges 161
- Tax position on lease extension 156