VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,076 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 115 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 595 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 103 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 99 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 156 1
- How to deal with prior year error 149 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 525 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,336 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,045 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 404 4
- Exemption from CGT 229 2
- VAT Registration 239 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 431 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 333 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 186 3
- Moneysoft error 435 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26