VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,695 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 84 1
- Accounts Software 147 5
- HMRC Agents Line 206 4
- calculation DTR restriction 87 1
- Company Director In Prison 457 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 79 1
- AWeb - download file 175 3
- Charity work 243 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 260 6
- Director Drawings 177 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 270 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 234 7
- Collection or business assets 116 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 273 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 732 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 108 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,675 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 93 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 679
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 521
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203