VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 324 9
- Best software for small practice? 344 12
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,180 19
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,239 12
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 149 3
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 136 4
- VAT and CT issues on splitting of business 282 6
- HMRC Statements 268 4
- Costly Accounting Software contract 438 2
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 239 3
- Company Number 10000000 624 5
- Goodwill on incorporation low level valuations 200 2
- Any update on 2016/17 employer NIC allowance and directors? 212 2
- Car benefit or not? 2,331 21
- Cloud-based email services? 581 11
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 479 6
- Class 1A NIC on motorbike fuel 160 5
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 685 10
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 442 7
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 547 12
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 757
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 449
- Directors' advances and credits 304
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 267
- DTA tie-breaker issue 260
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 241
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 219
- CGT for NOn UK residents 211
- Apprenticeship Levy 190
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 185