VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 137 4
- Sorry ignore me 831 23
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 250 6
- Invoice Help 159 4
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 123 1
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 272 6
- Employee overpaid who has left 162 3
- Peer to Peer lending 826 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 74 2
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 201 4
- Is this a scam? 489 6
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 274 6
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 241 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,230 17
- Childcare for clients 183 1
- One off meeting new client 555 9
- Employment allowance (again) :( 177 1
- illegal dividends 354 3
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 205 3
- VAT questions 315 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 619
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 527
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 381
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 290
- Cancelled 278
- Cancelled 241
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 184
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 184
- Probiz 165
- What's the market like for temps? 160