VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 591 11
- Deferred Tax 443 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 194 1
- You know its over 444 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 231 1
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,009 30
- Benefit in Kind 197 5
- Am I getting Soft?? 138 8
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 129 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 208 3
- Wrong tax code 87 4
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,258 14
- Cocaine anyone? 585 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 120 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 176 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 297 2
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 482 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,297 8
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 534 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 264 13
- Hive up 503
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 471
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 285
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 231
- WWOOFers 225
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 212
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 189
- The booking.com con 162
- UK State pension paid in NZ 160