VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- Cash basis 435 12
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 124 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 255 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 278 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 145 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 288 6
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 148 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,837 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 316 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 222 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 79 1
- Investor exit 186 3
- Partially exempt? 362 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 133 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 397 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,249 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 376 4
- Statutory sick pay 245 3
- Overseas bank interest 227 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 171 1
- Skandia using wrong address 559
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 303
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 300
- Employee rewards 283
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 237
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 221
- Etax Australian 181
- LLP in Construction Industry 146
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 127
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 125