VAT REgistration Query
Just come accross the following.
Potential client calls themselves a tour operator.
What they actually do is transport kids from Spain to the UK, provide accommodation (usually with a UK based familly) and then send them to a language school.
Turnover for last year to 31st March 2012 is £175k Cost of sales £85k Gross Profit £90K.
Sales invoices issued do not provide a breakdown of services provided just say something along the lines of ''English Language School serrvices for the Term''.
Confused by the vat situation should they be registed? Gross profit is above the threshold under the tour operators margin scheme - however they provide education?
Can anyone help?
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 109 5
- White van man 312 15
- Window Comb Binder Cover 281 5
- STUDENT LOAN 40 1
- Bookkeeping question 554 6
- wave software 209 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 328 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 188 3
- Backdate C79? 153 2
- Entertaining - definition? 288 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 344 10
- foreign income 105 1
- SA1 Online 82 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 89 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 89 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 342 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 94 1
- Capital allowances offset rule 132 1
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 122 4
- Worried over stock value 155 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 820
- Copy Wanted 545
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 501
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 485
- Latest phishing scam 337
- Entrepreneurs' relief 311
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 283
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 276
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 273
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 180