VAT on rent??
Very simple question (hopefully!) ... Letting agency, VAT registered. Charge landlords VAT on the commission. Company owns some properties (houses and flats) which are rented out to residential clients, thus no VAT is charged to tenants (and no VAT is reclaimed on any expenditure on these). However, one of the offices has multi offices located upstairs and these are rented out to other small local businesses. VAT is not paid on the rent of this building. But because the business is VAT registered and the tenants in this case are commercial, should VAT be getting charged to the commercial tenants?
My gut feel is yes but just need piece of mind!
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,889 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 225 4
- Turnover on a tax return 149 7
- incorrect old p60 383 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 223 3
- VAT refund 117 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 196 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 256 3
- Missing tax return 366 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,097 30
- Inflation and fees 1,390 24
- Sage Priority Support 180 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 833 24
- Micro-entity accounts 263 1
- Related party disclosure 222 3
- Company reconstruction 154 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 240 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 162 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 182 1
- Advice please! 430 2