VAT on rent??
Very simple question (hopefully!) ... Letting agency, VAT registered. Charge landlords VAT on the commission. Company owns some properties (houses and flats) which are rented out to residential clients, thus no VAT is charged to tenants (and no VAT is reclaimed on any expenditure on these). However, one of the offices has multi offices located upstairs and these are rented out to other small local businesses. VAT is not paid on the rent of this building. But because the business is VAT registered and the tenants in this case are commercial, should VAT be getting charged to the commercial tenants?
My gut feel is yes but just need piece of mind!
- Non-IR35 contractors and travel, since Autumn Statement 206 1
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 555 11
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 31 1
- property capital gains 239 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 225 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,213 13
- Tips on meals 253 2
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 217 3
- Personal Tax 777 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 263 2
- Stumped - IHT 230 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 431 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 497 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,306 33
- Credit management tools 175 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 798 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 441 7
- CGT and primary residence 206 1
- Marriage Allowance 313 3
- S455 and February year ends 366 7