VAT return and out of scope
Hi Could anyone please clarify the Box 6 treatment in the VAT return for the following:
Sale from UK to USA
As I understand it there are two available treatments:
1. Code the sale out of scope so it would appear nowhere on the VAT return. Company sales would then not agree to Box 6 total.
2. Code the sale zero rated (assume criteria for this are met) Sale shows in Box 6 of the VAT return. Company sales agree to Box 6.
Is this correct?
If you meet the criteria for zero rating, do you have a choice about which method you choose?
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 900 24
- BrightPay quirks 290 3
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 393 10
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 54 2
- Xerocon 2016 1,296 36
- VAT disaggregation 69 1
- Appointment of director 48 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 500 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 209 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 271 3
- Mortgage Reference 608 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 336 7
- Insovent companies 912 19
- New Build 249 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,317 48
- Website Content 234 1
- Personal Tax 666 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 231 1
- USA Tax Query 338 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 453 5