VAT return - Purchase invoices for services from outside the EU
I have a small social media company which is VAT registered. A lot of the work I contract out to workers in the Philippines. The work they do relates to COGS. Each month they invoice me for their work done. So basically I get invoices from the contractors for the service they have done which goes to my cogs.
My question is this: Do these foreign purchases invoices need to be shown anywhere on the VAT return or are they simply outside the scope of VAT and therefore do not need to be included anywhere on the return. Looking on the HMRC website it states: "Goods and services that are outside the scope of UK VAT includes anything you: buy or sell outside the European Union (EU)."
Please could somebody confirm that I am correct to leave these purchases completely off the VAT return?
- Transferring DLA between Directors 131 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,155 13
- Tips on meals 172 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 512 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 151 3
- Personal Tax 725 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 167 2
- Stumped - IHT 136 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 409 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 473 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,283 33
- Credit management tools 139 1
- property capital gains 139 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 395 7
- CGT and primary residence 174 1
- Marriage Allowance 273 3
- S455 and February year ends 330 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 889 18
- Closing down loss-making company 458 5