VAT return - Purchase invoices for services from outside the EU
I have a small social media company which is VAT registered. A lot of the work I contract out to workers in the Philippines. The work they do relates to COGS. Each month they invoice me for their work done. So basically I get invoices from the contractors for the service they have done which goes to my cogs.
My question is this: Do these foreign purchases invoices need to be shown anywhere on the VAT return or are they simply outside the scope of VAT and therefore do not need to be included anywhere on the return. Looking on the HMRC website it states: "Goods and services that are outside the scope of UK VAT includes anything you: buy or sell outside the European Union (EU)."
Please could somebody confirm that I am correct to leave these purchases completely off the VAT return?
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 217 6
- Hello 190 1
- flat rate scheme 1,457 33
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,730 51
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 168 4
- Unpaid share capital 64 1
- 64-8 problems 102 2
- Employer reference not recognised? 111 2
- Business trips - director and family 213 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 426 10
- Allocation of income from property 445 12
- Networking 685 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 781 10
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 121 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 1,073 22
- bookkeeping system 361 5
- Outstanding Loans 125 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 221 5
- Company van paid by director 220 2
- Private company division 213 2