VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 80 2
- Help 139 9
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 209 9
- Where has Portia gone? 5,027 109
- Overlap profit 292 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 318 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,062 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 126 1
- Payments on account 185 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 78 1
- What do your junior staff do? 523 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 649 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 413 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 535 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 132 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,942 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 349 3
- On the high seas 115 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 148 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 859 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 853
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 445
- Sanzar 341
- How do you do it 337
- Digital marketing focus group 313
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 296
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 210
- Fit for purpose 203
- new investor structure 200
- VAT Registration 181