VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- Personal Allowance for non residents 328 9
- Dormant company or not? 274 13
- VAT: option to tax 75 1
- VAT - Land Related Services 76 1
- Vat 16 1
- Best form of debt recovery 132 3
- Backdating VAT claim 13 1
- WIP recognition for builders 362 8
- Do I need to keep subscribing to CIMA post qualification? 263 15
- Share Valuation 26 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,043 9
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 140 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 80 2
- Share Issue 204 1
- Payment of Capital from and LLP and Corporate member 138 11
- Client avoiding UK Tax. 742 23
- PAYE/NI due date? 139 2
- repairs and/or improvements 103 2
- To Do List 1,515 31
- Farm Partnership 89 1
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 654
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 515
- Auto enrolment excuses 459
- Removed post 368
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 343
- Social investment tax relief 159
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 152
- Call Centre Data Costs 152
- Digita Hosted Software 138
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 129