VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- are receipts needed? 546 15
- Clogged Losses 261 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 265 11
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 192 2
- Goods Purchased for Rental 75 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 245 9
- Buy to let and capitak gain 53 1
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 639 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 298 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 243 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 103 1
- General tax book with planning 230 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 168 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 193 1
- Gift of property & improvements 153 3
- VAT Invoice 210 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 281 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 380 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,278 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 317 11
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 905
- International interest certificate 516
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 312
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 263
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 178
- P11D benefit received by widow 153
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 146
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 145