VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 210 2
- H&W company 169 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 138 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 156 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 256 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 56 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 780 32
- Classic cars investment 214 6
- BrightPay 573 16
- VAT silly question 2,378 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,077 10
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 257 5
- Federation Accounts 359 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 540 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 289 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 160 2
- Late reply from HMRC 259 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 290 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,674 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,428 22
- Benchmarking 487
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 406
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 346
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 205
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Clubs and Taxable Income 187
- Income tax on foreign dividends 187
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 182