VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- what time is it ? 223 3
- VAT on disbursement 154 2
- Business Christmas Greetings 976 18
- tax credits 190 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,024 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 78 1
- LLP - Member leaving 182 6
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 728 21
- Year end 230 3
- Foreign income for self employed 165 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 294 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 303 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,132 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 241 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 607 21
- How would you account for warranty? 176 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 412 22
- Sweet Tooth 226 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 203 2
- trading or dormant 134 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 897
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 521
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 334
- How to format a stock book 315
- Tax efficient holding company structure 252
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 245
- Investment property company accounts template 229
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 195
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 177
- Charge out rates in London? 154