VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- How to complain about HMRC 1,258 15
- Limited company buying director's car 36 3
- Dress code 1,363 31
- Historical figures for WTC 30 1
- Entrepeneurs relief 146 8
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 70 1
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 111 2
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 133 1
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 409 9
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,112 16
- Scottish Independance 621 16
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 101 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 247 4
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 418 6
- WC's and capital allowances 92 1
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 241 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 866 10
- carry back of gift aid 121 2
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 133 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 396 17
- CTA study material 753
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 466
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 355
- Employment related securities question 300
- AIM Stocks and IHT 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 244
- Trust for Employee 228
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 144
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 142