VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 400 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 151 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 57 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 620 21
- The importance of Grammar 1,218 34
- Profit split from an investment property 75 4
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,225 34
- Xero Pain Points 474 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 274 8
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 832 12
- VAT and Groups 54 2
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 218 7
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,867 13
- tax saving on card points 173 3
- VAT & Offshore Companies 197 7
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 434 5
- Scissors 795 23
- Mobile phone costs during maternity leave for OMB 290 8
- working from home 1,696 29
- Car leasing 202 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 365
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 317
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 302
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 289
- Electric Car 247
- S222 Charge 216
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 211
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 198
- Company Structure 188
- VAT and customer entertaining 171