VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- Using home as clients registered address 220 5
- VAT MOSS registration 90 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 463 15
- How much does the company pay 814 35
- Which tax returns can I submit? 150 4
- Cocaine anyone? 883 14
- HMRC property income enquiry 444 10
- Proof of identification 113 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 142 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 122 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 303 5
- Childcare vouchers 369 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 91 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 89 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 84 1
- two business from one premises 191 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 66 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 250 4
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 373 4
- Merry Christmas 149 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 509
- corporate hierarchy 479
- Advice - 329
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 278
- WWOOFers 267
- The booking.com con 250
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 250
- Cocaine anyone? 235
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 228
- UK State pension paid in NZ 178