VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 233 3
- UK Subsidiary of Foreign Company 88 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 1,011 31
- Drop Down Boxes 234 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,637 504
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 150 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 588 8
- help needed with rti paye please 155 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 855 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 420 11
- Can't read my handwriting 815 19
- Undeclared rental income 422 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 345 7
- Sick pay 255 6
- Directors self assessment 179 2
- Employer's Helpline 225 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 138 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 199 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,770 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,100 8
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,416
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 542
- National Insurance 442
- Non Resident 330
- Hands on experience of Digita 262
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 256
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 169
- Umbrella pay services 145
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 124
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 123