VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,688 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 70 1
- Accounts Software 132 5
- HMRC Agents Line 198 4
- calculation DTR restriction 81 1
- Company Director In Prison 450 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 68 1
- AWeb - download file 169 3
- Charity work 236 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 252 6
- Director Drawings 164 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 264 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 227 7
- Collection or business assets 108 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 271 8
- Tax position re this lease? 371 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 727 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 105 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,675 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 91 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 679
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 519
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 336
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 327
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 216
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203