VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- Accountants who provide tech/IT advice 494 2
- Research expenses for authors 177 3
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 63 2
- How to account for VAT on a newbuild that has been let 156 3
- VAT on “Reimbursement” from third parties 94 3
- Late VAT registration penalty 102 3
- HMRC website 75 1
- VAT 54 1
- Tax treatment on the sale of a business 366 18
- Company incorrectly marked 'dormant' by HMRC 109 1
- Pricing 213 8
- Sage error message 56 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 209 8
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 194 3
- Auto-Enrolment 3,154 158
- Money laundering POCA 217 4
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 111 1
- P11d mistake 128 1
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 192 2
- CLG exempt under s60 130 2
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 501
- Skandia using wrong address 450
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 242
- Employee rewards 238
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 209
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 187
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 183
- Etax Australian 152