VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- Xerocon 2016 1,028 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,194 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 248 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 272 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 608 12
- Personal Tax 511 11
- USA Tax Query 185 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,664 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 946 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 308 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 604 18
- Corrupt Excel File 675 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 356 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,983 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 420 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 185 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 357 4
- last minute request 530 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,259 46