VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- SA302 263 5
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 168 3
- Hmrc software 209 3
- Mehjoo 264 1
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 199 2
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 103 1
- Hosted email exchange 170 5
- South African Government Pension 178 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 159 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 270 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 304 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 239 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 145 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 279 7
- New Email Extensions 189 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 310 2
- Dental practice incorpration 153 1
- Audit rules 176 4
- Go Cardless 314 8
- business entertaining deductibility 179 1
- Xtuple 508
- Qtac payroll for bureau 343
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 290
- Industrial & Provident Societies 282
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 170
- Domain name sale and limited company 166
- CIS schemes 160
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 159
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 140