VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 165 5
- Virtually Impossible 194 5
- Transfer of stock 25 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 33 1
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 259 5
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 1,068 8
- Newly Started Practice 549 12
- SSP days and Holidays 117 2
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 494 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 327 7
- error on companies house accounts 504 14
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,505 113
- Is there a reporting requirement? 132 1
- Clients 382 6
- Home to Office 251 5
- Investment property? 174 3
- Property income 146 2
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 100 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 232 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 167 2
- QROP pension input amounts 485
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 459
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 427
- EPS and CIS deductions 274
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- Construction CIS LLP Company 259
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 222
- SAGE winforecast 189
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 182
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174