VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 70 2
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 136 4
- LLP members share of profits 436 26
- Help car benefit 116 4
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 119 2
- VAT Option to tax 281 3
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 98 2
- Current tax asset 192 3
- Partnership tax rules 81 2
- Accountancy software for an imac 209 5
- Audit Required 1,045 21
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 371 1
- Total cost of employment 177 1
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 443 15
- Selling assets to yourself ? 73 1
- UIT4 REVENUE REC FRSSE 67 1
- Director's remuneration accrual 85 3
- SDLT on land 133 6
- Grants 219 6
- PAYE Coding Notices 483 8
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 886
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 620
- Free Tax Legislation? 373
- Director Loan account operation 370
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 319
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 305
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 289
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 274
- Paye procedures for CVA 206
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 191