VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- Family Partnership 253 8
- flat rate scheme 2,344 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 147 2
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 151 5
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 110 4
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 316 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 130 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 61 2
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 183 4
- Signed accounts for bank 642 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 836 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 292 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 173 5
- VAT Query on new build 109 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 98 1
- P11D Car Value 263 6
- NOVA declaration 107 1
- Business valuation advice 709 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,512 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,227 23