VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 375 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 365 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 273 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,448 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,166 35
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 123 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 364 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 256 4
- Rental property company 124 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 272 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 391 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 180 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 210 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 153 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 519 5
- Director's tax return 409 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 194 3
- Flat rate vat 254 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 205 5
- Coming in from the cold 411 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 826
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 574
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 442
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 322
- Free Tax Legislation? 296
- Director Loan account operation 276
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 264
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 261
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 240
- Paye procedures for CVA 182