VAT on Sale of Property During Wind up
I've been asked the question of whether VAT is applicable to the sale of a property during a business wind up?
It is relation to a VAT registered partnership that has ceased trading and are in the process of realising assets to pay as much of the shortfall to creditors as possible.
The partnership owned a property that was utilised for the staff offices and the factory to produce their goods (i.e. the company did not trade in commercial property)the property has a charge over it from the bank for its entire value.
It is currently on the market for sale but they are unsure if when a sale occurs it will be subject to VAT?
Please could someone advise, or point me to where I could find further information?
Thanks in advance
- 2020 Annual Conference 127 1
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,521 12
- Microsoft One Drive 430 14
- Thinning income 360 4
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 273 6
- Bank Statement Scanning Software? 153 2
- Work to Rented Business Premises 188 1
- Not a question but made my day 1,177 23
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 388 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,152 24
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 152 1
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 276 4
- I forgiven loan an Output? 173 2
- V T Software 256 2
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 152 3
- SA302's - What's the deal? 356 4
- tax credits 310 4
- Past rental expenses 140 1
- What do do about VAT? 560 15
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 309 5
- NHS finance professionals 599
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 391
- Foreign Pension Contribution 363
- vat gross profit percentage margins 335
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 326
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 307
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 275
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 235
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 221
- IFA income recognition & reporting 201