Vat on sales invoices pre registration
I registered a client for vat and the date of reg has come through as 1 oct. For the work she did for a client in September she issued it in October. I've got myself a bit confused as I would have thought that as she wasn't registered in sept no vat was due but there seems to be reference on HMRC website to a 14 day rule and as she raised the sales invoice in October, may have to pay vat on the last 14 days in sept??
Would the easiest thing be for her to do her invoice again and date it 30 sept to avoid this problem?
Thanks in advance I didn't know there was such a rule!
- Xerocon 2016 983 23
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 182 5
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,175 40
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 200 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 569 12
- Personal Tax 465 11
- USA Tax Query 133 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,652 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 933 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 245 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 591 18
- Corrupt Excel File 671 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 342 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,962 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 288 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 391 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 150 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 284 4
- last minute request 487 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,250 46