VAT on sales of software to EU reseller - Place of supply
My UK based VAT registered client company develops and sells bespoke business software to a Republic of Ireland based reseller (also VAT registered).
The nature of the software means that it will only ever be sold onto business customers.
However, the reseller will not be using the software itself and my client may not know where the ultimate customer is based as the reseller may sell throughout the world.
Am I over complicating things and should the sale simply be to Ireland? i.e. zero rated with reverse charge to be applied by the Eire based reseller as the customer?
The reseller does provide a sales list upon which the royalties are based, should the place of supply be based on the ultimate customer on this list?
In short, is the reseller the customer or is it the ultimate customer the customer?!
Secondly, how important is it for the supplier to state "This supply is subject to the reverse charge" on the invoice? Is it not for the customer to figure out whether reverse charge applies?
Finally, can someone please confirm that the requirement to register for VAT in Ireland only applies to Distance Selling and not this particular scenario? My client will soon be over the VAT threshold (in Ireland) in selling to the reseller so wanted to double check.
- Concurrent users 778 11
- Bank account frozen 173 4
- Can employer reduce my ACCA tuition fees? 68 1
- Comment Deletion 104 1
- change director details just before striking-off 131 2
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 203 4
- Where to enter asset disposal proceeds on CT600 102 1
- Charity Account-independent examiner 204 3
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 231 7
- Set-off interest received against interest paid? 112 1
- VAT and selling on Amazon 111 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 882 26
- Writing Website Content 688 23
- Share valuation upon death of shareholder 136 2
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 192 4
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 255 2
- Badges of trade 362 6
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 300 4
- CT61 Interest - Is it voluntary? 157 2
- AIA 360 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 454
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 425
- Electric Car 359
- S222 Charge 286
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 266
- IP trans to holding company 224
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 207
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 197
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 171
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 170