VAT on sales of software to EU reseller - Place of supply
My UK based VAT registered client company develops and sells bespoke business software to a Republic of Ireland based reseller (also VAT registered).
The nature of the software means that it will only ever be sold onto business customers.
However, the reseller will not be using the software itself and my client may not know where the ultimate customer is based as the reseller may sell throughout the world.
Am I over complicating things and should the sale simply be to Ireland? i.e. zero rated with reverse charge to be applied by the Eire based reseller as the customer?
The reseller does provide a sales list upon which the royalties are based, should the place of supply be based on the ultimate customer on this list?
In short, is the reseller the customer or is it the ultimate customer the customer?!
Secondly, how important is it for the supplier to state "This supply is subject to the reverse charge" on the invoice? Is it not for the customer to figure out whether reverse charge applies?
Finally, can someone please confirm that the requirement to register for VAT in Ireland only applies to Distance Selling and not this particular scenario? My client will soon be over the VAT threshold (in Ireland) in selling to the reseller so wanted to double check.
- Worried over stock value 177 3
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 30 1
- White van man 355 18
- foreign income 115 2
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 145 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 293 5
- STUDENT LOAN 58 1
- Bookkeeping question 573 6
- wave software 218 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 341 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 210 3
- Backdate C79? 161 2
- Entertaining - definition? 297 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 356 10
- SA1 Online 90 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 91 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 91 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 349 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 100 1
- Capital allowances offset rule 146 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 820
- Copy Wanted 545
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 501
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 486
- Latest phishing scam 341
- Entrepreneurs' relief 312
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 284
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 277
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 273
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 181