VAT on sales of software to EU reseller - Place of supply
My UK based VAT registered client company develops and sells bespoke business software to a Republic of Ireland based reseller (also VAT registered).
The nature of the software means that it will only ever be sold onto business customers.
However, the reseller will not be using the software itself and my client may not know where the ultimate customer is based as the reseller may sell throughout the world.
Am I over complicating things and should the sale simply be to Ireland? i.e. zero rated with reverse charge to be applied by the Eire based reseller as the customer?
The reseller does provide a sales list upon which the royalties are based, should the place of supply be based on the ultimate customer on this list?
In short, is the reseller the customer or is it the ultimate customer the customer?!
Secondly, how important is it for the supplier to state "This supply is subject to the reverse charge" on the invoice? Is it not for the customer to figure out whether reverse charge applies?
Finally, can someone please confirm that the requirement to register for VAT in Ireland only applies to Distance Selling and not this particular scenario? My client will soon be over the VAT threshold (in Ireland) in selling to the reseller so wanted to double check.
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 60 3
- Personal consumption by landlord 204 1
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 69 3
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 92 5
- company loss, Can he start again?? 63 3
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 47 2
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 233 1
- VAT chargeable or not? 216 4
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 412 8
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 53 4
- Charity reserves 336 6
- Property scam victim 225 3
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 118 2
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 361 9
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 702 16
- Software to use 110 3
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 53 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 163 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,504 35
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 104 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,066
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 567
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 378
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 284
- Charge out rates in London? 230
- Interest on Loan to a Company 182
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 164
- Agent fees to sell business 151
- Alphabet shares 145
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 142