VAT on services provided outside EU
I know I should know this but I've never come across it. I'm sure that plenty of my esteemed AWeb colleagues will have done though!
UK company (only base is in the UK) supplying services to a Swiss company. Work carried out in the UK (to be specific - a recruitment consultant sourcing an employee to work in Switzerland).
What do I do about VAT on my client's invoice? Or rather, what do they do? I know what to do if it's a EU supply!
Following this http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/international/exports/services.htm I think it's outside the scope.
Thanks in advance.
- Interprise software 79 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 500 19
- Charity accounting 262 6
- Outsourcing Payroll 89 1
- sage 109 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 153 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,053 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 210 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 142 1
- FBI2 202 3
- Double entry 172 4
- Companies House 149 3
- Small house in garden 150 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 153 2
- Clients 925 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 291 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 152 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 282 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 312 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 131 5
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 539
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 470
- EPS and CIS deductions 328
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 311
- Construction CIS LLP Company 302
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 296
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 264
- Overdrawn director account 219
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 205
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 200