VAT on services provided outside EU
I know I should know this but I've never come across it. I'm sure that plenty of my esteemed AWeb colleagues will have done though!
UK company (only base is in the UK) supplying services to a Swiss company. Work carried out in the UK (to be specific - a recruitment consultant sourcing an employee to work in Switzerland).
What do I do about VAT on my client's invoice? Or rather, what do they do? I know what to do if it's a EU supply!
Following this http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/international/exports/services.htm I think it's outside the scope.
Thanks in advance.
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 442 9
- Redundancy pay for directors? 178 5
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 415 5
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,779 47
- Small company audit 213 8
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 205 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 213 5
- Problem partnership fees 123 1
- Car financed by employee 103 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 99 1
- Undisclosed income 174 3
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 296 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 246 4
- Private Investment Company 138 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 123 1
- New company - form a group? 202 3
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 801 17
- CIC Company 434 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,710 57
- Is this a scam? 824 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 605
- Cancelled 350
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 337
- Cancelled 288
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 260
- Probiz 247
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 203
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 188
- Car leasing scheme 184
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 178