VAT on services provided outside EU
I know I should know this but I've never come across it. I'm sure that plenty of my esteemed AWeb colleagues will have done though!
UK company (only base is in the UK) supplying services to a Swiss company. Work carried out in the UK (to be specific - a recruitment consultant sourcing an employee to work in Switzerland).
What do I do about VAT on my client's invoice? Or rather, what do they do? I know what to do if it's a EU supply!
Following this http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/international/exports/services.htm I think it's outside the scope.
Thanks in advance.
- Directors loan accounts 387 10
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,128 22
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 250 7
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 325 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 255 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 106 2
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 191 1
- Employed clients and expenses 793 14
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,033 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 700 29
- Taxfiler V's BTC 907 34
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 525 18
- I.d for vat registration 275 10
- Bookkeping software 904 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 292 9
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 252 4
- Auto Enrolment set up 347 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,837 42
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 136 2
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 163 6
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 541
- NOVA 489
- Bonus Bonds 375
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 354
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 275
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 239
- Friendly Pensions 170
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 156
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 140
- Finance Lease 140