VAT on services provided outside EU
I know I should know this but I've never come across it. I'm sure that plenty of my esteemed AWeb colleagues will have done though!
UK company (only base is in the UK) supplying services to a Swiss company. Work carried out in the UK (to be specific - a recruitment consultant sourcing an employee to work in Switzerland).
What do I do about VAT on my client's invoice? Or rather, what do they do? I know what to do if it's a EU supply!
Following this http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/international/exports/services.htm I think it's outside the scope.
Thanks in advance.
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 654 10
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 837 20
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,694 32
- VAT by Direct Debit 91 8
- The new married allowance 86 1
- Er... 304 2
- Accountex flash mob 522 17
- Cash extraction pre-sale 198 5
- VAT claim on exempt supply 309 11
- Group structure - transfer of shares 127 5
- Child benefit 341 9
- £3750 earned in Dubai - where on the income tax return??? 117 3
- Tax on selling a sole trader business 311 10
- IR 35 221 5
- Share disposal - help please 108 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 343 11
- Final accounts - procedure 347 6
- NIC question 119 1
- sole trader to ltd company 279 3
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager Connection Problem 166 2
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 656
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 410
- Pensions Regulator 380
- RTI - duplicate employee record 342
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 328
- SA penalty proposals 309
- Using the correct forms 303
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 297
- Sage Vat return box 2 206
- Digital marketing focus group 202