VAT on services provided outside EU
I know I should know this but I've never come across it. I'm sure that plenty of my esteemed AWeb colleagues will have done though!
UK company (only base is in the UK) supplying services to a Swiss company. Work carried out in the UK (to be specific - a recruitment consultant sourcing an employee to work in Switzerland).
What do I do about VAT on my client's invoice? Or rather, what do they do? I know what to do if it's a EU supply!
Following this http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/international/exports/services.htm I think it's outside the scope.
Thanks in advance.
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 398 4
- Setting up a practice 275 4
- Very large share capital by mistake 421 6
- 24 month rule and expenses 191 1
- Love is in the air 482 6
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 647 17
- Stamp Duty 285 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 231 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,779 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 517 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 208 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 257 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,018 46
- Client Paperwork Retention? 561 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 567 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 360 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 386 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 444 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 482 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 298 2
- DTA tie-breaker issue 298
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 284
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 275
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 251
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 238
- Apprenticeship Levy 236
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 219
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 197