VAT on services provided outside EU
I know I should know this but I've never come across it. I'm sure that plenty of my esteemed AWeb colleagues will have done though!
UK company (only base is in the UK) supplying services to a Swiss company. Work carried out in the UK (to be specific - a recruitment consultant sourcing an employee to work in Switzerland).
What do I do about VAT on my client's invoice? Or rather, what do they do? I know what to do if it's a EU supply!
Following this http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/international/exports/services.htm I think it's outside the scope.
Thanks in advance.
- HMRC Information notice 956 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 235 3
- Accountant Specialization. 336 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 180 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 108 1
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,285 29
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,707 42
- Sage Line 50 152 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 128 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 405 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 381 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 150 1
- Freelance/Employee 690 17
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 184 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 189 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 499 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 130 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 616 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 719 5
- Agent Authorisation Issue 224 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 750
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 409
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 294
- S222 Charge 242
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 177
- AIA 171
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 171