VAT on supplying goods to the employees
Hi to All,
One of the clients called me this morning and asked me very interesting question regarding the VAT.
The business (VAT registered) has Apple's outlet and sells Apple's products like iphones, ipads and computers etc. The employees of the business use the computers/ipads for business and private purposes.
The question is that should the business charge VAT to the employees for their private/business use as treating a normal supply? Apple charges VAT on the products leased/sold to the business.
Please answer me that what would be the VAT implications for the business.
- TaxCalc Accounts production 122 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 369 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 209 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 403 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 78 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,362 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 390 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 577 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 189 2
- Old CGT loss 211 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 190 3
- Paper tax return 161 4
- Start up allowance? 385 12
- Will I need to resign? 212 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 250 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 467 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 646 9
- Late Registration for VAT 369 11