VAT on supplying goods to the employees
Hi to All,
One of the clients called me this morning and asked me very interesting question regarding the VAT.
The business (VAT registered) has Apple's outlet and sells Apple's products like iphones, ipads and computers etc. The employees of the business use the computers/ipads for business and private purposes.
The question is that should the business charge VAT to the employees for their private/business use as treating a normal supply? Apple charges VAT on the products leased/sold to the business.
Please answer me that what would be the VAT implications for the business.
- Sage Priority Support 137 3
- incorrect old p60 246 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 123 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 797 24
- Micro-entity accounts 80 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 968 26
- Related party disclosure 140 3
- Inflation and fees 1,293 23
- Company reconstruction 72 1
- Missing tax return 250 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 209 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 103 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 137 1
- Advice please! 385 2
- VAT on new builds 153 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 117 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 348 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,940 28
- Redundancy Pay 446 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 736 6