VAT on supplying goods to the employees
Hi to All,
One of the clients called me this morning and asked me very interesting question regarding the VAT.
The business (VAT registered) has Apple's outlet and sells Apple's products like iphones, ipads and computers etc. The employees of the business use the computers/ipads for business and private purposes.
The question is that should the business charge VAT to the employees for their private/business use as treating a normal supply? Apple charges VAT on the products leased/sold to the business.
Please answer me that what would be the VAT implications for the business.
- Gift aid procedure please? 465 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 182 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 232 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,245 35
- Mortgage Reference 564 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 274 7
- Insovent companies 889 19
- New Build 226 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,301 48
- BrightPay quirks 256 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 819 20
- Website Content 199 1
- Personal Tax 635 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 212 1
- USA Tax Query 324 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 443 5
- last minute request 664 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 374 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 409 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,750 25