VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,233 28
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,656 42
- Sage Line 50 140 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 83 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 353 6
- Accountant Specialization. 300 4
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 363 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 132 1
- Freelance/Employee 676 17
- Recommendations for online payroll software 203 1
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 175 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 181 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 482 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 119 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 606 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 699 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 150 2
- Agent Authorisation Issue 210 2
- Is it just me ... 331 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 308 4
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 748
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 406
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 356
- Electric Car 290
- S222 Charge 239
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 196
- IP trans to holding company 190
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 175
- AIA 169
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 168