VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Spousal transfer and PPR 692 31
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,134 21
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 41 1
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 241 8
- recompense capital input 180 11
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 102 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 219 2
- CT losses carry back 81 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 544 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 142 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 753 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 414 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,263 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 129 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 183 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 222 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 989 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 201 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 253 5
- Merging my businesses 230 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 797
- RTI - duplicate employee record 562
- Pensions Regulator 451
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 413
- Portia ... Where art thou 328
- Sanzar 315
- How do you do it 300
- Digital marketing focus group 298
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 273
- new investor structure 183