VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- What would be a tax efficient way of selling the main business asset but keeping some to continue with business? 309 15
- Appealing agianst HMRC penalties for dormant company 44 1
- Capital allowances - Jersey 110 4
- HMRC & daft penalty 1,166 7
- Share transfer question 94 2
- Unpaid Share Capital and Companies House Template 109 6
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 379 7
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 55 1
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 97 1
- ERS reporting - online filing 292 8
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 260 5
- Pension contributions 177 5
- Marketing and email surprises 153 2
- Bookkeeping and a/c reconciliation for a members club - advice please 196 5
- Dividend Waiver 252 5
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 261 8
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 474 4
- Document Management Systems 302 1
- Mutual gifts of properties 96 1
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 305 6
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 408
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 394
- Perkbox 344
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 281
- WIP Software 265
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 203
- No payroll scheme in place 193
- Benefit in Kind? 183
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 183
- Software recommendations 176