VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Free accounts system for small business? 373 7
- VAT on converting Commercial property to residential 60 3
- It gets worse ! 351 2
- PCTR for Audit Qualification 91 1
- Building premises bought on 99 year lease 78 1
- Client refusing to change basis period 192 6
- Companies House Authentication code 206 9
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,983 66
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 176 2
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 464 8
- Payroll Software Recommendations 310 10
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 344 15
- saturday staff 410 4
- Sports Club - Option to tax 55 1
- Highlighting a line on cell click 64 4
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,450 42
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 528 12
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 651 15
- Rights of Alphabet shares 352 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 268 3
- Xtuple 587
- Qtac payroll for bureau 412
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 357
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 230
- Tax on damages received 211
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 174
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 166
- PTP Software 158
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 142
- Software for Belgium Company 141