VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,528 14
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 33 1
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 92 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 433 7
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 147 2
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 386 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 151 2
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 423 13
- Real names 968 32
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 278 7
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,616 10
- Best apps for clients 165 2
- Theatre as charitable company 136 3
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 280 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 419 12
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 338 1
- Fixed Assets 180 2
- CGT on Sale of shop 173 2
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 204 1
- Dividend payment date 2,047 36
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 574
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 441
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 349
- IFA incorporation 329
- Sorry ignore me 288
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 255
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 250
- Cancelled 191
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 160