VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Workshops centred around Xero 447 12
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 130 3
- Scams are not always obvious 670 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 97 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 89 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 80 3
- Related party disclosures 161 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 173 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 67 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 602 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 204 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 241 8
- Is this legal? 609 9
- Market Value/Connected Persons 178 7
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,981 23
- Cells from many sheets 122 2
- Taxation of rental income 193 4
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 134 6
- Childcare vouchers 95 1
- Directors loan 1,403 9
- New Fangled Penalties 1,040
- Moving away from CCH software 900
- Recruitment agencies 525
- QROP pension input amounts 409
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 361
- Deemed Employment Payment 343
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 306
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 297
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 216
- fraud 211