VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 237 5
- See you all on the other side 444 6
- 12Pay 188 2
- dividends 224 2
- R&D 177 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,029 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 319 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 225 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 167 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 413 5
- Seeking a tax case 425 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 296 4
- Companies house strike off 249 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 209 2
- Moving to the cloud 653 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 172 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 784 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 164 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,009 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 365 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 528
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 399
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 356
- IRIS and FRS 102 333
- Capitalising Finance Lease 294
- USA help 292
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 255
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 252
- Capital gains on rental property 233
- Sage Coretime 219