VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Film Actors - Averaging? 192 6
- Budget 2015 predictions 408 9
- Goodie bag 1,091 38
- Quickbooks Online 141 2
- Directors loan - no longer a director 426 6
- Dividends against directors loan 80 1
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 101 1
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,367 87
- Sponsorship/ Advertising 113 1
- Output tax for retailer 285 7
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 342 7
- Back-dated VAT 137 2
- VAT registration 164 4
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 217 7
- Company reorganisation 247 3
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 441 8
- Loss carryback 211 6
- Sole trader and VAT 115 1
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 160 1
- Physiotherapy And Vat 278 8
- Possible Partnership? 625
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 510
- New Fangled Penalties 434
- Fuming! 320
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 311
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 246
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 226
- Outsource Data Entry 225
- Moving away from CCH software 213
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 164