VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 346 13
- capital gains on PPR 226 12
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 146 7
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,780 441
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 119 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,284 62
- Company expansion 75 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 367 6
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 165 3
- Pension Contributions Relief 488 15
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 514 8
- 100% Xero practice 2,471 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 237 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 161 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 149 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 291 9
- PRR 365 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 405 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 317 7
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 440 20
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 480
- National Insurance 369
- Non Resident 296
- Franchise income and costs 260
- Hands on experience of Digita 214
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 165
- employment capital allowances 161
- CIS paid under reg 9 157