VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Which tax returns can I submit? 171 5
- Cocaine anyone? 896 15
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 257 5
- Vat on new builds 62 1
- Using home as clients registered address 237 5
- VAT MOSS registration 98 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 470 15
- How much does the company pay 821 35
- HMRC property income enquiry 456 10
- Proof of identification 133 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 160 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 125 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 308 5
- Childcare vouchers 373 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 105 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 97 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 94 1
- two business from one premises 196 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 75 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 377 4
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 514
- corporate hierarchy 479
- Advice - 331
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 280
- WWOOFers 267
- The booking.com con 256
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 254
- Cocaine anyone? 237
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 231
- UK State pension paid in NZ 180