VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Cash in Hand 163 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 190 5
- are receipts needed? 635 17
- SA302's anyone?? 621 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 334 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 138 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 357 12
- Busines software 173 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 206 6
- Converting a barn for business use 189 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 318 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 324 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 493 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 331 3
- Bookkeping software 734 7
- Clogged Losses 286 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 283 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 667 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 278 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 133 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 373
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 330
- Management expenses for investment company 276
- Bonus Bonds 273
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 186
- P11D benefit received by widow 167
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 164
- EXACT ONLINE 163