VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 172 4
- SA302 294 7
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 253 4
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 277 13
- Bringing money to Uk 254 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 265 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 194 4
- Go Cardless 340 9
- Hmrc software 230 3
- Mehjoo 273 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 119 1
- Hosted email exchange 176 5
- South African Government Pension 182 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 296 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 311 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 247 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 152 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 290 7
- New Email Extensions 208 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 326 2
- Xtuple 512
- Qtac payroll for bureau 351
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 295
- Industrial & Provident Societies 286
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 186
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 185
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 167
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 147