VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 324 5
- Company Number 10000000 918 12
- CGT on lost shares/scam 137 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 390 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,801 29
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 533 10
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 402 9
- Withdrawal of a quote 143 3
- Support / ticketing software 278 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 191 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 324 5
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 246 2
- Stamp Duty 103 2
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 395 13
- Best software for small practice? 820 24
- Large director's pension contribution 631 10
- Credit for price reduction - Inventory write down effect 136 2
- Car benefit or not? 2,552 26
- substantial shareholding exemption 161 1
- Land Registry 406 5
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 793
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 282
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 238
- Apprenticeship Levy 214
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 206
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 203
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 187