VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Legal title not in the company name 301 11
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 197 2
- Employment Allowance 240 3
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 160 4
- CIC Company 526 7
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,350 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 294 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 872 18
- NALS Accountants Report 126 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,486 35
- Dividend dates 577 10
- Sole properietor 205 4
- transitioning payroll 259 8
- dividend proposals 141 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 250 2
- Deduction from Salary 318 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 214 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,756 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 101 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 443 10
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 625
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 345
- Cancelled 313
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 284
- Probiz 274
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 235
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 231
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 206
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 177