VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Identity Checks 89 1
- Mandatory Capitalisation 118 2
- Running Sage on a Mac 98 1
- Allowable expenses on retal property 119 1
- Need help with How much or do I charge to much 175 3
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,318 94
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 280 5
- Cash bashed (FRS) vs cash accounting (standard VAT)? 124 2
- notarising & legalising documents 169 4
- question 434 4
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 406 11
- Income prior to company formation 210 8
- VAT on farm machinery sold 124 2
- Seeking advice: Tax on investing in a subsidiary 152 6
- Property pages or self-employed? 152 2
- Any thoughts on Capium? 421 3
- When to register or not for PAYE 456 8
- Can criminal action be a defence? 211 5
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,417 14
- National Living Wage: creating jobs or unemployment? 314 6
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 398
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 285
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 260
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 255
- French ConnectionUK 203
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 190
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 186
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 182
- APN's 173
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 147