VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- no utr 28 2
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 173 7
- Interest on pre-letting? 65 4
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 26 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,657 44
- Anybody still doing returns? 120 6
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,670 22
- Rent a room scheme query. 216 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 301 13
- Clothing 408 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 103 6
- Why do I do this every year 545 13
- HMRC filing meltdown? 705 24
- client can't/won't pay 2,018 45
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 295 5
- Self assesment online 1,066 13
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 124 1
- Anybody Use Brightpay 746 20
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 257 11
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 148 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 939
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 656
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 587
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 423
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 318
- Scratch Head 251
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 243
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 183