VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Project being run jointly 162 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 290 4
- Companies House 573 9
- Dress code 324 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 109 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 307 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 713 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,418 25
- What would you do in this situation? 585 13
- Help Required 368 10
- directors control and tax problems 229 5
- Fastest Software 785 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 955 28
- What's in a name ? 338 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 268 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 452 15
- Bulk Invoicing 185 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 167 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 254 2
- ATED Penalties 280 1
- CTA study material 710
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 432
- Employment related securities question 272
- AIM Stocks and IHT 249
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 206
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 195
- Trust for Employee 190
- Expat pension contributions? 189
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 186
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 163