VAT voluntary registration, backdated, combining flat rate scheme and expensive capital assets.
I have a client who has turnover below the level triggering compulsory registration for VAT. The client only works with customers who are registered for VAT so would not lose business by voluntarily registering for VAT.
The client has recently incurred (within the last 6 months) £1,000 in VAT on two items of capital expenditure (both exceeding £2,000).
If my client decides to voluntarily register for VAT then
a) Can my client backdate a voluntary VAT registration to the date of the earliest aquisition of one of these two items of expensive capital equipment?
b) Can my client also opt for the flat rate scheme for their trade/profession to be effective from the backdated registration date?
c) Will my client be successful in reclaiming the VAT on these 2 pieces of expensive capital equipment if under the flat rate scheme?
d) Going back to the backdated regiustration date, does my client need to issue "VAT only" invoices to each customer previously invoiced without VAT?
- Property income in different capacities 118 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 195 6
- Contract Hire of Vans for Limited Company 64 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 410 10
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 118 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,298 19
- Scanners 180 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 128 1
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 237 3
- Payment plans for clients 145 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 235 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 266 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 395 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 457 9
- P60 or payslips? 110 1
- IHT dilemma 1,388 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 196 1
- IT advisory questions? 188 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 800 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 164 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,166
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 799
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 494
- Digita Hosted Software 322
- Credit where credit's due....... 276
- Director phone costs 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 229
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 208
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 161
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 141