VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- Audit partner? 195 5
- Can't read my handwriting 522 12
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,654 471
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 101 7
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 667 15
- Email hacker for hire ... 265 6
- corp tax software 914 12
- Is this fraud? 822 13
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 405 4
- Fees for Property Tax Return 439 10
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 288 6
- Does anyone use quotation software? 283 5
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 195 4
- Flat rate scheme 348 4
- PPR posers 253 6
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 918 9
- How good is OCRREX Auto Rec software? 424 9
- Naming new company 449 7
- Fee Protection Insurance 1,033 43
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 294 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,359
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 509
- National Insurance 399
- Non Resident 312
- Hands on experience of Digita 233
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 213
- Employer's Helpline 181
- CIS paid under reg 9 174
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 143
- Donaldson V HMRC 139