VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- CIS 270 7
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 194 2
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,219 17
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 274 5
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 431 6
- VAT - Medical Staff 169 2
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,131 13
- Really?! 863 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,385 26
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 659 15
- VAT 701/49 query 237 2
- backpack 339 3
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 201 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 285 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 356 8
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 202 3
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 204 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 205 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 175 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 261 6
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 709
- 2015 tax year end 442
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 418
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 361
- Costly Accounting Software contract 317
- Directors' advances and credits 262
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 239
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 224
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 204