VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- Do I need to register for VAT 230 13
- Post AAT? 478 2
- Here we go.... 89 5
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,880 35
- Community Faux Pas 361 16
- Practical experience 704 14
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 293 5
- check v enquiry v discovery 169 2
- Amend a 2010/11 return 285 4
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,328 23
- Owner director gym membership 235 6
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 191 6
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,525 36
- Tax Fines - HMRC 596 8
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 182 2
- Autumn statement predictions 841 9
- Travelling expenses 173 3
- Exemption from CGT 452 12
- J10 - stock transfer form 112 2
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 141 3