VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 126 3
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 91 2
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 533 14
- Joint filing delays 114 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 217 9
- Vat threshold issues 188 4
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 329 2
- private to company car? 227 5
- Buy to let allowable interest 179 3
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 289 5
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 144 4
- Partner with an IVA 195 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 341 6
- R&D tax claim 134 1
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 613 13
- Growing pains 388 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 242 14
- Consequential loss claim 142 3
- ATT Annual Return Problems 131 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 117 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 458
- CTA study material 420
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 304
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 290
- Pre incorp expenses 284
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 248
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 235
- Slight twist on employment related securities 212
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 189
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 179