VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 74 1
- Special dividends & CGT 170 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 111 1
- Networking 316 5
- Turnover on a tax return 458 10
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,206 33
- VAT refund 264 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 260 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 290 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 118 1
- incorrect old p60 511 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 325 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 251 2
- IT Contractor 275 1
- Sage instant account codes 181 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 278 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 327 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,968 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 337 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 314 1