VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- Buying a horse?? 158 8
- What's in a name ? 1,075 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 204 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 140 7
- Audit 301 8
- Awkward IP 1,363 14
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 779 20
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 476 7
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 621 18
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 766 22
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,025 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,112 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 132 1
- carry back of gift aid 190 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 307 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 935 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 251 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 569 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 251 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 426 6
- CTA study material 791
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 487
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 432
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 272
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 266
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 209
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154