VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 44 1
- ICAS GPPM 77 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 116 2
- Payroll 242 7
- Buying fees 682 5
- IHT Query 443 11
- Audit and paypal balances 178 7
- Missing C79 158 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 489 16
- VAT margin scheme 273 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 309 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,733 17
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 134 2
- Get it off your chest 253 4
- Directors bonus 158 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 113 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 285 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 278 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 184 3
- break even point 1,123 33
- Possible Partnership? 561
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 554
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 482
- New Fangled Penalties 356
- Clubs and Taxable Income 295
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 279
- Loans to other companies 222
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 214
- Outsource Data Entry 182
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 180