VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 112 4
- The stupidity continues 1,516 74
- looking for a practice consultant 214 3
- RE assets introduced and rent 109 2
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 330 3
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 212 4
- Withdrawing company car 129 1
- AML report needed? 201 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 266 6
- transactions after account have been closed 327 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 106 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 398 9
- Marketing and email surprises 465 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 772 26
- What is IRIS World like? 423 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 337 5
- Mlom bollocks 290 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 127 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 161 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 604 11
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 448
- WIP Software 310
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 296
- No payroll scheme in place 246
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 244
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 219
- Is there anything wrong with this? 214
- Small Part Disposal of Property 204
- Uncommercial property business 193