VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- dividend 191 11
- Fee protection 934 18
- overdrawn directors loan 249 5
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 191 3
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 262 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 69 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,197 47
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 88 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 441 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 132 3
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 142 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 258 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 188 3
- Irish Taxation 150 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 326 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 520 6
- Drector renting room to company 111 1
- Off site storage 167 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 606 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 260 7
- Xtuple 568
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 343
- Domain name sale and limited company 234
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 212
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 210
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 183
- Tax on damages received 182
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152