VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 112 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 455 13
- Coding Notice 220 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 233 6
- New business - journal entries 390 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 219 3
- Payroll software 638 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 254 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 389 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 724 18
- B2B vat in the EU 182 4
- VAT on Hire Purchase 138 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 196 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 225 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 191 4
- LLP as member of LLP 134 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,825 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 501 7
- Vat 302 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,301 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 852
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 718
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 404
- Social investment tax relief 218
- Digita Hosted Software 212
- Call Centre Data Costs 199
- accounting for this transaction 183
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 171
- Travel costs and contractors 166
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 161