VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,682 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 65 1
- Accounts Software 126 5
- HMRC Agents Line 193 4
- calculation DTR restriction 76 1
- Company Director In Prison 443 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 63 1
- AWeb - download file 165 3
- Charity work 232 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 244 6
- Director Drawings 160 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 261 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 224 7
- Collection or business assets 102 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 269 8
- Tax position re this lease? 371 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 725 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 104 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,675 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 90 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 677
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 518
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 335
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 327
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 215
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203