VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 246 3
- Cocaine anyone? 82 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,460 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 800 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 424 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 239 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 309 11
- Tax return software for remote working 464 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 509 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 422 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 443 9
- How to purchase business premises? 146 2
- Will I need to resign? 809 10
- Childcare vouchers 162 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 271 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 297 6
- VAT avoidance? 221 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 183 3
- PAYE coding out 180 3
- Follower cases 574 2
- Hive up 469
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 437
- corporate hierarchy 415
- Advice - 243
- Amortisation of Goodwill 217
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 203
- WWOOFers 199
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 178
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 178
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 176