VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- Partnership Registration 45 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 875 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 84 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 656 12
- Audit Required 1,175 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 293 9
- Residential Management Companies 73 2
- Value pricing 2,842 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 387 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 382 11
- Payroll software for Mac 114 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 100 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 211 5
- CIS and Close Company 199 6
- LLP members share of profits 635 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 423 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 136 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 99 1
- Registered Office 105 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 110 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 940
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 659
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 391
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 330
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 256
- Paye procedures for CVA 246
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 242
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 191
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 188
- Pension Fixed Protection 184