VAT/Payroll deduction query
Can anyone point me in the right direction for clarification on a payroll deduction question?
We are going to supply a service to various individuals. We will work out their estimated annual billing and send them a statement every 6 months. They won't pay us directly but have a 1/12th deducted from their pay each month. Their employer will pay us monthly with those payroll deductions. If the original estimate is wildly "out" the payroll deduction will be adjusted accordingly.
Assuming the employer has a dispensation in place do you agree that there is no benefit and therefore it is not reportable under P11d?
am going around in circles on the HMRC site and I have asked them directly but they have said it is salary sacrifice which I don't think it is. The bill is not going to be sent to the employer.
I did look in to issuing a bill to the employer but it got very complicated as regards the VAT - would they charge vat to the employee etc.
All comments gratefully received!
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 284 4
- Closing my business down 78 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 845 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 285 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 191 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 105 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 589 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,241 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,467 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 191 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 111 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 292 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 89 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,093 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 414 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 154 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 224 3
- FPS or EPS 171 2
- Continuity of Practice 223 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 145 2
- Moving away from CCH software 955
- QROP pension input amounts 441
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 384
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 358
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 326
- fraud 285
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 260
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 229
- Construction CIS LLP Company 213
- EPS and CIS deductions 201