Very late notification of self employment
I have been approached by a client who was self employed between Sept 2008 and Aug 2009. HMRC have never been notified, and they do not know anything about it. Client has just decided that he cannot sleep anyone more without getting things sorted.
What is the best approach with HMRC - form CWF1 or SA1 ?
What are the likely levels of penalties - bearing in mind he is now making full disclosure and is beinging his affairs up to date, unprompted by HMRC.
- Gift aid procedure please? 466 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 182 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 232 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,248 35
- Mortgage Reference 569 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 283 7
- Insovent companies 889 19
- New Build 227 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,301 48
- BrightPay quirks 256 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 821 20
- Website Content 201 1
- Personal Tax 636 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 213 1
- USA Tax Query 324 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 443 5
- last minute request 666 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 376 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 410 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,752 25