Victim of a Sales Trick - Any Advice Appreciated!
I was pursuaded to accept a 30 Day trial package by my existing website hosting co. 1and1. They added an expensive package to my account even after me resisting during phone conversation. However, I accepted after being told that it is a no-obligation package and the sales person will call back before the expiry of 30 days which didn't happen. Not hearing from anyone, I emailed the co. requesting a cancellation on 24th day which was not done until 30 days are passed and an invoice was for the next 3 months. Finally I had to call and scream to get it cancelled altogether. However, they want me to pay for the invoice they issued and I personally do not want to pay since I have an email evidence requesting the cancellation on 24th day of the 30 day trial period and that I didn't use and didn't want to take up the offer. I requested them to reconsider but they'll not do so. What avenues are there for accountants or similar professionals to address such issues to avoid debt collection and bad credit rating for my practice.
Appreciate any helpful suggestions!
- Xerocon 2016 985 23
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 183 5
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,175 40
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 200 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 569 12
- Personal Tax 466 11
- USA Tax Query 133 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,652 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 933 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 246 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 591 18
- Corrupt Excel File 671 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 342 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,962 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 288 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 391 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 150 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 284 4
- last minute request 487 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,250 46