Victim of a Sales Trick - Any Advice Appreciated!
I was pursuaded to accept a 30 Day trial package by my existing website hosting co. 1and1. They added an expensive package to my account even after me resisting during phone conversation. However, I accepted after being told that it is a no-obligation package and the sales person will call back before the expiry of 30 days which didn't happen. Not hearing from anyone, I emailed the co. requesting a cancellation on 24th day which was not done until 30 days are passed and an invoice was for the next 3 months. Finally I had to call and scream to get it cancelled altogether. However, they want me to pay for the invoice they issued and I personally do not want to pay since I have an email evidence requesting the cancellation on 24th day of the 30 day trial period and that I didn't use and didn't want to take up the offer. I requested them to reconsider but they'll not do so. What avenues are there for accountants or similar professionals to address such issues to avoid debt collection and bad credit rating for my practice.
Appreciate any helpful suggestions!
- P11d query 268 5
- Rental expenses 50 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 131 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 342 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 84 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 336 4
- No more tax returns... 1,540 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 420 6
- Signed accounts for bank 283 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 476 10
- Landing clients 419 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,153 22
- Termination Payment 204 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 212 3
- CRM / marketing 109 2
- Allocation of income from property 757 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,885 28
- Opening a Quick books file 137 1
- 64-8 problems 522 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 350 10