I have purchase VT FA recently and decided to call VT support for one-off telephone walk-through to get me started.
I'm aware of quality manuals and easy-piece of software, however I just wanted one-off comprehensive walk-through which I never hesitated and thought would be a problem.
Coming from SAPA where helpline is needed and constantly available, I fully understood that due to size of VT there are some limitations on support and I'm absolutely fine with that, but ,surely, one-off telephone call that will cover me for years shouldn't be a problem!
Anyway, this afternoon (14/02/2012), I called up VT support for help and my expected "intro" for which I didn't mind to give 1,2 or 3 of my included credits and asked a lady to take me through it as a new customer. Her response was that for the best results I had to play around with it. I said that I don't want to mess it up (i.e delete/insert row, ixblr etc). So she answered, reluctantly, couple of my basic questions and refused to go further saying that I should just read manual.
So, to conclude - good piece of software, but in comparisons to Sage,Digita very poor support for new customers.
I hope VT representative will read the post here and try to resolve this issue. Lack of "intro" and just one-call explaining basics is something very valuable in my eyes and eyes of other new practitoners. I would appreciate if someone from VT will call me back. My postcode is M259NF
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 113 5
- Is there a time limit on VAT claims on DIY barn conversions? 26 1
- Dividend payments to spouses 222 5
- share capital calculation 24 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 232 2
- VAT on part of a closed pub 128 8
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,876 49
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 79 2
- Renting property to yourself 373 9
- Child benefit - higher earnings threshold £50K 30 1
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 161 6
- Ltd Company 54 2
- Facebook Management 639 8
- Is all training VATable? 41 1
- Several employments - large tax bill remaining 158 3
- Flat rate vat error 176 4
- Accountant software 365 10
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 71 1
- SME Direct Debit 526 10
- Linux Accounting Software 437 10
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 684
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 496
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 462
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 281
- How to format a stock book 247
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 203
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 198
- Tax efficient holding company structure 186
- Investment property company accounts template 179
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 172