Warning regarding Norton Internet Security 2012
Right now I am very busy with work. Many of my clients have been very late providing information this and I suspect it's because they are saving up to pay my fees. My efforts to chase some clients were successful so it's not all doom and gloom.
Last Monday a client came round and he mentioned that Norton Internet Security 2012 had been released. I have a subscription to Norton Internet Security and I was on version 2011 but I had not been told about the new release so I checked and I could download it. All my client data is on a network hard disk (with RAID 1) but I run my Digita software, Outlook pst file and QuickBooks data on my C drive due to issues I have had in the past. I backup my data on the C drive but not always every day.
I downloaded NIS 2012 and installed it. After a few days I started to get messages that programmes couldn't run and that I had bad sectors. I thought my hard disk was going to fail. I am not super technical but I can understand some things. I checked a lot on my computer (which wasn't easy) and online. I started to think it wasn't my hard disk and it was an issue with NIS 2012. I removed all Norton software using their removal tool. I then ran chkdsk and within a few seconds it announced there were no errors.
Everything seems to be ok now. Because I was with my client I didn't back everything up before installing NIS 2012. I'm going to be extra careful until 31/01/12!
- Website Content 382 4
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 146 2
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 279 9
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 661 12
- Incorporated company charity 112 2
- property capital gains 315 3
- Closing down loss-making company 614 10
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 373 5
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 432 5
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,113 19
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 407 2
- Tips on meals 403 3
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 245 2
- Stumped - IHT 458 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 579 12
- Transferring DLA between Directors 381 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 154 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 867 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,439 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 168 3