Warning regarding Norton Internet Security 2012
Right now I am very busy with work. Many of my clients have been very late providing information this and I suspect it's because they are saving up to pay my fees. My efforts to chase some clients were successful so it's not all doom and gloom.
Last Monday a client came round and he mentioned that Norton Internet Security 2012 had been released. I have a subscription to Norton Internet Security and I was on version 2011 but I had not been told about the new release so I checked and I could download it. All my client data is on a network hard disk (with RAID 1) but I run my Digita software, Outlook pst file and QuickBooks data on my C drive due to issues I have had in the past. I backup my data on the C drive but not always every day.
I downloaded NIS 2012 and installed it. After a few days I started to get messages that programmes couldn't run and that I had bad sectors. I thought my hard disk was going to fail. I am not super technical but I can understand some things. I checked a lot on my computer (which wasn't easy) and online. I started to think it wasn't my hard disk and it was an issue with NIS 2012. I removed all Norton software using their removal tool. I then ran chkdsk and within a few seconds it announced there were no errors.
Everything seems to be ok now. Because I was with my client I didn't back everything up before installing NIS 2012. I'm going to be extra careful until 31/01/12!
- Business lending another business money (UK) 296 8
- Family Partnership 274 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 147 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 183 6
- Business trips - director and family 410 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 69 1
- Signed accounts for bank 655 15
- flat rate scheme 2,363 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 158 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 323 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 159 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 73 2
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 204 4
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 845 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 190 5
- VAT Query on new build 115 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 107 1
- P11D Car Value 269 6
- NOVA declaration 110 1
- Business valuation advice 711 18