Wear & Tear vs Replacement relief after April 2013 - change?
It's been the case that landlords letting furnished property could claim either the 10% wear and tear allowance, or the replacement relief, which I know is a concession by HMRC. I'm also aware that:
"Whatever basis is chosen must be followed consistently. It isn’t possible to chop and change between the wear and tear allowance and the renewals allowance from year to year."
Fine. Always stuck to that, however Nichola Ross Martin recently wrote an article saying that HMRC are withdrawing the replacement relief from April 2013. That being the case, a taxpayer previously using this method MUST now "chop and change".
That being the case, can we do it now in 2012 if we know the other method is effectively defunct?
- Professional coaching claimable? 73 1
- Sage instant account codes 115 1
- Networking 127 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 264 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 168 1
- Turnover on a tax return 297 8
- incorrect old p60 449 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 302 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,931 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 287 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 250 3
- VAT refund 182 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 260 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 268 3
- Missing tax return 392 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,127 30
- Inflation and fees 1,409 24
- Sage Priority Support 192 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 314 1