If this is deemed to be the wrong place for this posting, I can only say that I cannot access the posting option on any of the discussion groups, despite being a member.
I am about to run my sole trader business under a limited company name which is different from that of my sole trader name. I have purchased a domain name for the new company and my website hosting company have "pointed" it to the sole trader website. (Don't really understand what this means!).
I think it best to have a new website on the new domain name, but keeping the old website for the time being, as it has worked itself up the rankings to a very small extent. I think when the new website is ready, I need to have a one page notification on the old site pointing to the new site. Perhaps I need to have some of the key search words on this page to keep up with the ranking? On the new website, would it be a good idea to mention the old soletrader name either prominently or discreetly, for both search engine reasons and also to reassure people who are looking me up based on an old mailshot letter that only showed my old website name and address?
Can you comment on my plans please? And do you have better ideas? I have had such problems with website design in the past I thought I would ask people who know first, before committing myself to yet another IT person.
- How much of your work is admin? 608 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 85 1
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 38 1
- Nominal Ledger 377 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 545 20
- Running two businesses from the same premises 383 4
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 191 2
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 179 2
- Old CGT loss 196 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 154 3
- Paper tax return 143 4
- Start up allowance? 367 12
- Will I need to resign? 158 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,350 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 243 3
- AIA or IFA 448 7
- Surely not? 453 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 637 9
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 357 7
- Late Registration for VAT 359 11