What advice would you give your "first year in practice" self?
I'm about to set up in practice on my own having been an employee in practice for many years.
I know there will be a lot of learning "on the job" but I was wondering if members had any tips to help me hit the ground running. Paraphrasing all those "letters to your 16 year old self type" books, what advice would you give yourself in your first year in practice?
Thanks in advance!
- Closing down loss-making company 149 3
- AccountingWEB survey 437 8
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,055 31
- Virus alert! Anyone get this email today? 748 10
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 730 5
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 291 1
- Mortgage Reference 671 9
- BrightPay quirks 339 5
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,382 50
- VAT disaggregation 144 2
- Gift aid procedure please? 548 6
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 87 1
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 439 11
- Xerocon 2016 1,347 38
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 247 2
- Appointment of director 119 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 228 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 295 3
- Rounding errors on CT600 371 7
- Insovent companies 932 19