What am I missing here?
Trying to keep things as brief as possible, I've just taken a client from an unqual (who actually masqueraded as fca, but that's another story).
Husband & Wife Limited Company- both are directors and wife is secretary. So far so good- ish.
My main concern is the shares issued- Company now 3 years old and the original mem & arts just say " £1 ordinary shares". Husband subscribed one share.
But the last two Annual Returns and Accounts clearly show one "A" ord for husband and one "B" ord for wife. "B" ord does not participate in any dividends.
There's no sign of anything anywhere about the changes in the classes of shares and I'm now beginning to think my predecessor just dreamed it up probably when Arctic Systems was grabbing headlines.
The client has no paperwork at all, and no recollection of anything just says "the Accountant dealt with all that"......
The former accountant left a trail of utter devastation and errors in his wake. I've been so busy rectifying everything else I'm now in brainfade. Former accountant has not replied to any correspondence from me.
What am I missing here? Or have Companies House also missed these "new" shares?
And if this is dreamwork, my question is..... How does it get rectified?
- Dazed & confused 304 5
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 179 3
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,726 71
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 94 2
- Goerge fixes PAs for long period 98 2
- Are HMRC getting it right? 259 7
- trading or dormant 234 6
- Is Hold over relief available? 179 6
- Payroll Liabilities 91 2
- SAGE con 278 6
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 127 4
- Charity reserves 157 5
- Part-time work - advice please? 106 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,650 18
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 288 5
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 166 12
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 157 2
- Tax efficient holding company structure 307 1
- Property scam victim 138 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 144 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,032
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 561
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 370
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 278
- Charge out rates in London? 217
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 215
- Personal consumption by landlord 185
- Interest on Loan to a Company 176
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 153
- Agent fees to sell business 148