What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Renting property to yourself 396 10
- Pension contributions limits 246 11
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,906 50
- share capital calculation 96 6
- pre letting expenses 98 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 150 4
- Ltd Company 103 4
- Who owns SAGE Data? 285 5
- Dispensation pointless ? 76 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 145 6
- Is there a time limit on VAT claims on DIY barn conversions? 42 1
- Dividend payments to spouses 256 5
- VAT on part of a closed pub 143 8
- Child benefit - higher earnings threshold £50K 67 1
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 215 6
- Facebook Management 672 8
- Is all training VATable? 50 1
- Several employments - large tax bill remaining 177 3
- Flat rate vat error 195 4
- Accountant software 373 10
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 695
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 497
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 464
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 282
- How to format a stock book 248
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 204
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 201
- Tax efficient holding company structure 187
- Investment property company accounts template 183
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 173