What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- I have missing sales invoices 335 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 182 1
- is my company accounts right? 640 16
- Invoice Help 346 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 215 8
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 336 5
- What are options for non CA firm 2,391 51
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 347 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 937 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,042 26
- Directors Subsistence 181 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 239 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 417 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 264 3
- Final year's accounts 333 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,911 27
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,484 20
- Free Shares ? 329 6
- Dividend dates 333 6
- Sxx rather than sxx 303 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 552
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 314
- Cancelled 264
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 223
- Married woman dies owning marital home 216
- Probiz 205
- What's the market like for temps? 200
- CIS Deductions 162
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 158