What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Error in audited accounts 125 2
- Pratice Management Software 169 3
- Use of home query 99 2
- IT advisory questions? 263 7
- signature required 549 22
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 263 6
- Vat registration exception 201 3
- CIS software 96 2
- Homing sandwiches 478 11
- CT600 137 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 193 7
- Settlement discount 157 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 521 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 195 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 178 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 137 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 221 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 141 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 192 2
- Related Party Transactions 133 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,254
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 821
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 526
- Digita Hosted Software 342
- Credit where credit's due....... 318
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 245
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 202
- TheTax Donut 185
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 166
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 165