What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 439 15
- Profit and Loss Account Adjustments 68 4
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 35 1
- Who can wind up a Promissory Trust? 74 2
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 384 16
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 416 13
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 198 2
- MAAT signing off ACCA PER? 292 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 188 1
- tax insider 309 4
- Auto-Enrolment 214 3
- Annual subs 174 2
- Statement of Earnings, no P45 160 2
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 193 2
- Mileage and Self Assessment 172 1
- ICAEW professional subscription and tax implications 236 4
- CGT Relief on Share Sale in LTD company 338 5
- Problems filing paper copies of accounts / computations with HMRC 504 9
- Payroll Manager not reoprting properly 332 7
- Directors remuneration declared after year end PAYE/NIC 613 25
- Skandia using wrong address 1,410
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 725
- Any views 660
- HMRC Employers Diary 493
- International interest certificate 410
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 368
- Sale of business 315
- NOVA 224
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 221
- Advertising services? 218