What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Please tell me what to do!! 57 2
- When & How much of Income to recognise 84 2
- Cash basis 90 4
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 199 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 320 14
- Cash basis 734 27
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,951 31
- 5th April 50 1
- Undeclared rental income 2,537 23
- Company buy back of shares from directors 80 2
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 520 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 323 9
- Rental income 115 2
- s455 Directors loan 173 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 68 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,181 8
- Non resident capital gains 87 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 419 12
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 342 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 536 6
- Skandia using wrong address 603
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 325
- Employee rewards 302
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 271
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 237
- Etax Australian 199
- LLP in Construction Industry 162
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 149
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 138
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 132