What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 94 2
- Closing down loss-making company 159 3
- AccountingWEB survey 447 8
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,075 31
- Virus alert! Anyone get this email today? 753 10
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 744 5
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 297 1
- Mortgage Reference 676 9
- BrightPay quirks 341 5
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,383 50
- VAT disaggregation 147 2
- Gift aid procedure please? 549 6
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 439 11
- Xerocon 2016 1,350 38
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 254 2
- Appointment of director 123 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 229 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 296 3
- Rounding errors on CT600 371 7
- Insovent companies 932 19