What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,535 31
- Company Structure 367 9
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 274 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 550 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 501 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 114 3
- Time recording 179 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 259 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 162 2
- Land Registry 273 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 967 13
- Auto Enrolment 674 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 808 19
- Company Number 10000000 427 4
- Advertising Tips? 346 7
- IR35 369 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 431 12
- Revenue phishing examples 284 1
- iris update 11.9.2 247 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 736
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 435
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 370
- Directors' advances and credits 287
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 235
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 211
- CGT for NOn UK residents 196