What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 975 29
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 51 1
- Project being run jointly 183 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 297 4
- Companies House 585 9
- Dress code 349 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 116 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 317 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 721 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,421 25
- What would you do in this situation? 599 13
- Help Required 382 10
- directors control and tax problems 242 5
- Fastest Software 795 13
- What's in a name ? 357 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 274 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 459 15
- Bulk Invoicing 186 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 170 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 255 2
- CTA study material 712
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 433
- Employment related securities question 273
- AIM Stocks and IHT 251
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 207
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 200
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 197
- Expat pension contributions? 192
- Trust for Employee 192
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 164