What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,459 5
- How much does the company pay 64 2
- Help with CGT please 81 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 110 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 308 6
- Benefit in Kind 290 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 319 17
- Will I need to resign? 934 11
- Cocaine anyone? 664 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 255 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 153 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 197 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 180 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 845 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 547 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 717 13
- Personal pension 451 9
- Business rates consultancy 273 4
- Wrong tax code 186 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 112 2
- Hive up 515
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 476
- corporate hierarchy 455
- Advice - 299
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 245
- WWOOFers 241
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 222
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 198
- The booking.com con 183
- Cocaine anyone? 168