What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,696 61
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 280 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 830 20
- The importance of Grammar 903 24
- New starter - tax code 181 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 122 2
- PI cover 105 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 128 2
- HMRC site down ? 167 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 141 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 203 3
- Xero Pain Points 258 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 94 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 122 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 163 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 385 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 153 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 594 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 234 3
- Childcare 276 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 361
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 299
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 286
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 280
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 273
- Electric Car 225
- S222 Charge 203
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 197
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 175