What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- PRR 418 14
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 173 13
- Corp Tax Refund 134 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,755 477
- Email hacker for hire ... 322 8
- Fees for Property Tax Return 482 15
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 96 10
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 258 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 57 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 177 1
- Audit partner? 238 6
- Losses on FHL Property 96 1
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 244 5
- Has anyone encountered this scenario 127 1
- corp tax software 968 13
- Does anyone use quotation software? 306 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,616 72
- Can't read my handwriting 556 12
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 695 15
- Is this fraud? 849 13
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,365
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 510
- National Insurance 404
- Non Resident 315
- Hands on experience of Digita 237
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 216
- Employer's Helpline 185
- CIS paid under reg 9 174
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 144
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 138