What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Reregister for VAT 110 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 190 6
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 263 3
- Weely paid employees 236 3
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 124 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 444 11
- Director's tax return 253 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 201 6
- Value pricing 676 23
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 81 2
- Wrong career 458 18
- Payroo Employer allowance query 132 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 273 7
- Laptop purchase 1,378 20
- PTP software disaster 265 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 224 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 99 2
- Tricky VAT question 177 1
- VT accounts licence key 267 5
- Splitting the tax year 113 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 793
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 548
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 413
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 292
- Free Tax Legislation? 263
- Director Loan account operation 244
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 238
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159