What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- any implications of this type of transaction 27 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,675 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 93 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 268 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,026 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 259 7
- Sage data 100 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 419 9
- Limited company buying a car 357 6
- Funding Circle experience 142 3
- Excel query 108 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,288 13
- Payment on account penalties 118 3
- Tax on free shares 134 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 205 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 124 1
- Audit 488 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 125 3
- Buying a horse?? 428 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 194 2
- CTA study material 804
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 494
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 460
- Employment related securities question 321
- AIM Stocks and IHT 308
- Expat pension contributions? 281
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 278
- Trust for Employee 256
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 231
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 160