What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Company car in the LLP 213 3
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 215 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 1,108 9
- Time to react ? ? ? 352 5
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 250 6
- Company Share Buy Back 177 3
- Hello 397 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 965 16
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,913 53
- Sage 200 question 150 2
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 156 3
- flat rate scheme 1,954 38
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 155 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 650 9
- Charitable Payment 224 4
- Unpaid share capital 270 3
- Physiotherapy 357 4
- New build property to be rented 217 4
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 139 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 226 5