What are the deemed proceeds?
I'm having a 'blonde' moment!!
I have a client who is a private hire driver and he has been claiming capital allowances on his car. At the beginning of the 2011/12 tax year has a WDV of around £6000.
During the year he gave the car to his girlfriend (and transferred logbook etc.) for free and rented a car for the remainder of the year.
Obviously there is a disposal to be dealt with, but do I claim the remaining balancing allowance of £6,000 seeing as the proceeds are nil?
Or is there a problem due to the car being given to his girlfriend? My gut feeling is that I need to deem the proceeds at market value or WDV???
Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
- Additional information attached to accounts 174 2
- CIS Software 105 1
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 80 5
- Company assets 359 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 217 6
- MoneySoft 161 2
- Late RTI filing re SMP 86 1
- Best way to advise a limited company client 60 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 658 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 143 2
- Self assessment 144 1
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 142 2
- Claiming VAT 124 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,118 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 176 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 272 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 270 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 152 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 510 9
- Director resignation 740 21
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 503
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 477
- Is there anything wrong with this? 278
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 266
- Uncommercial property business 241
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 204
- Registering online CWF1 183
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 179
- Accrued income scheme 179
- VAT - registration needed? 177