What are the risks?
I met a new potential client yesterday who has a one man band limited company. The current accountant does everything, according to the potential client.
He had no accounts, no company documents, no cert of incorporation, no register, no articles, etc, even though his home is the registered office, and he assumes they are all with the accountant. He had never heard of dividend vouchers or Directors Loan account. He doesn't know whether he gets Directors remuneration. He just gets a call from the accountant saying he needs to spend some money!!!!!!
This is so different to our way of doing things so I explained that if he liked the current accountants way of doing things then he wouldn't be very happy with us, but he is keen to find an accountant more local to his home.
I haven't quoted yet because I haven't enough information, but I do wonder if I am wasting my time and the clients money, by insisting everything is done correctly. I meet clients like this quite often and the lack of proper records, documentation, etc. never seems to cause a problem, and some clients think we are being pedantic by insisting on them, so is it worth bothering about for the really small companies?
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 106 4
- White van man 410 20
- Writing down allowance / AIA 97 4
- Worried over stock value 203 4
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 71 1
- foreign income 121 2
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 175 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 301 5
- STUDENT LOAN 81 1
- Bookkeeping question 595 6
- wave software 223 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 354 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 234 3
- Backdate C79? 166 2
- Entertaining - definition? 307 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 366 10
- SA1 Online 102 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 103 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 98 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 359 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 823
- Copy Wanted 548
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 505
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 487
- Latest phishing scam 345
- Entrepreneurs' relief 317
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 287
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 279
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 274
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 182