What to do about the National Insurance Number if Director is foreign national

I need to register a client company for a PAYE scheme.

Company is UK registered, employee would be UK resident with a National Insurance number but the sole Director is a German and lives in Germany and has no UK NI number.

HMRC have written to say that they cannot register the company without the director's NI number.

Please could anyone advise how to go about this? Thanks


There are 11 comments. Login or register to view them.

Have you tried ...

Euan MacLennan |
Euan MacLennan's picture

No, I shall try now

aadil |

Dummy NI number as advised by employer's helpline.

Joy Eziefula |


Democratus |
Democratus's picture

HMRC are going to have to allow something

frustratedwithhmrc |
frustratedwithhmrc's picture


George Attazder |
George Attazder's picture

HMRC have refused

aadil |


frustratedwithhmrc |
frustratedwithhmrc's picture

Duplicate comment

frustratedwithhmrc |
frustratedwithhmrc's picture


Annetax |
Annetax's picture

What we do...

aeXea |