What to do now
I have recently finished level 4 of AAT & now I am a full member :)
I don’t need to go on for my job, but if the opportunity arises I might like to continue my studies in accountancy.
The problem is there is a lot of different courses out there & I don’t know what is best.
I know from my studies I didn’t really like the management side of accounting, I prefer the financial side - so that rules CIMA out.
ACCA has been recommended to me by our auditors, but it’s quite expensive & would take at least another 4 / 10 years.
I have heard of the others CIPFA, ICAEW & ICAS but are they as good as ACCA, or do they just cater to different areas in accounting?
Any advice would be great
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 128 3
- Wear and tear allowance 416 9
- VAT Turnover 37 1
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 68 1
- HMRC - No Deadline to Respond? 95 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 294 5
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 109 4
- Company purchase of shares 263 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 98 2
- VAT QUESTION 137 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 1,094 14
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,218 15
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 211 13
- Why should I retain membership? 2,238 35
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 486 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 668 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 161 5
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 96 1
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 164 1
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,626 41
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 683
- Auto enrolment excuses 620
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 362
- Social investment tax relief 174
- Call Centre Data Costs 174
- Digita Hosted Software 169
- option to tax 155
- VAT on deposits 138
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 134
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 130