What to do now
I have recently finished level 4 of AAT & now I am a full member :)
I don’t need to go on for my job, but if the opportunity arises I might like to continue my studies in accountancy.
The problem is there is a lot of different courses out there & I don’t know what is best.
I know from my studies I didn’t really like the management side of accounting, I prefer the financial side - so that rules CIMA out.
ACCA has been recommended to me by our auditors, but it’s quite expensive & would take at least another 4 / 10 years.
I have heard of the others CIPFA, ICAEW & ICAS but are they as good as ACCA, or do they just cater to different areas in accounting?
Any advice would be great
- VAT on employee loan 249 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 631 28
- Accountants website 314 4
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 44 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 88 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 333 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,394 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 205 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 395 6
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 149 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 195 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 181 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 709 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 147 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 79 2
- Purchased Goodwill 125 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 101 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 212 4
- Recruitment agencies 589 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 530 20
- New Fangled Penalties 1,079
- Moving away from CCH software 930
- QROP pension input amounts 424
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 337
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 263
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 236
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 211
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189