What to do now
I have recently finished level 4 of AAT & now I am a full member :)
I don’t need to go on for my job, but if the opportunity arises I might like to continue my studies in accountancy.
The problem is there is a lot of different courses out there & I don’t know what is best.
I know from my studies I didn’t really like the management side of accounting, I prefer the financial side - so that rules CIMA out.
ACCA has been recommended to me by our auditors, but it’s quite expensive & would take at least another 4 / 10 years.
I have heard of the others CIPFA, ICAEW & ICAS but are they as good as ACCA, or do they just cater to different areas in accounting?
Any advice would be great
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 240 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 449 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 530 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 138 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 279 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 102 2
- Limited company buying a car 123 3
- ACCA practice certificates 489 5
- Limited company buying director's car 284 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 67 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 79 1
- WC's and capital allowances 171 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 299 13
- Dress code 1,539 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 474 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 253 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 373 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 468 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 177 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 104 3
- CTA study material 765
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 476
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 394
- Employment related securities question 307
- AIM Stocks and IHT 279
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 257
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 233
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 170
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 147