What do you do?
I seem to have had a glut of new clients all on the VAT Flat rate scheme. Although these are very profitable businesses they don't want to pay any extra fees, so have self-registered, and have prepared their own VAT returns. I explained the basics of Flat Rate VAT, the discount, and the need to keep copies of the VAT submission and the working papers so we could verify the VAT.
Accounts are now coming in for preparation, and as you may already have guessed, no copy returns, no workings, and further discussion revealed that VAT was calculated on net sales, and even the wrong % used in a couple of cases!!!!!
I provided one with a spreadsheet template but then ended up answering loads of email queries about preparing VAT returns but they wouldn't come in (or pay) for 'proper training'.
What do you do with clients that want to 'DIY' but don't listen to you, and won't pay for training or spend time finding out how to do it properly?
I know I can get rid of the clients, or put up their fees, but I would like to stop this happening altogether, rather than just deal with it after the event.
Any ideas, or recommendations, would be appreciated.
- How to claim CIS refund for limited company that 187 4
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 194 9
- Moneysoft - technical query 258 7
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,220 50
- VAT position on EU supplies/commission 119 3
- VAT Reverse Charge Accounting 33 2
- System selection 30 1
- New Client - incorrect accounts filed 58 2
- Exasperated by HMRC 2,210 20
- Non Resident Landlord Tax 84 2
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 152 4
- Manufacturing A/c - Acc. depn 54 2
- VAT REGISTATIONS 143 3
- New Company Director PAYE Question 815 22
- Class 4 Losses 155 3
- Taking drawings in a partnership 74 1
- Issue shares to shareholders 72 3
- Education - Pre made assembly! 115 1
- Remove Extinguished Charge 124 1
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 381 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 345
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 282
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 255
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 253
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 243
- Electric Car 198
- S222 Charge 186
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 177
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 176
- Freelance Accounting link 165