What do you do?
I seem to have had a glut of new clients all on the VAT Flat rate scheme. Although these are very profitable businesses they don't want to pay any extra fees, so have self-registered, and have prepared their own VAT returns. I explained the basics of Flat Rate VAT, the discount, and the need to keep copies of the VAT submission and the working papers so we could verify the VAT.
Accounts are now coming in for preparation, and as you may already have guessed, no copy returns, no workings, and further discussion revealed that VAT was calculated on net sales, and even the wrong % used in a couple of cases!!!!!
I provided one with a spreadsheet template but then ended up answering loads of email queries about preparing VAT returns but they wouldn't come in (or pay) for 'proper training'.
What do you do with clients that want to 'DIY' but don't listen to you, and won't pay for training or spend time finding out how to do it properly?
I know I can get rid of the clients, or put up their fees, but I would like to stop this happening altogether, rather than just deal with it after the event.
Any ideas, or recommendations, would be appreciated.
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 52 2
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 94 5
- Box CP18 CT600 59 1
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 687 29
- new capital structure ltd with investors 317 6
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 768 11
- Gift to employee 185 4
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 336 5
- Growing pains 230 3
- Unfurnished properties allowable replacement expenditure 90 2
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 111 3
- Capital or revenue expense? 47 1
- Capital or revenue expense? 65 1
- VAT on land sale 266 8
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,747 25
- NOMINAL CODES 149 2
- Any Need to Formally "Sack" Client Company? 522 8
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 371 10
- Who can I refer leads to? 427 9
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 194 3
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 440
- CTA study material 398
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 256
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 232
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 225
- Slight twist on employment related securities 201
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 165
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 151