What do you do?
I seem to have had a glut of new clients all on the VAT Flat rate scheme. Although these are very profitable businesses they don't want to pay any extra fees, so have self-registered, and have prepared their own VAT returns. I explained the basics of Flat Rate VAT, the discount, and the need to keep copies of the VAT submission and the working papers so we could verify the VAT.
Accounts are now coming in for preparation, and as you may already have guessed, no copy returns, no workings, and further discussion revealed that VAT was calculated on net sales, and even the wrong % used in a couple of cases!!!!!
I provided one with a spreadsheet template but then ended up answering loads of email queries about preparing VAT returns but they wouldn't come in (or pay) for 'proper training'.
What do you do with clients that want to 'DIY' but don't listen to you, and won't pay for training or spend time finding out how to do it properly?
I know I can get rid of the clients, or put up their fees, but I would like to stop this happening altogether, rather than just deal with it after the event.
Any ideas, or recommendations, would be appreciated.
- Payroo Employer allowance query 175 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,024 33
- vat return 245 3
- Flat rate vat 80 1
- Value pricing 715 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 147 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 180 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 284 4
- Reregister for VAT 131 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 197 6
- Weely paid employees 243 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 476 11
- Director's tax return 286 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 216 6
- Wrong career 479 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 289 7
- Laptop purchase 1,394 20
- PTP software disaster 281 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 235 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 103 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 798
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 550
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 416
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 294
- Free Tax Legislation? 267
- Director Loan account operation 245
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 240
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 239
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 159