What do you do?
We are a very small practice. My wife does payroll for about 40 clients, about 30 weekly. Now we are coming to that time of year where we are closed next week. Most of them are quite happy for us to do 2 weeks payroll in advance. However there are 1 or 2 who are saying i'll send it to you Saturday because I won't know until then. They won't estimate it because they are worried they might have to pay out an extra £1 or £2 and won't amend in January.
Now, I remember when I originally started in the 1980s and worked in my father's practice. Wednesday and Thursday was wages day and that was. I can just imagine the lady who did payroll then putting up with this. She'd say in advance or not at all. What does everyone else do. I can't imagine many preparing payroll on Xmas Eve!!!
- A few questions.... any help? 18 1
- HMRC turning post around in 11 - 12 weeks? 198 8
- Companies House? 165 3
- Defer,Accrue & Wip 48 1
- Rental Expenses 85 6
- UK tax exposure 189 3
- regulated mortgage work? 74 1
- Echosign mail merge? 275 1
- Before I call employers helpline 202 1
- VAT refund 385 4
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 230 3
- flat rate scheme 326 7
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 215 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 544 6
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 131 3
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 276 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,046 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 180 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 195 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 134 1