What is Error Message 1046
Withj only a few limited ocmpany clients we have been using the HMRC template for filing CT600 and accounts in iXBRL (pending trials of commercial software). The software is far from satisfactory but we've managed about half a dozen so far. Today's attempt has thrown up a new problem. After successful submission to Companies House, the submission to HMRC keeps failing. I get Error Code 1046 and the message "Authentication Failure. The supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service".
I spent half an hour on the phone to the supposed Help Desk. After following instructions to amend certain security settings, the guy said it was because of a leading 0 in the company registration number (although this was the number inserted automatically when I downloaded the template). Eventually he logged the call to be passed to the Technical Dept. In the meantime I downloaded template (which interestingly showed a company number WITHOUT the leading 0) and created anew set of accounts and CT600 with otherwise identical info. Got exactly the same error!
Anyone got any suggestions at all?
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 59 3
- USA Tax Query 78 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,628 25
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 516 11
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 920 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 144 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 190 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 573 18
- Corrupt Excel File 666 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 335 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,954 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,165 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 280 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 368 7
- Personal Tax 410 10
- Xerocon 2016 930 18
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 126 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 228 4
- last minute request 454 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,237 46