What is Error Message 1046
Withj only a few limited ocmpany clients we have been using the HMRC template for filing CT600 and accounts in iXBRL (pending trials of commercial software). The software is far from satisfactory but we've managed about half a dozen so far. Today's attempt has thrown up a new problem. After successful submission to Companies House, the submission to HMRC keeps failing. I get Error Code 1046 and the message "Authentication Failure. The supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service".
I spent half an hour on the phone to the supposed Help Desk. After following instructions to amend certain security settings, the guy said it was because of a leading 0 in the company registration number (although this was the number inserted automatically when I downloaded the template). Eventually he logged the call to be passed to the Technical Dept. In the meantime I downloaded template (which interestingly showed a company number WITHOUT the leading 0) and created anew set of accounts and CT600 with otherwise identical info. Got exactly the same error!
Anyone got any suggestions at all?
- Cashflow forecasting software 241 3
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,897 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 240 4
- Turnover on a tax return 180 7
- incorrect old p60 390 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 228 3
- VAT refund 129 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 209 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 258 3
- Missing tax return 379 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,100 30
- Inflation and fees 1,395 24
- Sage Priority Support 182 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 835 24
- Micro-entity accounts 268 1
- Related party disclosure 224 3
- Company reconstruction 158 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 244 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 166 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 187 1