What happened to the audit
Mrs Smith’s greed and dishonesty have brought disaster to her family.”
According to the judgement passed down by the court the fraud began on June 3, 2005, two months after Mr Smith’s retirement, when Mrs Smith arranged for £29,252.60 to be paid from Glen Dimplex to the couple’s joint account at the St Helens branch of Natwest.
More than £2.1m was transferred into the couple’s joint account or their individual accounts over the next five years without suspicion being raised.
An extra £700,000 was paid directly from Glen Dimplex to Mrs Lewis’ Barclays bank account over the same period.
In the High Court hearing her 65-year-old husband claimed he had been “duped” and had no idea where the money was coming from.
Mr Smith said after the downsizing of their home and the subsequent release of equity and his pay-off and pension he thought they were “cash rich”.
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 61 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 606 16
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 143 3
- Dividend payment date 2,166 37
- VAT online filing exemptions 105 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 149 2
- One off meeting new client 1,383 13
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,365 55
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,706 29
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 286 6
- Child tax credits 209 4
- transitioning payroll 108 2
- Deduction from Salary 143 4
- Car leasing scheme 221 1
- 12 Pay Problems 175 2
- PITA client 553 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 464 11
- Right to waive dividend 141 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,439 34
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,751 29
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 617
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 340
- Cancelled 301
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 273
- Probiz 262
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 213
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 196
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 167