What happened to the audit
Mrs Smith’s greed and dishonesty have brought disaster to her family.”
According to the judgement passed down by the court the fraud began on June 3, 2005, two months after Mr Smith’s retirement, when Mrs Smith arranged for £29,252.60 to be paid from Glen Dimplex to the couple’s joint account at the St Helens branch of Natwest.
More than £2.1m was transferred into the couple’s joint account or their individual accounts over the next five years without suspicion being raised.
An extra £700,000 was paid directly from Glen Dimplex to Mrs Lewis’ Barclays bank account over the same period.
In the High Court hearing her 65-year-old husband claimed he had been “duped” and had no idea where the money was coming from.
Mr Smith said after the downsizing of their home and the subsequent release of equity and his pay-off and pension he thought they were “cash rich”.
- Statement of Accounts 38 3
- GP's Annual Certificate of Pensionable Profits - Multiple Practices 127 2
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 2,800 91
- Solicitor wants to rent room in my office but 87 2
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 194 7
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 224 2
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 187 3
- Transfer of Software to sister company 169 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 323 4
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 140 1
- CGT history of shares 237 4
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 282 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 388 6
- CGT on sale of let property 168 2
- how do i get UTR 210 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 117 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 274 3
- Your comments please 366 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 224 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 163 2
- Moving away from CCH software 980
- QROP pension input amounts 456
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 402
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 388
- fraud 309
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 291
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 249
- Construction CIS LLP Company 234
- EPS and CIS deductions 228
- Out of time or not? 216