What happened to the audit
Mrs Smith’s greed and dishonesty have brought disaster to her family.”
According to the judgement passed down by the court the fraud began on June 3, 2005, two months after Mr Smith’s retirement, when Mrs Smith arranged for £29,252.60 to be paid from Glen Dimplex to the couple’s joint account at the St Helens branch of Natwest.
More than £2.1m was transferred into the couple’s joint account or their individual accounts over the next five years without suspicion being raised.
An extra £700,000 was paid directly from Glen Dimplex to Mrs Lewis’ Barclays bank account over the same period.
In the High Court hearing her 65-year-old husband claimed he had been “duped” and had no idea where the money was coming from.
Mr Smith said after the downsizing of their home and the subsequent release of equity and his pay-off and pension he thought they were “cash rich”.
- VAT Invoice 243 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 102 1
- Cash in Hand 198 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 203 5
- are receipts needed? 642 17
- SA302's anyone?? 629 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 339 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 160 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 360 12
- Busines software 194 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 222 6
- Converting a barn for business use 192 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 324 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 332 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 499 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 347 3
- Bookkeping software 742 7
- Clogged Losses 293 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 288 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 673 10
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 911
- International interest certificate 525
- NOVA 375
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 337
- Management expenses for investment company 279
- Bonus Bonds 277
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 187
- EXACT ONLINE 172
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 168