What have others done in this situation?
My client has placed funds with a Financial Adviser who has acquired investments, collected income, issued a consolidated tax certificate etc. The FA has also provided details of disposlas of listed investments in a neat schedule that could easily be attached as a pdf to the tax return. The only problem is that the schedule doesn't show the acquisition dates of the investments, something that I believe HMRC requires.
There have been 22 disposals (total proceeds £35,000) with 19 gains totalling £1,600 but 3 losses totalling £200. Disclosure is required by HMRC due to the incidence of losses.
My client is reluctant to pay me to enter 22 transactions that are of no significance to his overall tax position, and I don't blame him.
The only idea I have is to not claim the losses, with the idea that the gains themselves are not required to be disclosed (below the disclosure limits on Page TRG5 of the Tax Return Guide). Does this sound a sensible approach or is there something I am missing please?
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,645 28
- do i need an online accounting software 47 2
- Moneysoft Payroll 603 13
- VAT Triangulation Service UK - UK - EC 150 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,593 28
- Who gets the CGT deduction 271 4
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 634 9
- Property gift to sister 226 6
- VAT training 357 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 279 7
- 31st october deadline 391 6
- RTI Late Registration query 155 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 265 2
- Payroll software 187 1
- Accounting for display stands 279 7
- Companies House Search 330 3
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 343 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,544 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 337 3
- A Friday Funny. 379 5
- NHS finance professionals 713
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 431
- Foreign Pension Contribution 406
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 390
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 385
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 344
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 304
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 286
- IFA income recognition & reporting 227
- Incorporating doctors 226