What have others done in this situation?
My client has placed funds with a Financial Adviser who has acquired investments, collected income, issued a consolidated tax certificate etc. The FA has also provided details of disposlas of listed investments in a neat schedule that could easily be attached as a pdf to the tax return. The only problem is that the schedule doesn't show the acquisition dates of the investments, something that I believe HMRC requires.
There have been 22 disposals (total proceeds £35,000) with 19 gains totalling £1,600 but 3 losses totalling £200. Disclosure is required by HMRC due to the incidence of losses.
My client is reluctant to pay me to enter 22 transactions that are of no significance to his overall tax position, and I don't blame him.
The only idea I have is to not claim the losses, with the idea that the gains themselves are not required to be disclosed (below the disclosure limits on Page TRG5 of the Tax Return Guide). Does this sound a sensible approach or is there something I am missing please?
- 5th April 281 10
- Company buy back of shares from directors 200 11
- Please tell me what to do!! 331 8
- VAT on exports to EU 80 1
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,988 33
- Cash basis 138 5
- Cash basis 799 28
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 279 2
- Investor exit 252 4
- client threatening legal action 2,314 31
- When & How much of Income to recognise 139 2
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 240 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 346 14
- Undeclared rental income 2,590 23
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 575 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 336 9
- Rental income 162 2
- s455 Directors loan 220 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 77 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,195 8
- Skandia using wrong address 612
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 327
- Employee rewards 310
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 275
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 239
- Etax Australian 200
- LLP in Construction Industry 165
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 153
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 141
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 138