What have others done in this situation?
My client has placed funds with a Financial Adviser who has acquired investments, collected income, issued a consolidated tax certificate etc. The FA has also provided details of disposlas of listed investments in a neat schedule that could easily be attached as a pdf to the tax return. The only problem is that the schedule doesn't show the acquisition dates of the investments, something that I believe HMRC requires.
There have been 22 disposals (total proceeds £35,000) with 19 gains totalling £1,600 but 3 losses totalling £200. Disclosure is required by HMRC due to the incidence of losses.
My client is reluctant to pay me to enter 22 transactions that are of no significance to his overall tax position, and I don't blame him.
The only idea I have is to not claim the losses, with the idea that the gains themselves are not required to be disclosed (below the disclosure limits on Page TRG5 of the Tax Return Guide). Does this sound a sensible approach or is there something I am missing please?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 722 5
- See you all on the other side 738 6
- 12Pay 508 2
- dividends 711 2
- R&D 357 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,216 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 471 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 463 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 415 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 570 5
- Seeking a tax case 677 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 537 4
- Companies house strike off 636 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 474 2
- Moving to the cloud 776 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 225 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 938 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 231 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,113 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 528 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 574
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 428
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 362
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 343
- Capitalising Finance Lease 341
- Marginal rates of tax 329
- USA help 326
- Class 2 NI 321
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 304