What have others done in this situation?
My client has placed funds with a Financial Adviser who has acquired investments, collected income, issued a consolidated tax certificate etc. The FA has also provided details of disposlas of listed investments in a neat schedule that could easily be attached as a pdf to the tax return. The only problem is that the schedule doesn't show the acquisition dates of the investments, something that I believe HMRC requires.
There have been 22 disposals (total proceeds £35,000) with 19 gains totalling £1,600 but 3 losses totalling £200. Disclosure is required by HMRC due to the incidence of losses.
My client is reluctant to pay me to enter 22 transactions that are of no significance to his overall tax position, and I don't blame him.
The only idea I have is to not claim the losses, with the idea that the gains themselves are not required to be disclosed (below the disclosure limits on Page TRG5 of the Tax Return Guide). Does this sound a sensible approach or is there something I am missing please?
- Company asserts 91 1
- VAT on unused stock 49 1
- When to recover vat on bad debts 124 4
- Can't find a good web address 167 3
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 184 7
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 207 5
- effective advertising 240 6
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 190 8
- Software recommendations 313 2
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 151 3
- Edible spam? 804 16
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 307 5
- Put fees on website 291 6
- Director resignation 230 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,549 27
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,332 4
- Sigma Red 1,418 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 346 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 114 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 194 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 480
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 466
- WIP Software 338
- No payroll scheme in place 291
- Is there anything wrong with this? 260
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 255
- Small Part Disposal of Property 230
- Uncommercial property business 229
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 194
- SA Penalty 183