What have others done in this situation?
My client has placed funds with a Financial Adviser who has acquired investments, collected income, issued a consolidated tax certificate etc. The FA has also provided details of disposlas of listed investments in a neat schedule that could easily be attached as a pdf to the tax return. The only problem is that the schedule doesn't show the acquisition dates of the investments, something that I believe HMRC requires.
There have been 22 disposals (total proceeds £35,000) with 19 gains totalling £1,600 but 3 losses totalling £200. Disclosure is required by HMRC due to the incidence of losses.
My client is reluctant to pay me to enter 22 transactions that are of no significance to his overall tax position, and I don't blame him.
The only idea I have is to not claim the losses, with the idea that the gains themselves are not required to be disclosed (below the disclosure limits on Page TRG5 of the Tax Return Guide). Does this sound a sensible approach or is there something I am missing please?
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 331 16
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 394 13
- Who can wind up a Promissory Trust? 54 1
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 186 2
- MAAT signing off ACCA PER? 270 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 179 1
- tax insider 291 4
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 416 13
- Auto-Enrolment 198 3
- Annual subs 161 2
- Statement of Earnings, no P45 149 2
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 178 2
- Mileage and Self Assessment 156 1
- ICAEW professional subscription and tax implications 219 4
- CGT Relief on Share Sale in LTD company 332 5
- Problems filing paper copies of accounts / computations with HMRC 494 9
- Payroll Manager not reoprting properly 318 7
- Directors remuneration declared after year end PAYE/NIC 603 25
- Advice please on best way forward 442 6
- I received penalty as I didn't submit full payment submission (fps), how to correct it? 347 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,410
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 721
- Any views 660
- HMRC Employers Diary 493
- International interest certificate 409
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 367
- Sale of business 313
- NOVA 224
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 219
- Advertising services? 217