What have others done in this situation?
My client has placed funds with a Financial Adviser who has acquired investments, collected income, issued a consolidated tax certificate etc. The FA has also provided details of disposlas of listed investments in a neat schedule that could easily be attached as a pdf to the tax return. The only problem is that the schedule doesn't show the acquisition dates of the investments, something that I believe HMRC requires.
There have been 22 disposals (total proceeds £35,000) with 19 gains totalling £1,600 but 3 losses totalling £200. Disclosure is required by HMRC due to the incidence of losses.
My client is reluctant to pay me to enter 22 transactions that are of no significance to his overall tax position, and I don't blame him.
The only idea I have is to not claim the losses, with the idea that the gains themselves are not required to be disclosed (below the disclosure limits on Page TRG5 of the Tax Return Guide). Does this sound a sensible approach or is there something I am missing please?
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 83 1
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,617 58
- HMRC site down ? 64 3
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 38 1
- The importance of Grammar 816 22
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 106 5
- Small hotel - food for personal use 160 2
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 119 2
- Xero Pain Points 208 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 330 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 138 4
- New starter - tax code 115 3
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 566 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 222 3
- Childcare 261 4
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 221 2
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 795 19
- New .accountant domain name extension 116 1
- VAT REGISTATIONS 207 4
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,466 18
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 359
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 296
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 281
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 278
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 269
- Electric Car 220
- S222 Charge 200
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 193
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 189
- Company Structure 170