What have others done in this situation?
My client has placed funds with a Financial Adviser who has acquired investments, collected income, issued a consolidated tax certificate etc. The FA has also provided details of disposlas of listed investments in a neat schedule that could easily be attached as a pdf to the tax return. The only problem is that the schedule doesn't show the acquisition dates of the investments, something that I believe HMRC requires.
There have been 22 disposals (total proceeds £35,000) with 19 gains totalling £1,600 but 3 losses totalling £200. Disclosure is required by HMRC due to the incidence of losses.
My client is reluctant to pay me to enter 22 transactions that are of no significance to his overall tax position, and I don't blame him.
The only idea I have is to not claim the losses, with the idea that the gains themselves are not required to be disclosed (below the disclosure limits on Page TRG5 of the Tax Return Guide). Does this sound a sensible approach or is there something I am missing please?
- Getting a business loan with a personal default 153 5
- WIP valuation at year end 278 6
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 125 2
- New Company formation - how to account for share capital vs directors loans 63 3
- HMRC debt collectors 45 1
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 636 12
- Can't vote dividends due to minority shareholder 416 10
- About your hairdresser clients 83 2
- Can I call Agent Dedicated line to request UTR be posted? 225 3
- Iris Upgrade Issue V11.7.0 603 8
- Capital Expenditure 80 2
- Selling Fees 286 5
- Great Service 1,061 13
- VAT implications of UK subsiduary recharging US Parent 103 4
- Funds received in advance of share issue 153 5
- Any printer recommendations? 321 8
- Anyone else getting phantom late PAYE payment notifications? 148 2
- German VAT registration? 144 3
- Speed of VAT registration 127 1
- Difficult handover 499 5
- Sanzar 518
- Digital marketing focus group 409
- Sainsbury's mangement 368
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 365
- Continuity Agreement 345
- Avanti Accounts 345
- Buyback 300
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 248
- Aggresive sales from Iris 231
- Charity volunteers and mileage 198