What have others done in this situation?
My client has placed funds with a Financial Adviser who has acquired investments, collected income, issued a consolidated tax certificate etc. The FA has also provided details of disposlas of listed investments in a neat schedule that could easily be attached as a pdf to the tax return. The only problem is that the schedule doesn't show the acquisition dates of the investments, something that I believe HMRC requires.
There have been 22 disposals (total proceeds £35,000) with 19 gains totalling £1,600 but 3 losses totalling £200. Disclosure is required by HMRC due to the incidence of losses.
My client is reluctant to pay me to enter 22 transactions that are of no significance to his overall tax position, and I don't blame him.
The only idea I have is to not claim the losses, with the idea that the gains themselves are not required to be disclosed (below the disclosure limits on Page TRG5 of the Tax Return Guide). Does this sound a sensible approach or is there something I am missing please?
- Sage payroll 636 14
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 275 16
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 253 3
- Client has been fined by HMRC 795 18
- LLP members share of profits 462 27
- VAT BOX 6 & 7 errors 66 4
- Consortium relief and bad debts 83 4
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,051 22
- VAT Option to tax 350 7
- Entrepreneurs Relief 94 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,013 17
- Laptop purchase 1,571 21
- CVA guidance 107 2
- BEST CPD COURSE 110 1
- Total cost of employment 283 3
- Accountancy software for an imac 265 6
- PAYE Coding Notices 525 10
- directors loan movements and repayments 244 3
- VAT registration for "co-operative" formed to provide flood defences 73 1
- Business travel apps 82 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 891
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 625
- Free Tax Legislation? 383
- Director Loan account operation 381
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 328
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 307
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 304
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 279
- Paye procedures for CVA 210
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 202