What have others done in this situation?
My client has placed funds with a Financial Adviser who has acquired investments, collected income, issued a consolidated tax certificate etc. The FA has also provided details of disposlas of listed investments in a neat schedule that could easily be attached as a pdf to the tax return. The only problem is that the schedule doesn't show the acquisition dates of the investments, something that I believe HMRC requires.
There have been 22 disposals (total proceeds £35,000) with 19 gains totalling £1,600 but 3 losses totalling £200. Disclosure is required by HMRC due to the incidence of losses.
My client is reluctant to pay me to enter 22 transactions that are of no significance to his overall tax position, and I don't blame him.
The only idea I have is to not claim the losses, with the idea that the gains themselves are not required to be disclosed (below the disclosure limits on Page TRG5 of the Tax Return Guide). Does this sound a sensible approach or is there something I am missing please?
- Website - Should I upgrade? 141 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,728 51
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 113 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 1,019 20
- Pattern for CTA 90 2
- Property scam victim 381 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 100 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 363 14
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 131 2
- Giving a seminar 265 14
- which software to use? 172 2
- jury service 230 6
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 170 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 221 7
- Checking a contract 130 3
- VAT on garage rent 251 12
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 142 5
- Related Parties Note 977 12
- Tasks for new trainees 310 7
- Discretionary trust reporting 140 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,125
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 585
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 388
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 294
- Interest on Loan to a Company 195
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 179
- Agent fees to sell business 171
- Alphabet shares 166
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 160
- Residency 91 day rule 150