What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 225 7
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 287 7
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 241 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 226 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 92 1
- General tax book with planning 222 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 142 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 188 1
- are receipts needed? 529 14
- Gift of property & improvements 149 3
- VAT Invoice 204 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 278 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 377 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,267 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 310 11
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 820 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 140 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 260 3
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 176 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 476 10
- Skandia using wrong address 1,622
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 903
- International interest certificate 514
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 306
- Management expenses for investment company 269
- Bonus Bonds 263
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 177
- P11D benefit received by widow 153
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 150