What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 250 1
- Very large share capital by mistake 204 1
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 358 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 411 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,977 45
- Love is in the air 319 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,696 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 241 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 397 8
- Client Paperwork Retention? 500 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 244 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 521 1
- Paying Son 656 18
- HMRC accounting 384 3
- Employers NI allowance 462 6
- Dividend taxation 388 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 293 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 189 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 272 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 456 4
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 277
- CGT for NOn UK residents 276
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 268
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 247
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 209
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 188