What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Flat rate scheme 125 3
- Drop box Storage 152 3
- Is this fraud? 190 4
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 258 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,156 413
- Saying goodbye 286 7
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 607 4
- Furnished lettings criteria 81 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 402 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 91 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 355 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 90 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 200 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 293 15
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 299 1
- Sportman claiming for training kit 963 10
- Naming new company 157 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 783 33
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 156 2
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 287 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,268
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 452
- National Insurance 351
- Non Resident 265
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 258
- Franchise income and costs 235
- Hands on experience of Digita 192
- Employer's Helpline 144
- employment capital allowances 134
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 130