What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 218 8
- VAT on garage rent 46 4
- Tasks for new trainees 78 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 56 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 23 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 532 15
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 45 1
- Offshore insurance bonds 94 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,629 46
- Property scam victim 288 4
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 208 5
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 237 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,798 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 157 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 129 2
- Partnership returns software 83 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 266 2
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 67 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 87 1
- company loss, Can he start again?? 153 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,082
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 570
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 381
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 285
- Charge out rates in London? 238
- Interest on Loan to a Company 184
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 171
- Agent fees to sell business 161
- Alphabet shares 157
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 150