What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- ACCA practice certificates 45 1
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 182 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,080 32
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 159 2
- What would you do in this situation? 680 14
- Dress code 504 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 518 16
- Project being run jointly 212 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 318 4
- Companies House 615 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 373 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 738 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,451 25
- Help Required 431 10
- directors control and tax problems 325 5
- Fastest Software 812 13
- What's in a name ? 416 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 328 4
- Bulk Invoicing 199 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 196 3
- CTA study material 717
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 441
- Employment related securities question 276
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 265
- AIM Stocks and IHT 254
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 234
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 219
- Expat pension contributions? 208
- Trust for Employee 205
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 187