What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 516 5
- See you all on the other side 647 6
- 12Pay 372 2
- dividends 503 2
- R&D 283 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,139 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 422 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 364 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 331 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 522 5
- Seeking a tax case 596 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 458 4
- Companies house strike off 468 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 371 2
- Moving to the cloud 716 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 866 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,074 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 468 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 546
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 413
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 363
- IRIS and FRS 102 345
- Capitalising Finance Lease 311
- USA help 308
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 285
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 279
- Capital gains on rental property 255
- Sage Coretime 230