What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 47 2
- AIA or IFA 329 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 290 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 309 7
- Late Registration for VAT 313 11
- Start up allowance? 228 9
- Old CGT loss 122 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 222 5
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 253 10
- Share structures 108 5
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,243 37
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,079 19
- Surely not? 222 8
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 300 5
- Business rates consultancy 197 3
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 143 4
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 577 8
- Are HMRC staff on early 502 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 181 2
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 199 9
- TheTax Donut 1,035
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 684
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 627
- Follower cases 491
- Limited company purchase of property 429
- Hive up 421
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 391
- corporate hierarchy 385
- LIVE chat, starting now 341
- Advice - 192