What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 63 1
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 150 4
- Late reply from HMRC 225 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 272 6
- VAT silly question 2,338 55
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,618 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,405 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,781 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 491 11
- Classic cars investment 184 5
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 197 3
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 226 8
- RTI - new employee 185 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 595 22
- H&W company 133 2
- BrightPay 546 14
- VAT registration 138 1
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 126 1
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,103 29
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 247 6
- Benchmarking 480
- Possible Partnership? 426
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 405
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 399
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 344
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 202
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 195
- Income tax on foreign dividends 181
- Clubs and Taxable Income 179
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 177