What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 784 37
- Tax Penalty overeaction 528 10
- 5% penalty on late payment 54 1
- New Boiler at Rental Property 218 3
- Ongoing trade? 214 4
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 43 1
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 97 2
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 717 19
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 135 3
- Can I undertake a solicitors audit? 221 4
- Freelance software consultant 280 3
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 143 1
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 225 1
- opening balamces 345 11
- Limited company closed payroll then changed its name: does it need to apply for a new PAYE reference to reinstate payroll? 288 4
- What is included in earnings for Carers Allowance purposes? 106 2
- payroo 196 3
- Which P45 to Use 280 3
- Auto enrolment 1,597 25
- PCP Car purchase 159 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 774
- Copy Wanted 486
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 450
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 448
- Latest phishing scam 277
- Entrepreneurs' relief 259
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 257
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 242
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 224
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 222