What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Unallocated client money 422 10
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 2,010 41
- Errors in prior year accounts 884 24
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,450 26
- Expenses Apps 256 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,694 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 550 10
- VAT & capitalising 154 3
- Final year's accounts 182 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 360 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 323 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 324 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 287 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 166 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,998 36
- Invoice Help 266 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 207 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 275 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 257 3
- Sorry ignore me 932 24
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 627
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 299
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 246
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 193
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 175
- What's the market like for temps? 169