What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 830 21
- SA302 184 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 103 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,052 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 253 2
- Dental practice incorpration 114 1
- Audit rules 154 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 231 5
- Go Cardless 266 8
- business entertaining deductibility 131 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 148 2
- R & D 105 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 81 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 111 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 166 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 157 1
- New Business Registration 217 5
- Hosted email exchange 135 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 152 1
- G P life time allowance 123 3
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 281
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 221
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 218
- New strategic report 172
- Domain name sale and limited company 159
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 151