What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- BTC is slow 264 3
- Voluntary Disclosure 218 2
- Director registration for SA question 462 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 190 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 348 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 503 22
- valuation of vehicles 406 16
- Business only use of company car 694 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 509 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 323 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 963 29
- New Company reviews please 550 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 316 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 275 2
- VAT with Russia 236 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 234 4
- Money Laundering Manual 304 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 251 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,123 29
- directors loan 373 8
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 304
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 245
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 240
- Any thoughts on Capium? 236
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 219
- auto enrolment 189
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 177
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 158
- How to account for investment in JV? 152
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 148