What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Director resignation 264 6
- Company asserts 118 1
- VAT on unused stock 79 1
- When to recover vat on bad debts 145 4
- Can't find a good web address 193 3
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 193 7
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 208 5
- effective advertising 275 6
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 198 8
- Software recommendations 316 2
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 169 3
- Edible spam? 807 16
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 323 5
- Put fees on website 313 6
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,581 27
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,353 4
- Sigma Red 1,438 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 350 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 125 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 207 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 483
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 467
- WIP Software 339
- No payroll scheme in place 293
- Is there anything wrong with this? 260
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 256
- Small Part Disposal of Property 230
- Uncommercial property business 230
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 194
- SA Penalty 187