What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 16 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 326 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 88 3
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 694 11
- Family Partnership 110 1
- Stand alone practice management software 2,012 31
- flat rate scheme 2,207 41
- HMRC Postal Delays 360 10
- Can anybody recommend any software 139 1
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,351 14
- Legal advisor recommendation please 259 5
- Closure of PAYE scheme 180 2
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 183 2
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 184 3
- Termination Payment 504 15
- Company Share Buy Back 342 8
- P11D Car Value 131 2
- Business lending another business money (UK) 250 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 301 5
- bookkeeping system 699 9