What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK

I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.

Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.

When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.

A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.

Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?

There are 2 comments. Login or register to view them.

It's all

Richard Willis |
Richard Willis's picture

The client must charge VAT if

Kev70 |