What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 219 6
- Do I need a smartphone? 2,032 73
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,434 25
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,958 47
- inflation rate year on year 195 4
- Accounts Question 171 5
- Deleted question? 769 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,228 67
- MAAT vs ACCA 740 13
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 672 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 464 4
- VAT Return Errors 210 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 175 5
- Yorkshire Day 627 38
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 203 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 389 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 156 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 300 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 244 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 164 1
- Cancelled 473
- Cancelled 389
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 379
- Probiz 359
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 265
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 240
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 235
- More spam 186
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 155