What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- LLP members share of profits 610 32
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 771 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 407 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 121 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 40 1
- Registered Office 48 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 86 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 59 1
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 273 7
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 529 17
- 64-8 on paper or online? 83 2
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 332 10
- Management fees agreement 142 4
- Marginal rate relief not given on loss carry back 67 1
- Business travel apps 332 14
- VAT for Residential Property Developer 165 6
- Closed tax years 101 1
- New Employment Allowance 128 2
- RTI 196 8
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 521 9
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 929
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 656
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 383
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 329
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 250
- Paye procedures for CVA 241
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 237
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 182
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 179
- Pension Fixed Protection 179