What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Financial statements accounting policies 162 4
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 308 14
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 105 3
- Accountants website 108 1
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 145 2
- Employed or self employed 64 1
- Relationship between amortisation and distributable profits 166 9
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 109 1
- Design your ideal tax department 845 19
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 247 6
- Scams are not always obvious 1,702 30
- Deemed Employment Payment 390 2
- Little PPR calc question 204 4
- Restructuring company and Form 42 173 7
- Overpayment notice 124 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 230 9
- Cells from many sheets 187 3
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 184 8
- Investment company 197 6
- More RTI stuff 197 4
- New Fangled Penalties 1,058
- Moving away from CCH software 920
- Recruitment agencies 544
- QROP pension input amounts 420
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 368
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 324
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 304
- fraud 246
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 230
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 204