What is the postion with a UK retailer selling to foreign people in the UK
I have a client who supplies spares parts - sometimes retailing at £200 - other times £3000 plus.
Because they are a specialist, they often get overseas visitors coming to them and visiting their shop.
When they sell, they sell the goods, and apply UK VAT.
A couple of these visitors have said that they, with other UK suppliers, have a form which enables them to recalim the VAT when the goods leave the UK.
Is this true? If so, what does my client need to do?
- Mortgage Interest and rental income 25 1
- Charities sorp - portfolio management fees 175 5
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 297 12
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 362 15
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 371 10
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 89 1
- Easy way to not pay tax 200 6
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 341 8
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 154 4
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 200 2
- Builder using cash labour 143 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 225 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 447 11
- Was I rude 841 20
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 220 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 300 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 219 6
- Non-compete agreement 196 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 213 1
- Any views 749 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,488
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 827
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 423
- Sale of business 397
- NOVA 301
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 211
- Bonus Bonds 181
- Management expenses for investment company 178
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 172