What qualifies as a class of shares for the purposes of issuing a Dividend?
Hope you are well. I'm looking at Alphabet Share arrangements and come across a stumbling block that has caused me to question my current understanding that dividends can be issued at varying rates on different share classes.
Assume that A and B Shares are issued and rank parri passu. It is desired that Dividends are to be issued at differing rates on each Class.
My reading the Companies Act 2006 s629 suggests that the label of A and B Shares is irrelevant where equal rights exist. Does this render any sort of Alphabet Share business impossible, bearing in mind the shares are likely to have to rank parri passu in order to be effective to avoid ITEPA ERS provisions.
That being the case a Dividend's legality would be assessed by reference to a larger required amount of retained profits in the Company because all shares of identical rights would be considered of the same Class.
So my questions are:
- What defines a Class of shares for the purposes of issuing a Dividend?
- In an Alphabet Share scenario is it possible to issue differing rates of Dividend to each "Class"?
- Does a Company incorporated under CA1985 differ?
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 373 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 364 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 272 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,448 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,166 35
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 123 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 364 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 252 4
- Rental property company 123 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 271 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 390 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 178 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 209 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 153 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 517 5
- Director's tax return 407 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 193 3
- Flat rate vat 253 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 205 5
- Coming in from the cold 411 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 826
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 574
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 442
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 322
- Free Tax Legislation? 296
- Director Loan account operation 276
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 264
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 261
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 240
- Paye procedures for CVA 182