What is the simplest method for bringing in a new investor to 1 yr old business?
A client has a business which commenced a year ago.
The business is not worth much on paper but it is likely to take off (large orders in pipeline) and she wants to bring in an investor to the business pref through shares to help support the growth. Additional premises is likely to be needed and also purchasing of stock to fulfil orders.
Any pitfalls/ suggestions welcome.
A % of the equity at present value would be minimal. I imagine a commercial lawyer will have to be involved to ensure that the legalities of the arrangement are clear especially if a % of future profits is to be expected.
Is loan at fixed % rate better than equity for example?
I would welcome any thoughts on what considerations should be made before making a final decision on how to bring on additional investors.
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 28 1
- Clothing 569 18
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 280 12
- Digita in the cloud 23 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 210 7
- IHT and US resident 120 2
- Tax relief when working away 35 1
- Parent and subsidiary... 147 5
- Anybody still doing returns? 797 33
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 201 8
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,236 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 362 16
- Designated sole Residence 166 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 741 15
- Anyone know what this is? 305 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 929 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 558 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 283 9
- no utr 314 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,145 49
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 625
- Latest phishing scam 604
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 328
- Scratch Head 266
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 258
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199