What is the simplest method for bringing in a new investor to 1 yr old business?
A client has a business which commenced a year ago.
The business is not worth much on paper but it is likely to take off (large orders in pipeline) and she wants to bring in an investor to the business pref through shares to help support the growth. Additional premises is likely to be needed and also purchasing of stock to fulfil orders.
Any pitfalls/ suggestions welcome.
A % of the equity at present value would be minimal. I imagine a commercial lawyer will have to be involved to ensure that the legalities of the arrangement are clear especially if a % of future profits is to be expected.
Is loan at fixed % rate better than equity for example?
I would welcome any thoughts on what considerations should be made before making a final decision on how to bring on additional investors.
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,477 21
- Closing my business down 178 9
- What do you all do in your spare time? 882 37
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 37 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 142 2
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 168 1
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 228 3
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 619 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 239 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 193 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 146 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,253 36
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 304 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 99 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,116 18
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 431 6
- FPS or EPS 184 2
- Continuity of Practice 230 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 151 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 325 10
- Moving away from CCH software 957
- QROP pension input amounts 443
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 387
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 361
- fraud 288
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 263
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 232
- Construction CIS LLP Company 215
- EPS and CIS deductions 204
- Out of time or not? 185