What is the simplest method for bringing in a new investor to 1 yr old business?
A client has a business which commenced a year ago.
The business is not worth much on paper but it is likely to take off (large orders in pipeline) and she wants to bring in an investor to the business pref through shares to help support the growth. Additional premises is likely to be needed and also purchasing of stock to fulfil orders.
Any pitfalls/ suggestions welcome.
A % of the equity at present value would be minimal. I imagine a commercial lawyer will have to be involved to ensure that the legalities of the arrangement are clear especially if a % of future profits is to be expected.
Is loan at fixed % rate better than equity for example?
I would welcome any thoughts on what considerations should be made before making a final decision on how to bring on additional investors.
- P11d & Medical Ins 172 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 155 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 146 2
- Submitting tax return 72 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 183 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 248 8
- Director's tax return 323 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 88 1
- Sage Payroll 312 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 203 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,062 33
- vat return 257 3
- Flat rate vat 142 1
- Value pricing 731 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 161 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 232 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 292 4
- Reregister for VAT 156 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 204 6
- Weely paid employees 256 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 804
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 554
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 424
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 301
- Free Tax Legislation? 270
- Director Loan account operation 252
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 250
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 244
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 231
- Paye procedures for CVA 161