What is the simplest method for bringing in a new investor to 1 yr old business?
A client has a business which commenced a year ago.
The business is not worth much on paper but it is likely to take off (large orders in pipeline) and she wants to bring in an investor to the business pref through shares to help support the growth. Additional premises is likely to be needed and also purchasing of stock to fulfil orders.
Any pitfalls/ suggestions welcome.
A % of the equity at present value would be minimal. I imagine a commercial lawyer will have to be involved to ensure that the legalities of the arrangement are clear especially if a % of future profits is to be expected.
Is loan at fixed % rate better than equity for example?
I would welcome any thoughts on what considerations should be made before making a final decision on how to bring on additional investors.
- international employer please help!! 31 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 424 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 357 4
- When to include value of import in Box 7 69 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 166 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 309 7
- Capital gain? 85 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,253 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 275 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 352 8
- vat help for catering concession 278 10
- IHT dilemma 1,158 17
- Tax return software for remote working 235 3
- CGT 338 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 324 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 113 2
- Compliance check 519 13
- sole trader accountant 796 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 406 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 606 21
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,085
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 781
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 467
- Digita Hosted Software 282
- Call Centre Data Costs 253
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 229
- Credit where credit's due....... 223
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 209
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 190
- Director phone costs 153