What's your take on the flat-rate state pension?
The government announced today that a new flat-rate state pension will start in April 2017. Pensions minister Steve Webb said the new system would be “much simpler”.
The proposed change will likely see an increase in NICs for defined benefit schemes – will this result in an increase in cost for employers? How will it affect financial planning?
Is it really a step towards simplification or is it the final nail in the coffin?
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 23 1
- flat rate scheme 190 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 221 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,973 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 144 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 478 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 168 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 106 1
- VAT refund 322 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,286 37
- Turnover on a tax return 559 12
- incorrect old p60 567 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 147 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 189 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 162 1
- Special dividends & CGT 209 1
- Networking 374 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 282 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 308 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 345 5