What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 81 2
- signature required 887 32
- Form VAT 600 FRS 78 1
- VAT Office Grimsby 180 3
- Community awards 2014 - first category 146 5
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 437 12
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 142 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 300 3
- Payment plans for clients 266 3
- CT600 253 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 314 16
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 82 1
- Lease 135 4
- Free invoicing software 500 4
- Digita Hosted Software 396 4
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,318 21
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 180 5
- Thin Client recomendation 229 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 192 5
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 122 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,303
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 853
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 544
- Credit where credit's due....... 334
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 260
- TheTax Donut 226
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 186
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 174
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 155
- Director's business mileage 145