What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- Sole Trader to Ltd 11 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 417 13
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 583 8
- VT accounts licence key 356 6
- Starting up in practice - safety net 384 9
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 468 10
- Opening balances Sage 50 27 1
- Flat rate vat 322 4
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 233 6
- Rental property company 176 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 168 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,470 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,199 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 401 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 312 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 287 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 408 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 229 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 217 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 166 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 832
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 449
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 302
- Director Loan account operation 284
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 270
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 184