What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 103 4
- Builder - Roll over relief 167 8
- Sale of Van to a Guernsey company and VAT 89 2
- deleted 413 22
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 696 8
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 59 1
- PII and previous accountant 100 3
- Use of aliases 409 14
- What's the plural? 176 4
- Client leaving and querying previous years accounts 613 25
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 83 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 111 1
- CGT on Self Build Plus Another Property 169 8
- DISCOUNTED RENT FREE PERIOD 111 1
- Sage training course 233 7
- Registering as a CIS Contractor 122 2
- HMRC online out of action? 142 3
- Hold over relief 247 2
- Benchmark scale rates for subsistance 122 1
- Overdue VAT returns 161 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 558
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 407
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 312
- IFA incorporation 284
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 270
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 268
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 238
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 226
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 196
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 190