What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 93 2
- Working from home - time apportionment 287 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 202 2
- cross border vat 107 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,889 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 757 17
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 258 12
- Can't read my handwriting 627 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,646 74
- Employing a carer 117 1
- Fees for Property Tax Return 528 16
- PRR 442 14
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 214 13
- Corp Tax Refund 168 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 388 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 275 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 79 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 230 1
- Audit partner? 272 6
- Losses on FHL Property 116 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,371
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 518
- National Insurance 409
- Non Resident 317
- Hands on experience of Digita 244
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 220
- Employer's Helpline 186
- CIS paid under reg 9 181
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 150
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 145