What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,368 62
- calculate mortgage interest 92 1
- Auto enrolment 1,641 27
- AIA 199 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 581 27
- Depreciation 150 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 129 3
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 322 11
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 217 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 173 3
- client can't/won't pay 442 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 200 6
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 255 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 265 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,190 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 270 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 210 5
- HMRC SA software error? 179 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 176 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 272 14
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 789
- Copy Wanted 503
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 459
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 455
- Latest phishing scam 292
- Entrepreneurs' relief 279
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 273
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 254
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 242
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 238