What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- RTI - EPS - ??? 46 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 93 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 311 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 79 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 221 5
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 201 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 655 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 641 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 119 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 653 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 469 5
- Director self assessment 395 16
- SA tax assessments 163 2
- Sage Import Data 169 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 233 2
- Dividend Vouchers 271 4
- Engagement letter 197 4
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 204 6
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 184 3
- How do you account in the VAT return for 288 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 425
- CTA study material 390
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 286
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 265
- Pre incorp expenses 239
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 216
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 207
- Slight twist on employment related securities 193
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 140
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 138