What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 119 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 505 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 531 12
- Fee protection 66 1
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 108 3
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 71 1
- UK company avoiding tax 177 2
- Finland 63 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 955 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 160 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 505 8
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,193 40
- reconcile Invoice finance bank statement on sage 103 1
- Closing Limited Company 378 10
- CIS verification for SSE 95 1
- Samadian what does it mean 432 8
- conflict of interest? 316 5
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 287 2
- VAT question for services billed to Switzerland but taking place in the UK 152 2
- Excessive Security 485 18
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 269
- Industrial & Provident Societies 259
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- insolvency ip control 147