What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,996 18
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 359 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 99 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 186 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 53 1
- FPS or EPS 117 2
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 232 3
- Continuity of Practice 165 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 112 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 304 10
- Scams are not always obvious 2,193 34
- Financial statements accounting policies 240 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 146 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 291 10
- Online Downtime 334 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 324 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 790 31
- Personal allowance 671 15
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 445 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,120 1
- Moving away from CCH software 944
- QROP pension input amounts 435
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 378
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 352
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 321
- fraud 280
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 250
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 219
- Construction CIS LLP Company 207
- EPS and CIS deductions 193