What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- Company struck off 75 4
- Employment Allowance 355 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 122 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 398 8
- West Bromich Albion 317 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 340 10
- What are options for non CA firm 2,866 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 378 10
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 245 7
- Do I need a smartphone? 81 2
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,263 45
- 27,000 Really? 1,193 38
- Legal title not in the company name 812 23
- Opening Balances 223 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 607 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 158 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 116 1
- This is getting boring 636 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 280 7
- pension paid by company? 142 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 645
- Cancelled 398
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 344
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 311
- Probiz 307
- How not to compose an email 288
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 284
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 260
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225