What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- Abbreviated accounts Companies House 19 1
- Do accountants work at home? 44 1
- Sage 50 accounts 50 2
- Keeping disastrous accounts 500 6
- Where has Portia gone? 5,602 117
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 450 12
- Help 408 13
- Can a trust benefit from PPR 668 5
- Is a new PAYE scheme needed for incorporated business? 87 3
- P11D Expenses Claims 90 1
- Lost "thanks" 152 2
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 365 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 829 14
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 173 3
- Stock of photos to capatilise 444 18
- Anyone used the firm 'More Clients 4 U? 263 6
- Practice management software 1,173 22
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 199 2
- On the high seas 200 3
- US Company charging VAT. How to account 117 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 861
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 452
- Sanzar 353
- How do you do it 343
- Digital marketing focus group 316
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 300
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 215
- Fit for purpose 204
- new investor structure 203
- VAT Registration 184