What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- Partnership Tax Return Deadline 18 1
- Can I claim mileage? 97 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 174 9
- client threatening legal action 1,812 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 691 8
- Partially exempt? 242 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 93 1
- First VAT Visit for client 241 4
- Dividend in specie 233 7
- Lorry Drivers 145 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 127 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 110 1
- Mexican student in UK 121 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 201 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 305 12
- payroll software 145 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,057 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 125 1
- Pricing 337 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 257 5
- Skandia using wrong address 490
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 279
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 274
- Employee rewards 258
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 228
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 218
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 218
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 215
- Etax Australian 172
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 161