What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 178 4
- Self Assessment requirements for lady from Canada 96 1
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 101 2
- Boffin of the Year 345 12
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 181 4
- Non sequitur 286 3
- Pattern for CTA 256 6
- PAYE versus Dividends 187 4
- Employee or partner 59 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 193 5
- The Cotter Case 201 2
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 180 2
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 946 16
- Sole Trader business 158 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 160 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 149 1
- Giving a seminar 687 36
- Tax position on lease extension 183 1
- deleting customers on Sage 50 226 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 246 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,311
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 646
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 427
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 336
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 266
- Alphabet shares 224
- Agent fees to sell business 216
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 210
- Office recharges 171
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 157