What's your way of dealing with irritating last minute requests?
Now I'm doing more tax work, I come up regularly against clients who when presented with final accounts and tax return to sign, ask whether I can make some sort of allowance for XYZ, or did I know about some other expenses (previously not notified to me). They plaintively ask whether it's not too late.
I am deliberately not flooding myself out with tax clients at present whilst I decide how to avoid blowing a personal gasket.
How do you deal with this type of irritation? They all know perfectly well that you are going to treat the data as complete unless you find a glaring anomally when you are doing the accounts. What they don't either know or care about is the aggravation of making all those adjustments and preparing all those pdfs again.
I could present them with accounts for prior approval before getting going on the tax package. Is that the best way forward in future?
Please throw a bucket of cold water over me before I self-explode!
- Freelance/Employee 640 16
- Recommendations for online payroll software 185 1
- . 172 1
- Accountant Specialization. 250 2
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 235 4
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 160 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 161 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 440 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 89 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 592 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 677 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 123 2
- Agent Authorisation Issue 183 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 328 6
- Is it just me ... 283 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 288 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 118 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 352 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 222 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,539 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 746
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 354
- Electric Car 288
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 185
- IP trans to holding company 183
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 171
- AIA 166
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 163