When can i reclaim the Vat on a van HP purchase?
If I were to buy a van on HP, at what point can I reclaim the vat? Do i record the input vat of £2,750 when I record the asset and the hp creditor, or with the deposit and each intalment made?
The scenario is as follows:-
Van Cost £13,750, plus £2,750 vat = £16,500
Deposit of £4,500 to be made. Balance remaining of £12,000, plus HP interest of £2,938 = £14,938 to be paid.
1st instalment is £504, followed by 46 instalments of £305 and a final payment of £404.
Thanks for any help.
- Microsoft One Drive 452 15
- Audacity 1,346 23
- minority interest discount 142 4
- Software Sales 79 2
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 332 10
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 310 5
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 265 2
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 333 8
- vat gross margins 121 1
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,574 13
- A rant - Debt Management units vs PAYE office response times 156 1
- Seeking advice: Need some help with Company Accounts 550 8
- How do I know if I have to apply a reverse charge mechanism 188 4
- On to a loser here? 1,154 4
- Client right to working papers 1,354 9
- 2020 Annual Conference 143 1
- Thinning income 383 4
- Bank Statement Scanning Software? 164 2
- Work to Rented Business Premises 216 1
- Not a question but made my day 1,197 23
- NHS finance professionals 601
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 391
- Foreign Pension Contribution 363
- vat gross profit percentage margins 336
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 328
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 308
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 275
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 245
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 237
- IFA income recognition & reporting 201