When can i reclaim the Vat on a van HP purchase?
If I were to buy a van on HP, at what point can I reclaim the vat? Do i record the input vat of £2,750 when I record the asset and the hp creditor, or with the deposit and each intalment made?
The scenario is as follows:-
Van Cost £13,750, plus £2,750 vat = £16,500
Deposit of £4,500 to be made. Balance remaining of £12,000, plus HP interest of £2,938 = £14,938 to be paid.
1st instalment is £504, followed by 46 instalments of £305 and a final payment of £404.
Thanks for any help.
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,293 27
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 111 3
- utr 50 2
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 268 7
- Companies House incorporation service 57 1
- P9D or P11D 675 7
- CT return error message 357 10
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,673 43
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 492 9
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 103 2
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 87 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 84 1
- Audit rules 362 8
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 290 7
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 216 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 812 11
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 183 2
- FRS17 query 202 2
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 998 6
- Charge HMRC 268 2
- Xtuple 541
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 313
- Industrial & Provident Societies 307
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 274
- CIS schemes 207
- Domain name sale and limited company 199
- Investment 178
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 171
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 170