When can i reclaim the Vat on a van HP purchase?
If I were to buy a van on HP, at what point can I reclaim the vat? Do i record the input vat of £2,750 when I record the asset and the hp creditor, or with the deposit and each intalment made?
The scenario is as follows:-
Van Cost £13,750, plus £2,750 vat = £16,500
Deposit of £4,500 to be made. Balance remaining of £12,000, plus HP interest of £2,938 = £14,938 to be paid.
1st instalment is £504, followed by 46 instalments of £305 and a final payment of £404.
Thanks for any help.
- Limited Company 77 2
- I do not love you 99 2
- Stamp Duty 328 5
- Love is in the air 705 8
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 737 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 860 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 382 5
- Paying Son 796 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 402 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 284 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,071 47
- Setting up a practice 627 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 610 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 555 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 475 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 247 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,865 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 449 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 608 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 601 7
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Foreign domicile status 304
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 298
- CGT for NOn UK residents 285
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 282
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 259
- Apprenticeship Levy 246
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 243
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 235
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 230