When can i reclaim the Vat on a van HP purchase?
If I were to buy a van on HP, at what point can I reclaim the vat? Do i record the input vat of £2,750 when I record the asset and the hp creditor, or with the deposit and each intalment made?
The scenario is as follows:-
Van Cost £13,750, plus £2,750 vat = £16,500
Deposit of £4,500 to be made. Balance remaining of £12,000, plus HP interest of £2,938 = £14,938 to be paid.
1st instalment is £504, followed by 46 instalments of £305 and a final payment of £404.
Thanks for any help.
- Notes to statutory accounts 255 14
- What does it mean?? 260 10
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 310 8
- another ir35!!!! 1,017 7
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 69 1
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 287 8
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 227 8
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 613 12
- Auto enrolment 976 11
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 123 4
- Gifting shares 244 5
- Tax Credit Overpayment 230 8
- A question about share structure 190 3
- Holding companies 139 5
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 102 2
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 536 6
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 205 6
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 104 2
- Donations/grants by a CIC 175 1
- VAT Registration 406 18
- Skandia using wrong address 1,528
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 839
- International interest certificate 457
- NOVA 315
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 206
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 205
- Bonus Bonds 199
- Management expenses for investment company 192
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 180
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 168