When can i reclaim the Vat on a van HP purchase?
If I were to buy a van on HP, at what point can I reclaim the vat? Do i record the input vat of £2,750 when I record the asset and the hp creditor, or with the deposit and each intalment made?
The scenario is as follows:-
Van Cost £13,750, plus £2,750 vat = £16,500
Deposit of £4,500 to be made. Balance remaining of £12,000, plus HP interest of £2,938 = £14,938 to be paid.
1st instalment is £504, followed by 46 instalments of £305 and a final payment of £404.
Thanks for any help.
- Director registration for SA question 350 14
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 154 5
- Business only use of company car 659 26
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 53 2
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 451 18
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 493 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 278 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 912 29
- New Company reviews please 520 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 271 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 168 2
- VAT with Russia 184 2
- valuation of vehicles 361 15
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 228 4
- Money Laundering Manual 295 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 231 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,093 29
- directors loan 323 8
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 361 4
- CIS not deducted 347 5
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 289
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 238
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 237
- Any thoughts on Capium? 215
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 214
- auto enrolment 183
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 174
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 149
- How to account for investment in JV? 148
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 145