When can i reclaim the Vat on a van HP purchase?
If I were to buy a van on HP, at what point can I reclaim the vat? Do i record the input vat of £2,750 when I record the asset and the hp creditor, or with the deposit and each intalment made?
The scenario is as follows:-
Van Cost £13,750, plus £2,750 vat = £16,500
Deposit of £4,500 to be made. Balance remaining of £12,000, plus HP interest of £2,938 = £14,938 to be paid.
1st instalment is £504, followed by 46 instalments of £305 and a final payment of £404.
Thanks for any help.
- Cash in Hand 141 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 180 5
- are receipts needed? 630 17
- SA302's anyone?? 613 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 329 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 120 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 348 12
- Busines software 160 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 194 6
- Converting a barn for business use 185 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 312 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 315 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 483 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 316 3
- Bookkeping software 731 7
- Clogged Losses 282 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 274 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 659 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 274 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 129 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 372
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 324
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 269
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 184
- P11D benefit received by widow 163
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 158
- EXACT ONLINE 158