When can i reclaim the Vat on a van HP purchase?
If I were to buy a van on HP, at what point can I reclaim the vat? Do i record the input vat of £2,750 when I record the asset and the hp creditor, or with the deposit and each intalment made?
The scenario is as follows:-
Van Cost £13,750, plus £2,750 vat = £16,500
Deposit of £4,500 to be made. Balance remaining of £12,000, plus HP interest of £2,938 = £14,938 to be paid.
1st instalment is £504, followed by 46 instalments of £305 and a final payment of £404.
Thanks for any help.
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 140 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,588 283
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 209 10
- Standard 'email' template system 870 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 451 9
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,020 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 211 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 78 1
- Circular shareholding 223 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 182 6
- business card address 290 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 210 2
- Declined for business bank account 208 4
- Loan to a related company 97 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 652 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 329 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 256 8
- property rental income split 121 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 133 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 104 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,112
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 365
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 239
- Payments on account coded out?? 228
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 220
- Non Resident 186
- Franchise income and costs 175
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 173