When can i reclaim the Vat on a van HP purchase?
If I were to buy a van on HP, at what point can I reclaim the vat? Do i record the input vat of £2,750 when I record the asset and the hp creditor, or with the deposit and each intalment made?
The scenario is as follows:-
Van Cost £13,750, plus £2,750 vat = £16,500
Deposit of £4,500 to be made. Balance remaining of £12,000, plus HP interest of £2,938 = £14,938 to be paid.
1st instalment is £504, followed by 46 instalments of £305 and a final payment of £404.
Thanks for any help.
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 247 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 791 21
- BrightPay 581 17
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 215 2
- H&W company 174 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 143 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 157 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 260 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 77 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 783 32
- Classic cars investment 215 6
- VAT silly question 2,379 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,077 10
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 260 5
- Federation Accounts 359 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 540 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 289 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 165 2
- Late reply from HMRC 260 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 290 6
- Benchmarking 487
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 406
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 347
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 205
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Clubs and Taxable Income 188
- Income tax on foreign dividends 187
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 182