When can i reclaim the Vat on a van HP purchase?
If I were to buy a van on HP, at what point can I reclaim the vat? Do i record the input vat of £2,750 when I record the asset and the hp creditor, or with the deposit and each intalment made?
The scenario is as follows:-
Van Cost £13,750, plus £2,750 vat = £16,500
Deposit of £4,500 to be made. Balance remaining of £12,000, plus HP interest of £2,938 = £14,938 to be paid.
1st instalment is £504, followed by 46 instalments of £305 and a final payment of £404.
Thanks for any help.
- Transfer of Software to sister company 40 1
- Your comments please 149 4
- CGT history of shares 104 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 661 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 182 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 86 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 178 2
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 53 1
- Closing my business down 330 20
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 120 1
- Recording Calls 68 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 72 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,277 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,494 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 917 36
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 74 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 164 2
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 256 3
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 255 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 203 6
- Moving away from CCH software 959
- QROP pension input amounts 446
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 389
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 368
- fraud 292
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 265
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 234
- Construction CIS LLP Company 218
- EPS and CIS deductions 210
- Out of time or not? 193