When is the latest you can file a SA tax return?
I have just tried to file a SA100 for 2007/08 for an individual client. When trying to file the returns using HMRC online website/software it confirmed the clients 07/08 return was outstanding but would not let me access the filing section stating that the filing window for that period had closed.
Does anyone know of an alternative way of filing these returns eg buying a previous version of Ftax for those years? Im assuming paper returns may be accepted but would the £100 penalties from all that way back then stand?
This client has no tax to pay but there is another with losses from 07/08 to carry forward.
Many thanks for your advice.
- Digita in the cloud 112 2
- Tax relief when working away 40 1
- Anybody still doing returns? 922 36
- Self assessment for directors 61 1
- Tax relief when working away 145 3
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 244 9
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,304 20
- Designated sole Residence 232 5
- A little knowledge 263 5
- Scratch Head 331 1
- Year end 258 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 317 13
- Clothing 626 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 154 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 186 5
- Identity check problem 1,515 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 212 1
- Capital allowances on Software 239 2
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 137 3
- Company director and KIT days 137 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 962
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 685
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 632
- Latest phishing scam 609
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 448
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 332
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 266
- Sabbatical payments 226
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 211
- Negligible Value Claim 205