When is the latest you can file a SA tax return?
I have just tried to file a SA100 for 2007/08 for an individual client. When trying to file the returns using HMRC online website/software it confirmed the clients 07/08 return was outstanding but would not let me access the filing section stating that the filing window for that period had closed.
Does anyone know of an alternative way of filing these returns eg buying a previous version of Ftax for those years? Im assuming paper returns may be accepted but would the £100 penalties from all that way back then stand?
This client has no tax to pay but there is another with losses from 07/08 to carry forward.
Many thanks for your advice.
- Personal pension 364 8
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 55 4
- How much of your work is admin? 1,168 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 865 27
- Cocaine anyone? 317 5
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 78 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,487 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 297 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 492 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 267 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 349 11
- Tax return software for remote working 493 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 589 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 473 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 461 9
- How to purchase business premises? 197 2
- Will I need to resign? 868 10
- Childcare vouchers 211 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 284 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 309 6
- Hive up 477
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 441
- corporate hierarchy 419
- Advice - 253
- Amortisation of Goodwill 226
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 213
- WWOOFers 207
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 189
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 184