When is the latest you can file a SA tax return?
I have just tried to file a SA100 for 2007/08 for an individual client. When trying to file the returns using HMRC online website/software it confirmed the clients 07/08 return was outstanding but would not let me access the filing section stating that the filing window for that period had closed.
Does anyone know of an alternative way of filing these returns eg buying a previous version of Ftax for those years? Im assuming paper returns may be accepted but would the £100 penalties from all that way back then stand?
This client has no tax to pay but there is another with losses from 07/08 to carry forward.
Many thanks for your advice.
- Declined for business bank account 14 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,310 274
- property rental income split 72 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 116 2
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 190 7
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 84 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 513 24
- Payroll provider 86 5
- Repairs after a rental business ends 283 9
- How do we report and pay tax liability of company car we give to employee? 113 1
- Family loan 345 8
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 329 5
- business card address 216 5
- Standard 'email' template system 804 13
- Donations (to a school!) 314 10
- Circular shareholding 138 3
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 258 1
- Employment related securities question 560 2
- Shutting down a company with creditors 952 12
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 261 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,104
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 362
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 298
- National Insurance 267
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 237
- Payments on account coded out?? 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 218
- Non Resident 180
- Franchise income and costs 173
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 154