When is the latest you can file a SA tax return?
I have just tried to file a SA100 for 2007/08 for an individual client. When trying to file the returns using HMRC online website/software it confirmed the clients 07/08 return was outstanding but would not let me access the filing section stating that the filing window for that period had closed.
Does anyone know of an alternative way of filing these returns eg buying a previous version of Ftax for those years? Im assuming paper returns may be accepted but would the £100 penalties from all that way back then stand?
This client has no tax to pay but there is another with losses from 07/08 to carry forward.
Many thanks for your advice.
- The stupidity continues 647 25
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 234 4
- transactions after account have been closed 190 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 175 5
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 537 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 226 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 130 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,340 25
- New Employers Helpline 210 4
- Software recommendations 278 1
- Share transfer question 383 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 333 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 189 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,460 19
- Overlap relief 759 19
- What is IRIS World like? 369 8
- Pension contributions 384 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 513 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 213 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 289 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 436
- WIP Software 301
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 236
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 233
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 210
- Is there anything wrong with this? 205
- Small Part Disposal of Property 190
- Uncommercial property business 182