Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Company formation and bank account 222 7
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 639 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,524 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 508 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 394 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 189 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 391 8
- OneNote is fantastic 479 11
- VAT Direct Debit 357 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 437 8
- Self Assessment Software 685 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 434 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,350 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 254 11
- Owning overseas property 242 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 351 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 283 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 694 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,149 21
- PPR on a development? 242 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 652
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 400
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 400
- Property letting & CAs 390
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 383
- 2015 tax year end 383
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 270
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 237
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230