Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Amend a 2010/11 return 251 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,277 23
- Owner director gym membership 204 6
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 164 6
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,795 34
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,494 36
- Tax Fines - HMRC 574 8
- Community Faux Pas 233 10
- check v enquiry v discovery 111 1
- Practical experience 675 13
- Has this payroll data been created retrospectively? 125 2
- Autumn statement predictions 803 9
- Travelling expenses 154 3
- Exemption from CGT 438 12
- J10 - stock transfer form 89 2
- Post AAT? 427 1
- Do I need to register for VAT 204 11
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 119 3
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 265 4
- VAT - Check on clients business 705 28