Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 584 5
- See you all on the other side 670 6
- 12Pay 433 2
- dividends 578 2
- R&D 304 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,159 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 430 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 388 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 359 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 535 5
- Seeking a tax case 631 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 491 4
- Companies house strike off 516 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 410 2
- Moving to the cloud 730 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 210 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 885 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 202 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,087 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 481 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 556
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 418
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 367
- IRIS and FRS 102 352
- Capitalising Finance Lease 318
- USA help 314
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 294
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 285
- Marginal rates of tax 270
- Capital gains on rental property 261