Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 165 2
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 268 7
- VAT on employee loan 231 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 147 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 685 18
- What do you all do in your spare time? 495 23
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 270 5
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 140 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 60 2
- Purchased Goodwill 55 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 70 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 172 4
- Recruitment agencies 572 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 509 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 192 4
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 262 9
- HMRC RANT!!!! 445 8
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,366 19
- Scams are not always obvious 1,997 33
- Design your ideal tax department 960 21
- New Fangled Penalties 1,072
- Moving away from CCH software 925
- QROP pension input amounts 423
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 334
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 258
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 235
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 206
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189