Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Presentation/Disclosure of acquired Company 172 10
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 189 4
- online CT600 splitting salary COS & expenses 84 4
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 1,052 42
- P11D 134 2
- Directors Tax Returns 64 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 550 10
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 163 3
- Residential Management Companies 139 5
- Marginal rate relief not given on loss carry back 138 3
- Buy land with a view to build residential flats on it 73 2
- Secondment expenses 250 8
- Aged Debtors does not equal TB 107 2
- Am I a tax adviser? 215 3
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 567 17
- Company struck-off 1,382 16
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 255 5
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 363 10
- Clever way to split cells? 396 14
- Problem with HMRC's form CWF1 173 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 949
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 663
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 414
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 337
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 267
- Paye procedures for CVA 254
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 253
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 206
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 197
- Pension Fixed Protection 192