Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 164 4
- 27,000 Really? 1,153 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,833 60
- Legal title not in the company name 795 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 343 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 313 8
- Opening Balances 207 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 589 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 116 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 93 1
- This is getting boring 621 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 267 7
- pension paid by company? 123 3
- inheritance tax 427 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 351 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 231 4
- State pension 304 3
- Accountancy Career 149 1
- CIC Company 658 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,823 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 641
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 354
- Cancelled 338
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 310
- Probiz 305
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 280
- How not to compose an email 268
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224