Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,236 28
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,658 42
- Sage Line 50 142 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 88 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 356 6
- Accountant Specialization. 300 4
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 365 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 132 1
- Freelance/Employee 677 17
- Recommendations for online payroll software 204 1
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 175 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 182 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 483 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 119 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 607 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 702 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 150 2
- Agent Authorisation Issue 210 2
- Is it just me ... 331 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 308 4
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 749
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 407
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 357
- Electric Car 291
- S222 Charge 240
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 176
- AIA 170
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 169