Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- corp tax software 1,036 14
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 312 13
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 424 6
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 172 4
- PRR 458 15
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 95 1
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 233 14
- Working from home - time apportionment 302 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 209 2
- cross border vat 119 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,930 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 787 17
- Can't read my handwriting 637 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,660 74
- Employing a carer 136 1
- Fees for Property Tax Return 537 16
- Corp Tax Refund 176 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 416 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 287 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 104 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,374
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 520
- National Insurance 417
- Non Resident 322
- Hands on experience of Digita 245
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 228
- Employer's Helpline 189
- CIS paid under reg 9 187
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 153
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 151