Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 140 4
- Accountants' Error 689 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 143 3
- Scoot 179 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 148 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 198 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 661 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,449 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 109 1
- Regaining my qualification 199 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 227 2
- Auto enrolment 190 3
- Shareholder agreement 171 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 195 3
- Company Reorganisation 163 3
- Employee Loan 206 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 464 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 593 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 148 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,449
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 762
- Any views 696
- HMRC Employers Diary 521
- International interest certificate 423
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 387
- Sale of business 354
- NOVA 259
- Advertising services? 253
- IRIS Open Books problem 244