Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 137 3
- Lloyds bank ... 395 6
- Do I need to pay my accountant 218 4
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 229 5
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 347 18
- Limited company buying a car 195 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 472 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 575 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 231 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 299 4
- ACCA practice certificates 508 5
- Limited company buying director's car 312 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 96 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 131 1
- WC's and capital allowances 183 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 320 13
- Dress code 1,560 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 485 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 267 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 394 4
- CTA study material 772
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 401
- Employment related securities question 311
- AIM Stocks and IHT 282
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 260
- Expat pension contributions? 260
- Trust for Employee 239
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 187
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149