Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Cash basis 448 12
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 129 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 259 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 280 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 147 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 302 6
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 149 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,841 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 319 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 227 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 83 1
- Investor exit 187 3
- Partially exempt? 364 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 139 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 405 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,262 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 387 4
- Statutory sick pay 252 3
- Overseas bank interest 230 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 173 1
- Skandia using wrong address 560
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 303
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 301
- Employee rewards 283
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 237
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 221
- Etax Australian 181
- LLP in Construction Industry 146
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 127
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 126