Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Auto enrolment 153 2
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 97 3
- Registration as self-employed 151 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 1,047 15
- Corporation Tax Software 404 12
- VAT on commision and connected persons 87 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 671 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 97 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 154 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 108 4
- Regular Director bonus 452 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 152 1
- BrightPay 1,097 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 541 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 364 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,121 17
- BIK for an electric car 170 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,640 90
- How do I save face? 2,404 14
- Goodie bag 3,121 72
- Possible Partnership? 693
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 537
- Fuming! 518
- New Fangled Penalties 467
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 335
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 277
- Moving away from CCH software 266
- Outsource Data Entry 258
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 258
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 207