Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 164 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 542 4
- Wrong career 118 5
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,864 28
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 192 5
- Newsletter 242 5
- RTI Filing 1,760 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 111 1
- Fee's for P11D's 310 5
- Agent with HMRC 242 10
- Quarterly PAYE 245 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 58 1
- reporting salary? 179 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 329 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 274 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 107 3
- Value pricing 593 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 392 1
- Childcare Vouchers 177 3
- Audit Report Query 192 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 772
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 527
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 394
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 279
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 220
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 218
- Director Loan account operation 210
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 206
- Free Tax Legislation? 193
- vat return 175