Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 66 1
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,163 10
- flat rate scheme 445 9
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,382 39
- Rental Expenses 232 7
- Defer,Accrue & Wip 249 7
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 223 7
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 348 2
- UK tax exposure 269 4
- regulated mortgage work? 157 2
- any help? 290 4
- HMRC turning post around in 11 - 12 weeks? 356 8
- Companies House? 277 3
- Echosign mail merge? 299 1
- Before I call employers helpline 268 1
- VAT refund 427 4
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 247 3
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 232 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 591 6
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 310 2