Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Community awards 2014 - first category 124 5
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 47 1
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 425 12
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 140 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 292 3
- Payment plans for clients 262 3
- CT600 245 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 310 16
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 77 1
- Lease 129 4
- Free invoicing software 492 4
- Digita Hosted Software 394 4
- signature required 870 31
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,311 21
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 176 5
- Thin Client recomendation 224 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 190 5
- VAT Office Grimsby 171 2
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 118 2
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 134 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,302
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 850
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 542
- Credit where credit's due....... 334
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 260
- TheTax Donut 225
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 186
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 171
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 154
- Sole trader CPD 145