Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- PAYE versus Dividends 155 3
- Employee or partner 21 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 188 5
- The Cotter Case 184 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 122 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 144 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 66 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 940 16
- Sole Trader business 153 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 152 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 146 1
- Giving a seminar 685 36
- Tax position on lease extension 176 1
- Boffin of the Year 305 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 223 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 238 4
- Sage Depreciation 83 1
- Non sequitur 254 2
- Am i Liable? 884 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 172 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,306
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 642
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 426
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 334
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 262
- Alphabet shares 221
- Agent fees to sell business 215
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 209
- Office recharges 170
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 154