Where to post cash paid by employees for shares
Having a mental moment with Dr and Cr.
My client company issued shares direct to two of it's employees. 5% each. I'm looking at income tax on shares for free.
One of the employees is the son director/shareholder so probably no IT charge as family relationship.
The other employee is now willing to pay the (low) market value for these shares, so as to avoid any IT charge. The 88(2) said £1 per share was paid, not MV. If the employee paid £10 per share now - 2 years later - what do I credit. This cash can only be paid dierct to the company (ie it wasn't a gift from the othe individual shareholders.
The Dr cash I can do!
What do i Cr? Share Premium, seems the correct thing, had it been done properly in the first place. Can this be done 2 years later. Can Share premium suddenly appear in the 2012 accounts without an increase in the issued?
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 306
- Set up a company pension 259
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 227
- RTI Fees 216
- Where's our 10%? 199
- HMRC Lost PAYE Clients 199
- Driving sales growth 193
- EIS 187
- Regiatration of a Trust 183
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 182
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 181
- CIS late registration 167
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 164
- Best structure 164
- Inorporation using S165 gift relief 160
- Break up basis accounting 160
- Mortgage application for intending director. 153
- Property owned privately 153
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 140
- Companies in administration - Bad debt and VAT 132