Where to send a Time to Pay request in writing?
I spoke with the Business Payment Support Service a few weeks ago, on behalf of a client. There was a lot of detail required which I have since gathered from the client, and I wish to put this in writing to demonstrate how much the client can pay over a suggested time period. The client was visited by HMRC last week and issued a distraint notice for Vat owed and I really need to make sure that this goes to the appropriate place within HMRC. I will fax a copy of the letter to the office that issued the distraint notice, as I do have their details.
I telephone the Business Payment Support service today and they told me to write to the local tax office as they can only deal with requests by telephone and cannot accept any letters or faxes. This seems a bit daft to me, as it will be a lot clearer if they can see what I am referring to.
Does anyone have any advice as to where to send this letter?
Thanks in advance.
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,619 67
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 54 2
- Penalties 107 1
- SAGE con 212 4
- rates of pay query 212 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 84 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 134 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 195 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 100 1
- Overpayment relief claim 151 5
- Charity reserves 128 3
- Have i messed up? 659 10
- Year end 355 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 214 3
- Comments on this scenario 92 1
- Related Parties Note 417 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 103 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 128 4
- loss on carbon credits 109 2
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 589 9
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,008
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 546
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 360
- Tax efficient holding company structure 286
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 275
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 213
- Charge out rates in London? 208
- Personal consumption by landlord 182
- Interest on Loan to a Company 173
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 149