Which accounting package?
I currently use sage line 50 client manager for one of my clients to do his bookkeeping and management accounts, and then I use Iris to produce the year end accounts. My client is now looking to take a more active role in the day to day accounting and to do all the inputting of data in house and has asked me to recommend and evaluate the various options that are available. Taking into account the fact that none of the staff that will be using the software have any bookkeeping experience my initial recommendation was for him to purchase his own licence of sage and for me to have remote access via Logmein or vnc and then go to his premises once or twice a month to hand hold and prepare the management accounts etc. The client, however thinks that sage is too much for his needs and does not see it important that by changing he will be losing 8 years of historical data and has decided he wants to go for one of the online options. I wondered which ones other accountants would recommend based on first hand experience. I have had demo's and set up a trial for my client of Iris Openbooks and Sage one, even though both of these packages have some very useful features, especially the uploading of the bank statement within Iris, the lack of batch entry of purchase invoices is a real drawback and neither is going to be very easy to correct mistakes without doing journals and regardless of how much training I give in the early months, so I could end up having to spend a lot of time putting right the mistakes. Each month there are about 100 purchase invoices, 20 sales invoices and 3 pages of bank statements.
Any suggestions/recommendations would really be appreciated.
- CGT and primary residence 109 1
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 409 10
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 721 19
- Marriage Allowance 198 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,089 12
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 356 4
- S455 and February year ends 259 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,247 32
- HMRC having technical difficulties 819 18
- Closing down loss-making company 417 5
- S.455 Tax again 270 3
- New Build 328 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 371 4
- Mortgage Reference 779 10
- RTI offline? 183 1
- Right To Manage Company 275 4
- Day allowance working in Qatar 167 1
- Giving shares away 335 6
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 633 5
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 285 5