Which accounting package?
I currently use sage line 50 client manager for one of my clients to do his bookkeeping and management accounts, and then I use Iris to produce the year end accounts. My client is now looking to take a more active role in the day to day accounting and to do all the inputting of data in house and has asked me to recommend and evaluate the various options that are available. Taking into account the fact that none of the staff that will be using the software have any bookkeeping experience my initial recommendation was for him to purchase his own licence of sage and for me to have remote access via Logmein or vnc and then go to his premises once or twice a month to hand hold and prepare the management accounts etc. The client, however thinks that sage is too much for his needs and does not see it important that by changing he will be losing 8 years of historical data and has decided he wants to go for one of the online options. I wondered which ones other accountants would recommend based on first hand experience. I have had demo's and set up a trial for my client of Iris Openbooks and Sage one, even though both of these packages have some very useful features, especially the uploading of the bank statement within Iris, the lack of batch entry of purchase invoices is a real drawback and neither is going to be very easy to correct mistakes without doing journals and regardless of how much training I give in the early months, so I could end up having to spend a lot of time putting right the mistakes. Each month there are about 100 purchase invoices, 20 sales invoices and 3 pages of bank statements.
Any suggestions/recommendations would really be appreciated.
- Xerocon 2016 1,019 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,192 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 236 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 250 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 598 12
- Personal Tax 499 11
- USA Tax Query 175 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,661 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 946 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 299 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 602 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 353 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 415 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 180 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 344 4
- last minute request 523 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46